The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Chat about anything football related here!
jameskel

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by jameskel » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:38 am

The cynic in me, thinks we have blown our budget in the summer

Maja to come in, Arnie to go

Books balanced, just a bit

That's the cynic in me
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 am

jameskel wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:38 am
The cynic in me, thinks we have blown our budget in the summer

Maja to come in, Arnie to go

Books balanced, just a bit

That's the cynic in me
Maja has agreed to join Bordeaux James but I see where you're coming from.

Hugill will be recalled.

Like a new signing.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:11 am

what an odd choice of clubs??

But yes, you get my drift
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:51 am

After last night, what I'd do if I were the dwarf would be to sign Gary Cahill on an 18 month contract.

My cats are better than Ogbonna. Both of them.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:55 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:51 am
After last night, what I'd do if I were the dwarf would be to sign Gary Cahill on an 18 month contract.

Point taken about the performance but hopefully the days of signing players past their best are behind us. We certainly need reinforcements as our "second string" clearly are lacking but I'd sooner see another Balbuena or two come in than the likes of Cahill who, in any case, would be expensive because he's English and an international.

Tbh I don't think Cahill's all that these days anyway. ;) And there are people on this forum who speak highly of young Pask. I've never seen him but those who have seem to rate him. Now is possibly the time for Mr P to give one or two of the more promising kids a run so he can get an idea if they have got what it takes.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:07 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:55 am
palerider wrote:

Point taken about the performance but hopefully the days of signing players past their best are behind us. We certainly need reinforcements as our "second string" clearly are lacking but I'd sooner see another Balbuena or two come in than the likes of Cahill who, in any case, would be expensive because he's English and an international.

Tbh I don't think Cahill's all that these days anyway. ;) And there are people on this forum who speak highly of young Pask. I've never seen him but those who have seem to rate him. Now is possibly the time for Mr P to give one or two of the more promising kids a run so he can get an idea if they have got what it takes.
And I take your point about the expense of it but Ogbonna last night was three stages worse than awful.

If the laws of physics were developed to the extent that time travel was a reality I'd take Bilic (lovely man) back to the day he decided, 'That Tomkins. Let's offload him to Palace'.

And make him see the error of his ways.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:51 am

palerider wrote:

Come on Pale seriously ? , Gary Cahill , maybe before MP , but truly thought we were getting away from this type of deal , to old and well past his best .
In Husillo and MP we need to trust to find the players we require sooner have another Balbuena , mind you after yesterdays selection and system catastrophe I do have my doubts as far as MP goes :shock: .
We have all seen what happens to Ogbonna in the premiership when he has Masuaku next to him , and then the effect has a knock on effect in Diop . Maybe MP thought Masuaku should have been able to cope at Wimbledon's level . But who would have thought we would see the same result against the bottom team in League 1 , who only last week got beat at home 0-3 .
Masuaku must never play at LB again , his only redeeming talent is his ability to dribble past a player , but even then that is it as he has no final ball .
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:02 am

Clayton wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:51 am
palerider wrote:

Come on Pale seriously ? , Gary Cahill , maybe before MP , but truly thought we were getting away from this type of deal , to old and well past his best .
In Husillo and MP we need to trust to find the players we require sooner have another Balbuena , mind you after yesterdays selection and system catastrophe I do have my doubts as far as MP goes :shock: .
We have all seen what happens to Ogbonna in the premiership when he has Masuaku next to him , and then the effect has a knock on effect in Diop . Maybe MP thought Masuaku should have been able to cope at Wimbledon's level . But who would have thought we would see the same result against the bottom team in League 1 , who only last week got beat at home 0-3 .
Masuaku must never play at LB again , his only redeeming talent is his ability to dribble past a player , but even then that is it as he has no final ball .
Completely agree with you about Arthur Clay, but we need someone right now in the centre of defence who can do a short term job, even on loan.

Yes of course our 'team' will be working night and day to identify some cover, and I don't know when Balbuena will return. We found a diamond in him and if there are feelers out for another in the remaining 4 days all well and good.

But Cahill is experienced and knows the league. We could do much worse.

I don't know you mate, but I'm sure you'd have been at least as good as Ogbonna last night.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:24 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:02 am
Clayton wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:51 am

Completely agree with you about Arthur Clay, but we need someone right now in the centre of defence who can do a short term job, even on loan.

Yes of course our 'team' will be working night and day to identify some cover, and I don't know when Balbuena will return. We found a diamond in him and if there are feelers out for another in the remaining 4 days all well and good.

But Cahill is experienced and knows the league. We could do much worse.

I don't know you mate, but I'm sure you'd have been at least as good as Ogbonna last night.
Thanks Pale , but not sure I would have been as good as Ogbonna as a CB , but would have been better then him has far as mentality goes , but think I would have been better then Masuaku as I actually have a brain that works .
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:23 pm

A rumour has surfaced that we're about to sign Serena Williams.

At least there'll be someone with a set of bollocks at Wimbledon.

I'll get me coat.
1 x

Social Media