The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:28 am

Clayton wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:Newcastle pondering sensational swoop for Geordie West Ham striker Andy Carroll

The £130,000-a-week West Ham striker has emerged as an option for his old club with an emotional, season-long loan on the cards.

A hefty loan fee and his wages off the books for a season, tempting.
Sounds good to me.
A round trip from where I live to the ILS and then to St.James' Park is 886 miles.

The price of unleaded at my local Tesco is 112.9p per litre. There are 4.54609 litres to a gallon. My car averages 37 miles to the gallon, which would be 23.95 gallons worth of fuel. Or 108.86 litres. Which would cost me £122.90.

Money well spent.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:02 pm

If AC fucks off to Toon we'll make a move for Dembele or Giroud I reckon. I'm a bit perturbed by some reports saying that we're prepared to allow Obiang to leave if we get the right offer. That said I can still see Jack Wilshire being a West Ham player before the window shuts and I guess if Sully wants him, someone's gotta go - especially if big money Willy is on his way. Damn shame if we do lose Pedro, I'd much rather we farmed Noble out to a top 8 Championship club.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:If AC fucks off to Toon we'll make a move for Dembele or Giroud I reckon. I'm a bit perturbed by some reports saying that we're prepared to allow Obiang to leave if we get the right offer. That said I can still see Jack Wilshire being a West Ham player before the window shuts and I guess if Sully wants him, someone's gotta go - especially if big money Willy is on his way. Damn shame if we do lose Pedro, I'd much rather we farmed Noble out to a top 8 Championship club.
Dembele or Giroud lol , more like Crouch or we could go all out for Deeney , they are about the right age , though Giroud does fit the bill as far as age goes he would cost them to much.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:19 pm

So Bilic has come out in the Telegraph and said we aren't signing anymore defenders. “We have enough center backs in our team, if they stay fit of course,” he said. “What is it they say about quality, not quantity?”

Talk about burying your head in the sand!

We have a massive problem at CB - (even more so now Reid's out...yeah one game..alright then until the next time anyway) and Slav just refuses to acknowledge it. 7 goals in 2 games...Yeah, everything is just fucking peachy at the back ain't it Slav?
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:53 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:So Bilic has come out in the Telegraph and said we aren't signing anymore defenders. “We have enough center backs in our team, if they stay fit of course,” he said. “What is it they say about quality, not quantity?”

We have a massive problem at CB - (even more so now Reid's out...yeah one game..alright then until the next time anyway) and Slav just refuses to acknowledge it. 7 goals in 2 games...Yeah, everything is just fucking peachy at the back ain't it Slav?
It's the reticence to play Rice at CB I don't understand. Clearly in infinitely better form than Fonte or Ogbonna.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:So Bilic has come out in the Telegraph and said we aren't signing anymore defenders. “We have enough center backs in our team, if they stay fit of course,” he said. “What is it they say about quality, not quantity?”

It's the reticence to play Rice at CB I don't understand. Clearly in infinitely better form than Fonte or Ogbonna.
I like Rice, he looks a real talent. I'd happily forgo us buying a CB if he got a chance to play there. Couldn't hurt (Once Kouyate's back) to start him in central defence. If he struggles no biggie, just drop Kouyate back and move Rice back to DM alongside hopefully Carvalho, but considering Rice IS a CB I think he'd carry himself very well. I just don't think Slav has the vision to see it.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:10 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
I like Rice, he looks a real talent. I'd happily forgo us buying a CB if he got a chance to play there. Couldn't hurt (Once Kouyate's back) to start him in central defence. If he struggles no biggie, just drop Kouyate back and move Rice back to DM alongside hopefully Carvalho, but considering Rice IS a CB I think he'd carry himself very well. I just don't think Slav has the vision to see it.
I can see what you're both saying but I can see a pattern developing here .
Remember Oxford at Arsenal and the Oxford at Leicester ? Or was it Everton ? Everton I think ....
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

JayK

Post by JayK » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Newmarket wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Remember Oxford at Arsenal and the Oxford at Leicester ? Or was it Everton ? Everton I think ....
Everton. He was destroyed. And at Reading against Leeds.
I hope Rice is better though
0 x
COYI!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:36 pm

Carvalho will be signed up and ready to play gainst Newcastle. Thats my prediction !!
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Newmarket wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
There's always that. I'd hate to see the lad get slaughtered if he has a bad game - which he will at some point. But my honest opinion is Rice has more nous about him than Oxford did. Oxford will learn and improve no doubt but at the moment Rice just seems to me to be more mature and reads the game better. Future Hammers Captain, just you wait 'n see!
0 x

Social Media