Let's discuss...(last episode up)

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Let's discuss...(last episode up)

Postby redhammer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:31 am

Our summer video series, filmed a few of them at weekend which will go up every 3 nights or so for a couple of weeks. Second one should be up on Friday evening!

Here is the first one, topic is 'Fringe Players' as I char to Athers32 and Bigfacemike about Feghouli, Snodgrass and Nordtveit

You can send a clip of 60-90secs of your own opinion to gonzohammerschat@gmail.com

First episode - the fringe players

Second episode- the keepers

Third episode - the stadium

Fourth episode - James Collins

Fifth episode - Slaven Bilic

sixth and last - Mark Noble

2 x

ToneLoc

Re: Let's discuss...

Postby ToneLoc » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Excellent stuff chaps. Really good.

Agree that H.N is worth another season but MUST be played in his optimum position as discussed.
I'm on the fence with Feghouli and wouldn't be too fussed whether he stays or goes.
Snodgrass can do one as far as i'm concerned.
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

Ulsterhammer

Postby Ulsterhammer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:50 pm

I would give nord another chance but can only be played in my position and wouldn't be a starter yet, feg is no question a keeper for me, lack sense consistency but has quality in here for or sure, hard time to join us last year with team in general playing poorly from start and the move and uncertainty with that.

Snodgrass was an awful buy and adds nothing, cut our losses and get what we can and invest money elsewhere
0 x
Be careful what you wish for

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:52 pm

Cant argue with any of that.Certainly cant hold Nords Liverpool performance against him, all were poor, and most players played in their preferred position have bad days. Add the good one against the bad and hes a keep. And he can pass a ball.

Iron Balls, well i dont care either way. Snoddy playing like noddy can go though.
0 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Can't disagree with any of that chaps, valid points all round.
Bravo fellas.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Postby JayK » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:23 pm

Good chat chaps.

Agree, give the 1st 2 another chance and wave goodbye to snoddy. I think Nordveit might go though
0 x
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Get rid of all of em .
Can't forgive Nordshite for the Spuds away fiasco or his leisurely stroll vs the victims .

Feghoulie :i am genuinely amused:

And Snotgrass is a waste of space . Played like a cunt cos he was seperated from his family .
Ahhh diddums.
0 x

HammerJammer

Postby HammerJammer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 pm

I like Feghouli.
An enterprising, inventive player who seems highly motivated to do well for us.
1 x
Click here and enter 1491 to block the TottenScum Troll

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:30 am

I think Feghouli has the most upside of these players and Snodgrass the least. Love the point of how slow the Scot is (Robert not Geo!!!) He slows down every attack that goes through him, even if he eventually finds a pass, he allows defenses to get back in shape as he is unable to beat anyone for pace.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:40 am

Don't think we've seen the best of Feghouli and Nordtveit generally hasn't been played in his best position. Obviously Feghouli suffers because he basically plays in the Antonio position and Antonio is better but he showed when he was at Valencia that he is more than capable of decent performances. Similarly with Nordtveit at Monchengladbach. Why bring a player in, presumably because we've seen something we like, and then play him in a role he isn't accustomed to?

I'd basically keep both of them, unless of course we can bring in better. But imo we should only be looking to bring in players who can go straight into the side to improve it. Which would mean others dropping down into the fringe roles. If that happens then get rid but otherwise keep them on the books and let them do a job for us.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Return to “Football Talk”