The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:18 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:35 am
In other news.

We've opened talks with Bristol Rovers for 21 year-old left back Michael Kelly.

I know quite a few 'Gas' fans round my way and they reckon he's got a big future.
Diamonds can sometimes be found lower down the leagues. Dele Alli is a case in point. If Pellegrini/Husillos have checked him out and want him then great. Right age profile too.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:34 am

palerider wrote:
In other news.

I know quite a few 'Gas' fans round my way and they reckon he's got a big future.
Now that we have the right people steering the ship , we shouldnt worry about transfers from the lower divisions .
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Clayton wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:34 am
palerider wrote:
In other news.

Now that we have the right people steering the ship , we shouldnt worry about transfers from the lower divisions .
I would of thought they have been scouring the lower divisions for talent, it would be the cheaper option to bring in home grown talent to fill our quota, like Michael Kelly. Remember Silva was brought in for the U23s but because the right people are looking the step up to the first team doesn't take long with Mr P. Whoever they bring in I will be confident of their choices.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:36 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm
Clayton wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:34 am

I would of thought they have been scouring the lower divisions for talent, it would be the cheaper option to bring in home grown talent to fill our quota, like Michael Kelly. Remember Silva was brought in for the U23s but because the right people are looking the step up to the first team doesn't take long with Mr P. Whoever they bring in I will be confident of their choices.
Cheaper to bring in home grown talent? Not with the likes of Shelvey priced at £20 mill and Drinkwater at £35 mill it bloody well isn't. Home grown talent has always been priced at a premium and as Brexit, or not, approaches that premium could become a lot bigger.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:36 pm
andyginbrasil wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Cheaper to bring in home grown talent? Not with the likes of Shelvey priced at £20 mill and Drinkwater at £35 mill it bloody well isn't. Home grown talent has always been priced at a premium and as Brexit, or not, approaches that premium could become a lot bigger.
I said lower divisions....not the likes of Shelvey and Drinkwater already premiership players
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:13 pm

Where is this Premiership of which you speak ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 pm

Shelvy and drinkwater are not Pellegrini players. In Pellegrini we trust and no doubt next season he will address the midfield frailties. With Yarmelenko and Lanizi and Nasri , i have a good feeling about next season. The young Diangana and Silva with Holland waiting to get an opportunity.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:36 pm

I said lower divisions....not the likes of Shelvey and Drinkwater already premiership players
Jordan Hugill wasn't---he cost £10 million. I watched the second half and extra time of Blackburn v Newcastle tonight and there was a guy who came on for Blackburn called Bradley Dack. He missed a great chance at the end of the first extra time period and then missed his header completely in the second period. Looked generally pretty awful tbh. Saw his potential fee quoted around £15 million recently. Defenders I'll concede will be cheaper but clubs still pay over the odds for home grown players.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 pm
andyginbrasil wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Jordan Hugill wasn't---he cost £10 million. I watched the second half and extra time of Blackburn v Newcastle tonight and there was a guy who came on for Blackburn called Bradley Dack. He missed a great chance at the end of the first extra time period and then missed his header completely in the second period. Looked generally pretty awful tbh. Saw his potential fee quoted around £15 million recently. Defenders I'll concede will be cheaper but clubs still pay over the odds for home grown players.
But Hugil wasn't bought my Mr P and his team, but I am certainly with you on the dross on show, as for Bradlry Dack didn't some one on here mention that we were interested in him?.... :shock: :shock:
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:42 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:37 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 pm

But Hugil wasn't bought my Mr P and his team, but I am certainly with you on the dross on show, as for Bradlry Dack didn't some one on here mention that we were interested in him?.... :shock: :shock:

Not bought by the current management team but you can bet your life if they locate someone they want they'll have to pay the asking price to get him here. It may have been on here I read about Dack. Can't remember tbh.
0 x

Social Media