England

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: England

Postby Gonzo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:08 pm

I didn't watch and never do but it sounds like Groundhog day to me and until The Premier League control the England team it probably never will.

Rugby Union and Cricket on the other hand seem to be blooding young players successfully under the guidance of excellent foreign coaches and administration. County Cricket and the Aviva Premiership work hand in hand with the national bodies though so you don't get all of this bullshit that surrounds the England football team.

You have to feel sorry for those poor lads in the U20's who have decent technique but will undoubtedly find their path blocked by some dodgy tactics and a coach with a preference for steamboat willies and plodders in midfield . . . . . . . . . . . it has always been thus.
2 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:19 pm

Glad this was a friendly!... :roll: :D
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:18 am

Gonzo wrote:I didn't watch and never do but it sounds like Groundhog day to me and until The Premier League control the England team it probably never will.

Rugby Union and Cricket on the other hand seem to be blooding young players successfully under the guidance of excellent foreign coaches and administration. County Cricket and the Aviva Premiership work hand in hand with the national bodies though so you don't get all of this bullshit that surrounds the England football team.

You have to feel sorry for those poor lads in the U20's who have decent technique but will undoubtedly find their path blocked by some dodgy tactics and a coach with a preference for steamboat willies and plodders in midfield . . . . . . . . . . . it has always been thus.

Isn't it the case that in cricket and rugby the governing bodies have effective control because they are the organisations who hold the purse strings? Let's face it no one watches county cricket which would die a slow painful death if the counties weren't supported by the cricket board. And the cricket board make the bulk of their money from test matches.

The football clubs, on the other hand, generate far more money than the F A. and are therefore in a position of strength. The people who run cricket can tell Essex, for example, sorry you can't have Alistair Cook because he's playing for England. Imagine the scenario if the F A told Spurs they couldn't have Harry Kane and Dele Alli for half the season.

Could be a good subject for Bumbling Benny to do a video blog about though. ;)
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:57 am

Gonzo wrote:I didn't watch and never do but it sounds like Groundhog day to me and until The Premier League control the England team it probably never will.

You mean like a manager that would continually pick Noble overy Fernandes ?!
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Whiskyman wrote:

Isn't it the case that in cricket and rugby the governing bodies have effective control because they are the organisations who hold the purse strings? Let's face it no one watches county cricket which would die a slow painful death if the counties weren't supported by the cricket board. And the cricket board make the bulk of their money from test matches.

The football clubs, on the other hand, generate far more money than the F A. and are therefore in a position of strength. The people who run cricket can tell Essex, for example, sorry you can't have Alistair Cook because he's playing for England. Imagine the scenario if the F A told Spurs they couldn't have Harry Kane and Dele Alli for half the season.

Could be a good subject for Bumbling Benny to do a video blog about though. ;)

Exactly mate which is exactly why I'd like the Premier Lg to run the thing.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Porterman wrote:

I think one is as unlikely to represent England as the other (if that makes sense?)
0 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Porterman wrote:

I think one is as unlikely to represent England as the other (if that makes sense?)

i am genuinely amused.

Absolutely.
1 x

irishhammer

Postby irishhammer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 pm

LeeWHU88 wrote:It's so so poor.

It will never change, every manager plays the same way, every player freezes under pressure, there's something wrong within the England set up.

Look at the Spurs players in the team, Kane has scored in his last 2 games but overall, he hasn't got any where near the heights he has for them, Alli is the same, doesn't get in them dangerous positions enough like he does there, Dier started well for England, I thought he was our best player at the EURO's, but he's stagnated, Walker and Rose will beat a man for fun in a Spurs shirt, go to England and the 1st thing they want to do is cut back inside and release the ball to a CM. Why does every manager stiffle these players, we all see them do it for their clubs so why can't they do it on the main stage? The only player who always looks like he wants to play is Lallana, we miss him when he doesn't play, only 1 who actually looks like he's trying something.

They always seem scared to do anything risky, I don't know if the way the media destroy anyone who makes a mistake in an England shirt or whether in this day and age, they actually just don't give a fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if they all had the hump that these 2 games got in the way of their summer holidays.
its all about the premier and sky sports and guys like hoddle telling us players like alli and harry are up with the best in the world,i laugh when i read or hear scared,i am genuinely amused.these players are good premier players and thats all,we saw that at the euros champs league,all shit,look at the two young guys up front for france they are class and will both be solded for a 100m plus each.who will play midfield for england at the world cup ?
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:51 pm

irishhammer wrote:
LeeWHU88 wrote:It's so so poor.

It will never change, every manager plays the same way, every player freezes under pressure, there's something wrong within the England set up.

Look at the Spurs players in the team, Kane has scored in his last 2 games but overall, he hasn't got any where near the heights he has for them, Alli is the same, doesn't get in them dangerous positions enough like he does there, Dier started well for England, I thought he was our best player at the EURO's, but he's stagnated, Walker and Rose will beat a man for fun in a Spurs shirt, go to England and the 1st thing they want to do is cut back inside and release the ball to a CM. Why does every manager stiffle these players, we all see them do it for their clubs so why can't they do it on the main stage? The only player who always looks like he wants to play is Lallana, we miss him when he doesn't play, only 1 who actually looks like he's trying something.

They always seem scared to do anything risky, I don't know if the way the media destroy anyone who makes a mistake in an England shirt or whether in this day and age, they actually just don't give a fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if they all had the hump that these 2 games got in the way of their summer holidays.
its all about the premier and sky sports and guys like hoddle telling us players like alli and harry are up with the best in the world,i laugh when i read or hear scared,i am genuinely amused.these players are good premier players and thats all,we saw that at the euros champs league,all shit,look at the two young guys up front for france they are class and will both be solded for a 100m plus each.who will play midfield for england at the world cup ?

Good points there. Our media do tend to big up English players. Think of all the recent hype about Rooney ffs. And go back to the start of the season when Guardiola ditched Joe Hart. Anyone would think he'd committed high treason the way the pundits were carrying on.
2 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Under 21s need to beat Slovakia or they won't be bucking the trend as the under 20s did.
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

Return to “Football Talk”