The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm
x 70
x 213

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by BillyDWhizz » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Unmitigated disaster. Squad is barebones and and injury or two away from being disastrous. If I was Sully I'd go out and sign free agents Joe Ledley - not the best but always wears his heart on his sleeve, Mathieu Flamini - decent DMC cover and Jan Kirchoff - just to make up the numbers, all on short term deals.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 10644
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 571
x 361

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017pt

Post by Newmarket » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:05 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:Unmitigated disaster. Squad is barebones and and injury or two away from being disastrous. If I was Sully I'd go out and sign free agents Joe Ledley - not the best but always wears his heart on his sleeve, Mathieu Flamini - decent DMC cover and Jan Kirchoff - just to make up the numbers, all on short term deals.
Reluctantly I'd have to agree with you Bill .

We HAVE to have a semi decent defensive midfielder . No amount of attack attack attacking is going help Bilic now .

He knows he's a dead man walking after yesterday's fiasco so I expect to see plenty gung-ho attempts at winning the next few game 4-3 or 5-4 .

It's the only way he's going to keep his job even in the long term.
I still NEED to know which players the board offered him yesterday . It wouldn't surprise me if at least one of the above if not all 3 were amongst em .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
Oldun
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:59 pm
x 2
x 34

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by Oldun » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:30 pm

31st August 2017,the day that proved that we actually moved for nothing.
I never did take in the next level bollocks but I did expect better days.
I don't really care who's fault it is ,pro board will blame Slav ,pro Slav will blame the board.
All I know is that between them,these bunch of clowns has fucked up another opportunity to have happier days watching West Ham.
0 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 10644
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 571
x 361

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by Newmarket » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:10 pm

Oldun wrote:31st August 2017,the day that proved that we actually moved for nothing.
I never did take in the next level bollocks but I did expect better days.
I don't really care who's fault it is ,pro board will blame Slav ,pro Slav will blame the board.
All I know is that between them,these bunch of clowns has fucked up another opportunity to have happier days watching West Ham.
We can forget about better things for our club . This window they actually missed the opportunity to catch up with the ground we LOST by not building on Bilic's first season .

Fluke or not they had the chance to build on it and to make us a known name in Europe via the Europa league but blew it between them .

Sad days... :(
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 7798
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 257
x 646

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by palerider » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:13 pm

We can still sign out of contract players and Joleon Lescott's available.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Chicken Runner
Posts: 966
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:02 pm
x 1
x 39

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by Chicken Runner » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 pm

I'm not all gloom and doom about this situation.
There are all kinds of rumours flying around out there. I also don't think the Daves are that stupid to risk the ire of the fans for nothing.
My own theory is that it's possible after the abysmal 3-0 loss to Newcastle, who happened to be managed by none other than Benitez, the board decided to pull the plug on any signings wanted by Slav, and replace him in the next few weeks with you guessed it RB. They've not renewed his contract and have not backed him either so maybe they decided to move up there plan rather than wait. I wouldn't be surprised to see Slav gone in the next couple of weeks regardless of results and Rafa hired.
Of course that could be total bollox but we will find out one way or the other when the dust settles.
Just my 2 pence
0 x

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 5727
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 285
x 350

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by IronsForever » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 pm

If losing our next home game means we get RB then i am all for that.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm
x 70
x 213

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by BillyDWhizz » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:53 pm

IronsForever wrote:If losing our next home game means we get RB then i am all for that.
I'm not sure we'll have to wait that long, Benitez it looks like, is rapidly making his position untenable at Toon. I'd only be mildly surprised if he was our manager by this time next week.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 4210
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 289
x 287

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by Clayton » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Oldun wrote:31st August 2017,the day that proved that we actually moved for nothing.
I never did take in the next level bollocks but I did expect better days.
I don't really care who's fault it is ,pro board will blame Slav ,pro Slav will blame the board.
All I know is that between them,these bunch of clowns has fucked up another opportunity to have happier days watching West Ham.
We can forget about better things for our club . This window they actually missed the opportunity to catch up with the ground we LOST by not building on Bilic's first season .

Fluke or not they had the chance to build on it and to make us a known name in Europe via the Europa league but blew it between them .

Sad days... :(
Bilics 1st season ?, I think it was Payet that made the 1st season , stats dont lie mate .
0 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 10644
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 571
x 361

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by Newmarket » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Clayton wrote:
Newmarket wrote: We can forget about better things for our club . This window they actually missed the opportunity to catch up with the ground we LOST by not building on Bilic's first season .

Fluke or not they had the chance to build on it and to make us a known name in Europe via the Europa league but blew it between them .

Sad days... :(
Bilics 1st season ?, I think it was Payet that made the 1st season , stats dont lie mate .
Not disputing that Clay ... whoever or whatever was responsible for that season , be it a Bilic , Payet or pure unadulterated luck , THAT was the time to invest and to build and to show a bit of ambition .

Only they didn't , just like the club didn't invest in the team after 1985/86.
I know these 2 cunt bags weren't in charge then but so fucking what !!! I'm gonna blame em anyway ...

Cunts .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Post Reply

Social Media