Let's discuss...(3rd episode added)

Chat about anything football related here!
JustLikeMyDreams

Re: Let's discuss...

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Nice one lads!
I am still hoping Snoddy comes good!Truthly :o
Fegouli has his moments but no where near enough of them at present!Lets hope that now he has had a season to settle into the squad,we get more end product!
Nordvet is a defensive midfield player and that's where he needs to play if he gets a chance!
We all had high expectations ahead of our first season at the LS,last pre season!I reckon most relise now,that we're not going to be in the market for messi this pre season!
It should be interesting to see who comes in to complement the decent signing of Zaba.
0 x

Jacko1966

Postby Jacko1966 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:05 pm

I've tried really hard to like Feghouli but he seems so ineffective so often. The one game when I (and my son) thought "Bloody hell, he's on it today" was at home to the red Mancs. He only played 15 mins before Phil 'Give me The Oscar' Jones got him sent off but he was outstanding in that 15 minutes.

I hoped we'd see more of the same when he returned but it just didn't seem to happen.

Nordveidt looks perfectly ok played in position, but who would we leave out?

Snodgrass? Play him on the left once or twice and I'll be able to judge.

If I'm honest I wouldn't be desperately upset if we let all three go, although I'm sure they have something to offer as squad players.

Edit: I've just read that Snodgrass prefers playing on the right.
1. We have better players there.
2. When you did play there you were shite.
1 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Episode 2 is on the keepers as Tom & Danny discuss whether we are okay to rely on Adrian and Randolph or if we making a mistake by not making any moves in the transfer market

3 x

Chicken Runner

Re: Let's discuss...(2nd episode added)

Postby Chicken Runner » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:43 am

Excellent show chaps... goodpost:)
Have to agree with pretty much everything said there. I think it's imperative that we get a #1 goalie or as Tom says...it's gonna cost us 10/12 points next season. When your full backs do not have confidence in the goalie, it puts the whole defence at risk, thereby weakening the whole team.
Cummon board, we're counting on you to get it right this time.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:06 am

Watched it for 3 minutes until somebody mentioned Joe Hart. As an improvement on Adrian. FFS.

10 points apparently keepers cost us. I'd probably agree with that. Randolph at Spurs (3), at Liverpool (2), home to West Brom (2). There's 7 without really thinking. But then the bloke starts talking about Joe Fucking Hart.

Jesus H Christ mate try watching the Italian football roundup before you start talking about that bloke being in our goal next season.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

garnett

Postby garnett » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:59 am

Oh dear, I really wonder sometimes,
We have a number 1 keeper Adrian, yes he makes mistakes and yes he costs us points, but so has every other goalkeeper who has put a No1 jersey on.
Tom believes he is only Championship quality, who isn't better than Shaka Hislop, come on Tom very short memory, Hammer of the Year runner up 2 season's running, Tom want 's a world class keeper, nothing wrong with that except there are probably only half a dozen in the world who fit's the bill, Begovic isn't one of them and the rest are playing in world class team's, which we are not.
I do think sometimes we can put ourselves on a pedestal we don't belong on........yet.

I'm also with Whisky, which is why I didn't mention his a name.
1 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Good chat fellas and lots of good points. Not Joe Hart though, please.
0 x
COYI!!!

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Just my opinion!But the keeping this year has not been good enough!Its such an important position.A goal keeper on form and making few mistakes breathes confidence through the whole team.
We have not had that this year and it's shown!How long do you wait for too see if a keeper can regain his mojo?
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:13 am

Upgrade keeper next summer please . All funds towards TWO goal scorers NOW please.
1 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Episode 3 is with Nik & Tom as they Chat about the London Stadium after its first season

1 x

Return to “Football Talk”