The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Chat about anything football related here!
Nibbles

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by Nibbles » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:34 am

Clayton wrote:Looks like we have given up on playing the waiting game with Sporting and put in a bid for Danilo Pereira of Porto .
Am getting just as fed up as you with these Carvalho negotiations. Not his fault of course, it's those get cunts at Sporting. Absolute wankers!

We should go all in for Pereira now! He would be just as good if not maybe a little better. He's appeared in 120 matches in Liga NOS, like Carvalho, but has scored more goals - 14 compared to Carvalho's 9. Plus he's a little cheaper!
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Nibbles wrote:
Clayton wrote:Looks like we have given up on playing the waiting game with Sporting and put in a bid for Danilo Pereira of Porto .
Am getting just as fed up as you with these Carvalho negotiations. Not his fault of course, it's those get cunts at Sporting. Absolute wankers!

We should go all in for Pereira now! He would be just as good if not maybe a little better. He's appeared in 120 matches in Liga NOS, like Carvalho, but has scored more goals - 14 compared to Carvalho's 9. Plus he's a little cheaper!
He also played in Serie A for Parma for 3 seasons and must have impressed as Juve have shown interest.
0 x
"Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?"

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Nibbles wrote:

He also played in Serie A for Parma for 3 seasons and must have impressed as Juve have shown interest.
I've had a butchers at various sites and most people who watch Portuguese footy agree Carvalho is a lot better.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Hammertime wrote:
I've had a butchers at various sites and most people who watch Portuguese footy agree Carvalho is a lot better.
He is exactly what we need! He will free up others in that Mid area who have had their hands tied for a while like Fernandes and Lanzini. Well not so much Lanzini but you know what i mean. So close to a deal.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

WHUindependent

Post by WHUindependent » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi everyone!
Started a new blog predominantly about West Ham, but sometimes about football in general!

Have a read of my first article "Man Utd Loss! Predictions for the season?"

Appreciate constructive criticism, thanks to anyone who visits!
whuindependent.wordpress.com

Also on twitter, @WHUindependent
0 x

Nibbles

Post by Nibbles » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:18 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
He is exactly what we need! He will free up others in that Mid area who have had their hands tied for a while like Fernandes and Lanzini. Well not so much Lanzini but you know what i mean. So close to a deal.
I really hope it comes off and we just pay them what they want now or like I said, go in with a substantial offer for Pereira. Would rather just be done with it.

Also, we are all talking about having no creativity when Lanzini isn't playing as we don't have a backup no. 10. Without paying silly money in the market for players who wouldn't come to us now or who we couldn't afford, why don't we go for that Croatian wonder kid who we were linked with last summer - Ante Coric. He's going to be the next Modric in my opinion but with a more offensive skill set. He's got great vision! Would cost us around £10m I reckon.
0 x

Grandad Hammer

Post by Grandad Hammer » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:54 pm

If Awobi does not play for Arsenal this weekend, we should put a crafty bid in for him, or loan. Big strong youngster, with skill and improvement. What do others think?
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:05 am

Newcastle pondering sensational swoop for Geordie West Ham striker Andy Carroll

The £130,000-a-week West Ham striker has emerged as an option for his old club with an emotional, season-long loan on the cards.

A hefty loan fee and his wages off the books for a season, tempting.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Hammerite

Post by Hammerite » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:43 am

Neville Bartos wrote:Newcastle pondering sensational swoop for Geordie West Ham striker Andy Carroll

The £130,000-a-week West Ham striker has emerged as an option for his old club with an emotional, season-long loan on the cards.

This would be ideal for us.

Newcastle would be paying Shandy Carroll's wages for us for the next 12 months while he is recovering from the injury he will get on his debut. :lol:
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:30 am

Neville Bartos wrote:Newcastle pondering sensational swoop for Geordie West Ham striker Andy Carroll

Sounds good to me.
0 x

Social Media