The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Chat about anything football related here!
jhammers

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Postby jhammers » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:12 pm

Giroud?! Why? We need pace and he has no pace at all!
1 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Newmarket wrote:
jhammers wrote:Beyond gutted that we didn't go for Sandro Ramirez

Mate , as you know , there are dozens of goalscorer s in various European Leagues that would be worth a punt at the price Sandro went for .
But that's what it would be . A punt .

Some work some don't but can you imagine the stick the club would get if it wasn't a success ?

Personally I like the Polish fella Teodsumfingorother at Anderlecht and the fella at Sampdoria whose name escapes me.

But what do I know ? I think Calleri's a good player ffs....

It's that release clause. £5m for a 21 year old scoring goals in one of Europe's elite leagues. Compare that to £8m for Nigerian lad from Belgium's 2nd division and Spanish lad from Middleborough who doesn't score or create goals, but he is fucking quick.
Makes you wonder what the fuck is going on.
Last edited by Neville Bartos on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:34 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Newmarket wrote:
jhammers wrote:Beyond gutted that we didn't go for Sandro Ramirez

Mate , as you know , there are dozens of goalscorer s in various European Leagues that would be worth a punt at the price Sandro went for .

Some work some don't but can you imagine the stick the club would get if it wasn't a success ?

Personally I like the Polish fella Teodsumfingorother at Anderlecht and the fella at Sampdoria whose name escapes me.

It's that release clause. £5m for a 21 yearly old scoring goals in one of Europe's elite leagues. Compare that to £8m for Nigerian lad from Belgium's 2nd division and Spanish lad from Middleborough who doesn't score or create goals, but he is fucking quick.

I agree totally Nev .
By the way who is the lad from the Belgian 2nd division ?
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
Newmarket wrote:Mate , as you know , there are dozens of goalscorer s in various European Leagues that would be worth a punt at the price Sandro went for .

It's that release clause. £5m for a 21 yearly old scoring goals in one of Europe's elite leagues. Compare that to £8m for Nigerian lad from Belgium's 2nd division and Spanish lad from Middleborough who doesn't score or create goals, but he is fucking quick.

I agree totally Nev .
By the way who is the lad from the Belgian 2nd division ?

Onyekuru wasn't it? Or was it the Dutch second division?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Newmarket wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

I agree totally Nev .
By the way who :oops: is the lad from the Belgian 2nd division ?

Oh sorry mate , crossed wires I think , he plays for Eupen mate , Belgian first division A
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I agree totally Nev .
By the way who :oops: is the lad from the Belgian 2nd division ?

Oh sorry mate , crossed wires I think , he plays for Eupen mate , Belgian first division A

Sorry mate. I'm still operating on an analogue league numbering system in a digital world. I should have said 'second tier' not division.
2 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:25 am

Well I'm waiting with baited breath for the Twittering from mini Sullivan that "Daddy is working very hard on our offer to Cristiano Ronaldo".

Surely our iconic transport links are an improvement on Manchester's tram system?
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:31 am

Whiskyman wrote:Well I'm waiting with baited breath for the Twittering from mini Sullivan that "Daddy is working very hard on our offer to Cristiano Ronaldo".

Surely our iconic transport links are an improvement on Manchester's tram system?

The Manchester tram system's pretty good actually so maybe Ronaldo may be a no-go but it's shit getting around in Liverpool, so I'm sure Lukaku may be on the dwarf's radar and twitter feed.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:43 am

palerider wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:Well I'm waiting with baited breath for the Twittering from mini Sullivan that "Daddy is working very hard on our offer to Cristiano Ronaldo".

The Manchester tram system's pretty good actually so maybe Ronaldo may be a no-go but it's shit getting around in Liverpool, so I'm sure Lukaku may be on the dwarf's radar and twitter feed.

I'm sure the Manchester tram system is an excellent form of public transportation. But surely not in the same echelon as our own iconic transport links.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:20 am

Whiskyman wrote:
palerider wrote:

I'm sure the Manchester tram system is an excellent form of public transportation. But surely not in the same echelon as our own iconic transport links.

What could be ?

But unlikely to tempt the arrogant one to London as he'd have to battle it out with Lukaku for a place in the starting X1.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Return to “Football Talk”