Let's discuss...(last episode up)

Chat about anything football related here!
cockneyhammer

Re: Let's discuss...(3rd episode added)

Postby cockneyhammer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:58 pm

thanks chaps could not disagree with any of that would love to see hart as our no1 geo is a natural at interviewing well done
0 x

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:55 pm

With regards to the stadium I definitely found myself agreeing with Nik. It's all too easy to be stubborn and not adapt to the move, me and my mates have got our own routine now of going to the pub in Stratford then a 10 minute walk (if that) to the stadium and it's a very similar crowd to the pubs at Upton Park. There's definitely stuff in and around the stadium that needs improving like the food etc. I did hear that apparently the drinks in the stadium are considerably cheaper before the match (haven't checked it out for myself yet though).
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:15 am

Good summary re: the first season in the L.S.
Dogged with problems and broken promises but certainly improved later on and nice to hear some positivity going into next season.
I maintained it will take 5 years and still think that.

The gut-wrencher for me now is seeing it dismantled for the fucking athletics. I just hope that everything and more is reassembled in good time for Huddersfield.
0 x
I suppose that now isn't the best time to ask... "who was Keyser Soze?"

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:40 am

Another interesting discussion from the lads!
It's our new home and we need to get used to it!
Now people are getting there matchday routines in place,it will start becoming more enjoyable!
It is a costly hobbie as we all know!If you can afford to go every week you do,if you don't have the spare cash then you cannot.
Hopefully the atmosphere will improve with people understanding the best sections to accommodate,to suit there needs.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:41 am

One really good point there was that a key element is COMMUNICATION.

One of the blokes said next season will be OK "if the people who have renewed already are told they will now be in a singing area, but if they haven't we'll see the same problems again".

He's spot on. I wonder if the lessons have been learned.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:37 am

Couple of controversial opinions on this one but anyway, here it is, let's Discuss - James Collins.

At the time of recording, social media we're debating if he should be handed a testimonial, some even suggested he should be sold as we were linked with Smalling, so I decided to ask a couple of forum members each question!!

1 x

Whiskyman

Re: Let's discuss...(4th episode added today 2/7/17)

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:23 am

Can't believe some people are saying we should sell him. One of the stand out players towards the end of the season and, as said, will always put in a shift. To say we should get rid just to make room for Reece Burke, who last season only managed 10 games in a team relegated from the Championship, just in case Burke might make the grade doesn't make sense to me. Let's ask ourselves this. Even if Collins isn't a regular next season and we have an injury problem in the centre of defence who would we rather see filling the spot for a few games, Collins or Burke?

Hopefully Burke might have a decent season at Bolton and develop into a PL player. But get rid of Collins just to make room for him. No way.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Absolute "no" for me regarding selling Collins.
Given the sheer volume of injuries that we succumb to year in year out, given that Collins demonstrated last season that he's content (or at least won't throw a hissy fit) to sit and wait for his chance, given that he's "West Ham", given that he's not on a budget-busting salary and given the level of performance he produced when called upon last season.....for me it's a no-brainer.
Ginge to stay put for another season.
1 x
I suppose that now isn't the best time to ask... "who was Keyser Soze?"

cockneyhammer

Postby cockneyhammer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:22 pm

keep collins for me also would like him to be given a testimonial and a place on the coaching staff thanks chaps great watch as usual
0 x

Tommy86

Postby Tommy86 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Agree with Charlie, I' would have, but very reluctantly let him go at the start of the window in hope that Burke, Oxford or Rice would've been given more of a chance. I suppose now with Oxford going on loan and Burke looking like he may follow, we're left with no option.
Definitely agree he deserves a testimonial though! What a bloke!
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”