The Academy!?

Chat about anything football related here!
JustLikeMyDreams

The Academy!?

Post by JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:43 pm

How refreshing it is see top players signing for the Academy from other top clubs!
They all seem to sign for us at present as they feel they have more chance of breaking through at our club!
On the flip side.
Is this true??
If your leaving chels ,arse ,ath Madrid ,manc c. ETC because your not going to get a chance at these big clubs first team!Will you prove good enough to play in our first team?
I hope they prove snips and get into the team,as well as becoming super stars.But what are the chances of that actually happening??If they are leaving big clubs (which I believe we are now working towards being)because they are not good enough to get a chance in there team!why are they going to prove good enough for our team??
I hope we are just a bigger attraction than these other clubs with all the latest progress we have made,but only time will tell.
0 x

eskimo joe

Re: The Academy!?

Post by eskimo joe » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:07 pm

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:How refreshing it is see top players signing for the Academy from other top clubs!
They all seem to sign for us at present as they feel they have more chance of breaking through at our club!
On the flip side.
Is this true??
If your leaving chels ,arse ,ath Madrid ,manc c. ETC because your not going to get a chance at these big clubs first team!Will you prove good enough to play in our first team?
I hope they prove snips and get into the team,as well as becoming super stars.But what are the chances of that actually happening??If they are leaving big clubs (which I believe we are now working towards being)because they are not good enough to get a chance in there team!why are they going to prove good enough for our team??
I hope we are just a bigger attraction than these other clubs with all the latest progress we have made,but only time will tell.

True. Where did Morrison come from, and Samuelson.. But for every gem let slip there are a a few duds in the pile.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm

This has been a real plus for us and the signing of young Campbell from City is significant because he's the best player from that age group.

I fully expect Martinez to impress during the US tour too.
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:00 pm

Gonzo wrote:This has been a real plus for us and the signing of young Campbell from City is significant because he's the best player from that age group.

Do you really think Gonzo if a player is not good enough to get in other top teams in the prem,they will be good enough for our first team squad?
Oxford is regarded as the next great talent,he can't get in our first team at present!
I hope so much were pinching the next Rio's and lampards,Carricks/J.Coles off these top prem teams but I remain sceptical!
It usally proves to good to be true!If they are all as good as the headlines are saying,the youth players were signing now,are going to carry us into a new era!
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:32 pm

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:
Gonzo wrote:This has been a real plus for us and the signing of young Campbell from City is significant because he's the best player from that age group.

Do you really think Gonzo if a player is not good enough to get in other top teams in the prem,they will be good enough for our first team squad?
Oxford is regarded as the next great talent,he can't get in our first team at present!
I hope so much were pinching the next Rio's and lampards,Carricks/J.Coles off these top prem teams but I remain sceptical!
It usally proves to good to be true!If they are all as good as the headlines are saying,the youth players were signing now,are going to carry us into a new era!

Samuelsen would never have got into the City team because their last two attacking midfielders cost £50m + so there is no way that they can give a youngster game time. It will be the same for this Campbell kid who will have to get past Aguero and not to mention the £68m they are likely to spend on the chap from Dortmund.

It's certainly no embarrassment if you can't make it at a super club initially. Funnily enough even players who command big fees like Moratta and Pogba had to leave Real & Man U respectively to get first team football.

I would also like to point out that Oxford is 17 and very fucking skinny, we are not talking about a 20 year old who is maturing into a man.

Some make it and some don't but in Martinez, Oxford, Dobson, Samuelsen & Campbell we have some of the best players in their age group and at this stage that's all the club can do.
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:57 pm

Gonzo wrote:
JustLikeMyDreams wrote: Do you really think Gonzo if a player is not good enough to get in other top teams in the prem,they will be good enough for our first team squad?

Samuelsen would never have got into the City team because their last two attacking midfielders cost £50m + so there is no way that they can give a youngster game time. It will be the same for this Campbell kid who will have to get past Aguero and not to mention the £68m they are likely to spend on the chap from Dortmund.

It's certainly no embarrassment if you can't make it at a super club initially. Funnily enough even players who command big fees like Moratta and Pogba had to leave Real & Man U respectively to get first team football.

I would also like to point out that Oxford is 17 and very fucking skinny, we are not talking about a 20 year old who is maturing into a man.

Some make it and some don't but in Martinez, Oxford, Dobson, Samuelsen & Campbell we have some of the best players in their age group and at this stage that's all the club can do.
I hope they are all good enough to push for first team places,there is nothing better than seeing young players pushing through to the first team!
But at present it looks unlikely they are going to get into the first team with the senior players we have avalible!Will they be happy to be loaned out for a couple of seasons?
I look at our midfield and wonder who Samuelson could replace in the near future?
If the forward Martinez is decent then maybe he may get a chance,but how long will these lads stay patient for!They have left there native clubs in search of a first team chance at our place,even with a run in Europe can we fit them in?Our midfield is completely loaded with senior players now,the ones who don't play in the prem will need game time in the cups!So where does Samuelson get his chance?
I am not knocking what we're doing,bringing in top youth players from our rivals is great!If they can be patient and not expect instant opportunitys in our first team and are willing to work hard for a chance.
0 x

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:14 pm

I think most come to us not on the basis that they think they're berty big bollocks and will easily get into our team, they probably look at it and think, "this mob brought through Lampard, Ferdinand, Defoe, Carrick etc, if I get my nut down and work hard, in a few years time I won't be competiting against yet another £80m player from abroad but could work towards 1st team football"

They should be thinking that way and fair play to those that are leaving. Too many players have gone the other way, swapped regular 1st team football to go and sit on a big clubs bench, never to be heard of until said club decides to sell them, Jack Rodwell an Scott Sinclair to name just 2.

Players who come to us and knuckle down and work hard deserve to get a crack at the 1st team at some point so lets hope some of them come on a bit this season and we see a few of them make a coupe of appearances.
0 x

Post by 1234 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:20 pm

I'm getting embarassed the way the club are proclaiming that signing youth players is big transfer business. Treating fans like fools.
Clubs are making these types of signings all the time...without the famfare we supply the media.
Treating fans like fools.
See how many of these "great coups" make an impact.
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:31 pm

1234 wrote:I'm getting embarassed the way the club are proclaiming that signing youth players is big transfer business. Treating fans like fools.
Clubs are making these types of signings all the time...without the famfare we supply the media.
Treating fans like fools.
See how many of these "great coups" make an impact.
Don't get embarrassed numbers!Embraceing signing top youth players is good.
My concern is there patients and if they have the right attitude to work hard and wait there chance!
Why not big up positive youth signings!It shows your club is an attractive option to young talent from bigger clubs!
If your embarrassed by our clubs joy of signing future talent then your a fool.you do come out with some strange rants my friend ;) .
0 x

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:36 pm

Gonzo wrote:
JustLikeMyDreams wrote: Do you really think Gonzo if a player is not good enough to get in other top teams in the prem,they will be good enough for our first team squad?

Oxford is skinny, but then so was Ferdinand at that age. He never grew into a muscle monster, but rarely got shoved off the ball. Oxford may well be the same. He dd get bullied by Lukaku, but he is by no means the only one to get tarred with that brush
0 x

Social Media