Iceland

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

Re: Iceland

Postby Taansend » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:29 am

BillyDWhizz wrote:Iceland. NINE QUID A PINT!! Although TBF we did find a happy hour at the Hilton where it was about £3 a pint from 4pm-7pm (ish) dunno if they still do it, been a couple of years since I went. The Micro Bar's good as is Mikkeller & Friends but you will pay through the nose there. Eating out ain't cheap either, expect £100 easily for 2 of you dining out at a decentish restaurant.

My bird is Asian/Oriental so hates paying money for food we could do ourself.

So it will be happy hour beer & supermarket food for us :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:35 am

I flew Wow to Blighty last year with a stop over in Rekjavik and it weren't half bad!
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Taansend wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:Iceland. NINE QUID A PINT!! Although TBF we did find a happy hour at the Hilton where it was about £3 a pint from 4pm-7pm (ish) dunno if they still do it, been a couple of years since I went. The Micro Bar's good as is Mikkeller & Friends but you will pay through the nose there. Eating out ain't cheap either, expect £100 easily for 2 of you dining out at a decentish restaurant.

My bird is Asian/Oriental so hates paying money for food we could do ourself.

So it will be happy hour beer & supermarket food for us :i am genuinely amused:

The fuckin' supermarkets weren't much cheaper! However, Iceland is a spectacular place and I'd recommend everyone visit even if it is just once. I'm sure if you get in with the locals (most of whom are really friendly) they'd show you the places to go where you don't need a Bill Gates type credit limit on yer Visa card to shop, eat and drink.
1 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

JayK

Postby JayK » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 pm

My mum went there once. No sign of Kerry Katona though
2 x
COYI!!!

h69

Postby h69 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:46 pm

redhammer wrote:I'd have bought your ticket if I lived there. A week before the season starts, is it my being cynical or anyone else think they don't want fans going out, due to the mess in Germany last time?

Just feels like German games have been announced late as possible and then this one is a week before the premier league gets under way.

The above doesnt make a lot of sense since we are playing in Germany in 6 weeks time....plenty of time to get sorted.

Given this game is v Man City....Its just another game on the Premier league tour attempt for World saturation.....its about marketing the PL....simple as. Most established PL teams do this and its nothing to do with preparation.

We always play our hardest pre season game 1 week prior tgo the season but cant play at home this year due to the Athletics.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:30 pm

And nobody could be blamed for thinking that Citeh were allowed to handpick their opponents for this fixture....
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:05 am

h69 wrote:[

Given this game is v Man City....Its just another game on the Premier league tour attempt for World saturation.....its about marketing the PL....simple as. Most established PL teams do this and its nothing to do with preparation.

I wonder what marketing genius decided to 'saturate' a country with a population of only 330 000..... ;) ;) ;)
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 am

Oziron wrote:
h69 wrote:[

I wonder what marketing genius decided to 'saturate' a country with a population of only 330 000..... ;) ;) ;)

One game, a new broadcasting deal in Iceland for more money now that they did well in the Euros, new sponsorship deals....the money rolls in. Seems obvious to me.
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Another view is that Iceland are very actively pushing tourism in their country which is why a ticket via there is 50% less than a direct flight to London.
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:44 pm

The good news.

I've booked flights back to London with 36 hours in Reykjavik.

The bad news.

The flights for the game was too expensive so I'll be there two weeks after that :i am genuinely amused:

Hopefully the Old Man can hang on. He was rushed to hospital again yesterday. But the NHS have given him some jelly so he should be ok for now.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”