Whats good seats

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Whats good seats

Postby redhammer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Tomslade wrote:Hi
First time posting. I have similar questions to Op so I hope you don't mind me hi jacking this thread. Am looking for advice on getting to see a match

I am planning a birthday weekend trip to London for my Dad. Since moving up north 30 years ago he's not had a chance to see West Ham play. I would like to organise a hammers themed trip for him plus see a match. Home match closest to his bday is Brightion in October.
How easy is it to get tickets? Where is a good place to stay? And is there any thing I should take into account as he is in his late 70's and would be unable to stand for a whole match.
Many thank s for any advice given.

It depends how we are playing, if it's like last season I'd expect you to get tickets no issues but if we playing like Bilic first then it'll be a little trickier, but again I can't see why you'd struggle too much.

As for your 'where to go' issue then perhaps avoid the stands behind the goals and corners (lower tiers only) and the top part of the upper tiers as the stairs can be a trek. I would advise email TO nearer the game.

Unless someone on here has STs and aren't going that will be suitable for you!

Welcome to the forum anyway mate.
0 x

HamstasParadise

Postby HamstasParadise » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Downunda
Given that you are looking at agency sites, I guess you aren't too bothered about the cost. In which case it will be worth you splashing out in a Claret membership each when they are available in the next few weeks, cost will probably be £40 each. Hopefully you have family in the Uk you can use for the address to get your access card delivered. The membership will allow you to buy tickets prior to them going on general sale. You' ll have no problem getting tickets for Huddersfield or Swansea there will be lots of returns on the Ticket Exchange as well as the 3000 or so match day tickets on sale from the club. The Spuds game may be tougher but if you go online for tickets the minute they go on sale to members you should be ok. Or better still go to the Ticket office in person if you are here by then. I suspect that the Spuds game will get moved for the TV and that usually means a few more Season Ticket holders don't attend and put tickets back on the Exchange.

Tomslade
Some of the same may apply to you. I think tickets for Brighton game will be fairly popular given the geographical nearness, and may not reach general sale except a few scraps on the Ticket exchange. As a minimum register both you and your dad on the online ticketing site (links on whufc.com tickets pages). And consider getting memberships even though it is for just one game. I'm not best placed to recommend local hotels near the ground. The Tower overlooking Tower Bridge by St Katherine's Dock might be nice as its a special occasion, a bit pricey, but in easy reach of West Ham by tube. A nice outlook onto the river and Tower Bridge at night. Hopefully other forum members will recommend other hotels.

Both - keep in touch on here and on the tickets thread http://hammerschat.com/viewforum.php?f=19 and someone may help you out. I may be able to help downunda with one of Huddersfield or Swansea, but not Spuds (obvs) nor the Brighton game, as I live near there and know many Seagulls supporters and will travel up with them.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:35 pm

downunda wrote:Thanks for the info. The games I am interested in are the home games against Huddersfield, Spurs and Swansea.

As soon as the fixtures were announced I sent an email request to the West Ham ticket office for two tickets for each game (had no response as yet).

We have not attended a game since 1980, and due to my age and location I expect these games to be our last.

This has made me a bit paranoid about making the trip and missing out on these games, especially the spuds game. This is the reason why I have been looking at the agency sites. To be able to sleep at night between now and September I am keen to have the tickets sorted as soon as possible. Any further info would be very much appreciated.

Spuds game will be by far the most limited of those 3 games obviously. Huddersfield will be quite tricky as it's the first home game and fans will have waited a long time since the last home game in May.

As mentioned, last season wasn't too difficult to get tickets. There the Ticket Exchange of course.
And maybe it wouldn't hurt to post on the ticket forum on here even now as there may be some folks who already know some games they can't make.
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

pingpong91

Postby pingpong91 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:41 am

downunda wrote:Thanks for the info. The games I am interested in are the home games against Huddersfield, Spurs and Swansea.

As soon as the fixtures were announced I sent an email request to the West Ham ticket office for two tickets for each game (had no response as yet).

We have not attended a game since 1980, and due to my age and location I expect these games to be our last.

This has made me a bit paranoid about making the trip and missing out on these games, especially the spuds game. This is the reason why I have been looking at the agency sites. To be able to sleep at night between now and September I am keen to have the tickets sorted as soon as possible. Any further info would be very much appreciated.

I have 3 Huddersfield tickets if you need - you seem genuine enough. only want face value £20 each. problem is you have mentioned your age and stuff and I am conscious you may struggle as I am up in the bleachers. views is still good. a few stairs up though.
0 x
Fortunes always hiding

downunda

Postby downunda » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:15 pm

pingpong91 wrote:

I have 3 Huddersfield tickets if you need - you seem genuine enough. only want face value £20 each. problem is you have mentioned your age and stuff and I am conscious you may struggle as I am up in the bleachers. views is still good. a few stairs up though.

Thanks for the offer, sorry if I have given the wrong impression but I we are basically in good health and would have no problems with the stairs. We have just retired and know this will be our last trip to UK and chance to see West Ham Live.

We would only need two tickets but I will private message you to make further arrangements.
0 x
Yahoo :P :P :P got my tickets for the spuds game :P :P :P

Return to “Football Talk”