An "Average" Season

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Pennywise
Posts: 2086
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:04 am
x 1
x 61

Re: An "Average" Season

Post by Pennywise » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:05 pm

jameskel wrote:FFS

cant you just have a punch up with Porterman, rather than subjecting us to that pile of wank :D

We have all been duped by the promises from the owners
It's called statistical analysis James my dear old thing, but I wouldn't expect a stinking cuntbag like you to recognise that. :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 7056
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Contact:

Re: An "Average" Season

Post by Taansend » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Pennywise wrote:
jameskel wrote:FFS

cant you just have a punch up with Porterman, rather than subjecting us to that pile of wank :D

We have all been duped by the promises from the owners
It's called statistical analysis James my dear old thing, but I wouldn't expect a stinking cuntbag like you to recognise that. :i am genuinely amused:
Anal being the operative word.

Stats mean nuffink. 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape. Doesn't mean it's good though, does it :twisted:
0 x

User avatar
WestOzIron
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:33 am

Re: An "Average" Season

Post by WestOzIron » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:41 pm

Good Post!
But I am over being average. The club will sprout that this has been a good season when everything is taken into account.
It's crap.
We are an average team because we have an average squad.
What really gets my blood boiling is the lack of investment in our young players. By that I mean giving them a chance to see if they can eventually perform at the top level.
Bilic will play the 30 something journeymen before giving a kid 10 mins at the end of a game that is dead & buried.
Our weaknesses from last season that were not addressed (RB, Striker, lack of pace) have been magnified by the lack of a creative mid now that fatty frog has left. Yet all we did was bring in average players with some age to boot.
How many of our players would get into Chelsea or Man Shitty?? I reckon only 3 are good enough to possibly get on the bench, Lanz, Antonio & Reid.
A successful AFL coach down under once said "Aim for mediocrity & you might achieve mediocrity, Aim for the impossible & you just might achieve the impossible, at least you know you have had a crack".
For all their gas bagging our owners are very happy with average, cause that's what they are aiming for & their spending & lack of vision has us as an average club.
I can live with average, just don't bullshit me that Europe & titles are just around the corner!
0 x

User avatar
frogiron
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: An "Average" Season

Post by frogiron » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Pennywise wrote:It's been a tad negative on here recently and given some of the arguments and labels that we've been bang average, I thought I'd take a look at what is an average season for West Ham United.

So, I've taken our league positions for the last 10, 20, 30 and 40 years and taken the average. In the seasons where we lay in the 2nd tier, I have added the number of teams in the top division to the league position for that year. So, if we finished 7th in the old Div 2 in 1989/90, our corresponding league position for the average was 29 as there were 22 teams in the top flight. For the 2011-12 season, we finished 3rd in the Championship, so our average league position was 23 as there were 20 teams in the Prem that year.

Following? Excellent.

So, here are the results:

10 Year Average: 13.6
20 Year Average: 13.55
30 Year Average: 15.23
40 Year Average: 14.9

We are currently sitting 11th in the table, after last years over achievement, it's a little bit of a disappointment, granted. However, in terms of being West Ham, it's above average. This in a season that has seen us move into a new stadium, a move not without it's problems. It's also been a season that has seen us lose our best player. Yet, despite all that, we are still performing above what is our average.

Slav seems to be getting a bit of stick on here and I just don't get it at all. We've been relegated with better squads than this and in seasons where a lot less had been going on.

How's about cutting him and the team a bit of slack?
I think you'll find that if one calculates an average of those figures, it comes out at 14.32.

And I think that says everything you need to know.

Indeed, multiply that by 11 players and you get 157.52, which, divided by the number of teams in the Prem, is only 7.876.

That is truly shocking.

But, on a positive note, if you multiply that by the number of blocks of Haloumi in my fridge, you get 23.628.

And I think we can ALL stop the bickering and rally around that figure.
0 x
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

User avatar
Pennywise
Posts: 2086
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:04 am
x 1
x 61

Re: An "Average" Season

Post by Pennywise » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:06 pm

frogiron wrote:
Pennywise wrote:It's been a tad negative on here recently and given some of the arguments and labels that we've been bang average, I thought I'd take a look at what is an average season for West Ham United.

So, I've taken our league positions for the last 10, 20, 30 and 40 years and taken the average. In the seasons where we lay in the 2nd tier, I have added the number of teams in the top division to the league position for that year. So, if we finished 7th in the old Div 2 in 1989/90, our corresponding league position for the average was 29 as there were 22 teams in the top flight. For the 2011-12 season, we finished 3rd in the Championship, so our average league position was 23 as there were 20 teams in the Prem that year.

Following? Excellent.

So, here are the results:

10 Year Average: 13.6
20 Year Average: 13.55
30 Year Average: 15.23
40 Year Average: 14.9

We are currently sitting 11th in the table, after last years over achievement, it's a little bit of a disappointment, granted. However, in terms of being West Ham, it's above average. This in a season that has seen us move into a new stadium, a move not without it's problems. It's also been a season that has seen us lose our best player. Yet, despite all that, we are still performing above what is our average.

Slav seems to be getting a bit of stick on here and I just don't get it at all. We've been relegated with better squads than this and in seasons where a lot less had been going on.

How's about cutting him and the team a bit of slack?
I think you'll find that if one calculates an average of those figures, it comes out at 14.32.

And I think that says everything you need to know.

Indeed, multiply that by 11 players and you get 157.52, which, divided by the number of teams in the Prem, is only 7.876.

That is truly shocking.

But, on a positive note, if you multiply that by the number of blocks of Haloumi in my fridge, you get 23.628.

And I think we can ALL stop the bickering and rally around that figure.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You utter helmet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't have anywhere near enough Halomi in your fridge. That's the only truly shocking thing here.
0 x

User avatar
redhammer
Site Admin
Posts: 3846
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 7:25 pm
x 39
x 126
Contact:

Re: An "Average" Season

Post by redhammer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:21 pm

I had a pre season prediction of 9th and I still think that's where we will finish. I think people are frustrated but they are not sure where to aim it.

I have to agree, it's the lack of right back that's irritating a lot right now. This (Byram) shows what happens when you force a manager to put up with players he doesn't want/trust, he just won't play him or if he does, gives him very little leeway to make errors.

It's still a 'decent enough' season for us as far as am concerned but it's about the summer for me now, we have to get it right.

The only 'grump' I would have is we aren't experimenting, I wouldn't mind seeing Byram at RB, Fernandes, Ayew up top with Carroll, Masuaku, Quina off the bench, Nordveidt in Obiangs role. Give them a chance, it's how we discovered Antonio could cut it and Obiang has potential.
0 x

User avatar
frogiron
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: An "Average" Season

Post by frogiron » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Pennywise wrote:
frogiron wrote:
I think you'll find that if one calculates an average of those figures, it comes out at 14.32.

And I think that says everything you need to know.

Indeed, multiply that by 11 players and you get 157.52, which, divided by the number of teams in the Prem, is only 7.876.

That is truly shocking.

But, on a positive note, if you multiply that by the number of blocks of Haloumi in my fridge, you get 23.628.

And I think we can ALL stop the bickering and rally around that figure.
:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: You utter helmet. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

You don't have anywhere near enough Halomi in your fridge. That's the only truly shocking thing here.
Can't buy it here, sadly. I have to ask people to smuggle it in. I have to treat it like it's my fucking stash when i was a youth - kept well hidden from prying eyes.

French know nothing of cheese. They only have a few types:

Gooey stuff with thick white mould around it. It tastes of ammonia and sour milk.
Gooey stuff with thick orange mould around it. It tastes of ammonia and sour milk.
Hard yellow stuff that tries to be cheddar. It isn't. It tastes of cheddar, with ammonia and sour milk.
Hard yellow stuff that tries to be cheddar, with mould around the oustide. It tastes of cheddar, with ammonia and sour milk. And mould.
White stuff with mould inside it. It tastes of ammonia and sour milk. With lots of mould.
White stuff out of a goat. It tastes like goat. Fed with ammonia and sour milk

They boast they have 365 cheeses. They don't. They have six cheeses, with 365 names for the same shit.

In fact the only edible fucking cheese they make is Laughing Cow. That tastes like Dairylea. With a touch of ammonia and sour milk.
0 x
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

User avatar
Lyalls Cockney Kings
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:58 pm

Re: An "Average" Season

Post by Lyalls Cockney Kings » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Pennywise wrote:It's been a tad negative on here recently and given some of the arguments and labels that we've been bang average, I thought I'd take a look at what is an average season for West Ham United.

So, I've taken our league positions for the last 10, 20, 30 and 40 years and taken the average. In the seasons where we lay in the 2nd tier, I have added the number of teams in the top division to the league position for that year. So, if we finished 7th in the old Div 2 in 1989/90, our corresponding league position for the average was 29 as there were 22 teams in the top flight. For the 2011-12 season, we finished 3rd in the Championship, so our average league position was 23 as there were 20 teams in the Prem that year.

Following? Excellent.

So, here are the results:

10 Year Average: 13.6
20 Year Average: 13.55
30 Year Average: 15.23
40 Year Average: 14.9

We are currently sitting 11th in the table, after last years over achievement, it's a little bit of a disappointment, granted. However, in terms of being West Ham, it's above average. This in a season that has seen us move into a new stadium, a move not without it's problems. It's also been a season that has seen us lose our best player. Yet, despite all that, we are still performing above what is our average.

Slav seems to be getting a bit of stick on here and I just don't get it at all. We've been relegated with better squads than this and in seasons where a lot less had been going on.

How's about cutting him and the team a bit of slack?
I don't have a major problem with the team.

It is the club that this lot have killed.

Billy Bonds sums it up "This is not a football stadium".
0 x

User avatar
Pennywise
Posts: 2086
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:04 am
x 1
x 61

Re: An "Average" Season

Post by Pennywise » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:51 pm

frogiron wrote:
Pennywise wrote:
:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: You utter helmet. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

You don't have anywhere near enough Halomi in your fridge. That's the only truly shocking thing here.
Can't buy it here, sadly. I have to ask people to smuggle it in. I have to treat it like it's my fucking stash when i was a youth - kept well hidden from prying eyes.

French know nothing of cheese. They only have a few types:

Gooey stuff with thick white mould around it. It tastes of ammonia and sour milk.
Gooey stuff with thick orange mould around it. It tastes of ammonia and sour milk.
Hard yellow stuff that tries to be cheddar. It isn't. It tastes of cheddar, with ammonia and sour milk.
Hard yellow stuff that tries to be cheddar, with mould around the oustide. It tastes of cheddar, with ammonia and sour milk. And mould.
White stuff with mould inside it. It tastes of ammonia and sour milk. With lots of mould.
White stuff out of a goat. It tastes like goat. Fed with ammonia and sour milk

They boast they have 365 cheeses. They don't. They have six cheeses, with 365 names for the same shit.

In fact the only edible fucking cheese they make is Laughing Cow. That tastes like Dairylea. With a touch of ammonia and sour milk.
What a total bunch of complete wankers!!!

I have yet another reason to hate the french fucks.....no haloumi, for the love of God......WHY???

:lol: :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5321
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 248
x 473

Re: An "Average" Season

Post by Brookbonds73 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:05 pm

frogiron wrote:
Pennywise wrote:
:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: You utter helmet. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

You don't have anywhere near enough Halomi in your fridge. That's the only truly shocking thing here.
Can't buy it here, sadly. I have to ask people to smuggle it in. I have to treat it like it's my fucking stash when i was a youth - kept well hidden from prying eyes.

French know nothing of cheese. They only have a few types:

Gooey stuff with thick white mould around it. It tastes of ammonia and sour milk.
Gooey stuff with thick orange mould around it. It tastes of ammonia and sour milk.
Hard yellow stuff that tries to be cheddar. It isn't. It tastes of cheddar, with ammonia and sour milk.
Hard yellow stuff that tries to be cheddar, with mould around the oustide. It tastes of cheddar, with ammonia and sour milk. And mould.
White stuff with mould inside it. It tastes of ammonia and sour milk. With lots of mould.
White stuff out of a goat. It tastes like goat. Fed with ammonia and sour milk

They boast they have 365 cheeses. They don't. They have six cheeses, with 365 names for the same shit.

In fact the only edible fucking cheese they make is Laughing Cow. That tastes like Dairylea. With a touch of ammonia and sour milk.
Dirty no good French cunts, no fucking class those beret wearing up hill gardening cuntbags.
I have spoken.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Post Reply

Social Media