Whats good seats

Chat about anything football related here!
downunda

Whats good seats

Postby downunda » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:57 am

Me and the misses are just planning the once in a life time trip from Oz back to ol’ Blighty, and obviously the most important part of the trip is to see as many hammers games as we can. There are a number of sites selling tickets with a range of seating areas and prices but I have no idea what will be best for atmosphere and view, any feedback would be much appreciated.
0 x

Jacko1966

Re: Whats good seats

Postby Jacko1966 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 am

downunda wrote:Me and the misses are just planning the once in a life time trip from Oz back to ol’ Blighty, and obviously the most important part of the trip is to see as many hammers games as we can. There are a number of sites selling tickets with a range of seating areas and prices but I have no idea what will be best for atmosphere and view, any feedback would be much appreciated.

I'm in BML. We stand all through game and there's a good bit of singing (though not the best, I have to admit). Stewards leave us alone to get on with it.
0 x

HamstasParadise

Postby HamstasParadise » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:21 am

When are you coming and what fixtures does it cover. It would be a shame to pay inflated agency/tout prices, when there is likely to be someone on here with a pair of Season Tickets who cannot go to those games.

See http://www.whufc.com/tickets/ticketforwarding. The person receiving the ticket just needs a free account on the eTicketing site and then pays £1.25 for the ticket. I haven't used this but it sounds handy.

That may not be so helpful if you want to sit in a specific area, but I thought it worth mentioning.
1 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:55 am

As above mate, don't use an agency, I was able to get tickets for any game last season easily for people, some at half the price of face value the night before etc.

Obvs if we playing well and winning, the demand will increase but id be surprised if you still had to go via a 3rd party site mate
0 x

belfasthammer

Postby belfasthammer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:25 am

As a non season ticket fan I have found a significantly better view on tier 1 rather than 2
0 x

Pennywise

Postby Pennywise » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:45 am

You won't have a bad view, no matter where you are, I'd say it all depends on what type of atmosphere you're after.
0 x

jameskel

Postby jameskel » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:48 pm

On this years performance's, Wembley or The Emirates
1 x
Taans can fuck right off

Tomslade

Postby Tomslade » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi
First time posting. I have similar questions to Op so I hope you don't mind me hi jacking this thread. Am looking for advice on getting to see a match

I am planning a birthday weekend trip to London for my Dad. Since moving up north 30 years ago he's not had a chance to see West Ham play. I would like to organise a hammers themed trip for him plus see a match. Home match closest to his bday is Brightion in October.
How easy is it to get tickets? Where is a good place to stay? And is there any thing I should take into account as he is in his late 70's and would be unable to stand for a whole match.
Many thank s for any advice given.
0 x

downunda

Postby downunda » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks for the info. The games I am interested in are the home games against Huddersfield, Spurs and Swansea.

As soon as the fixtures were announced I sent an email request to the West Ham ticket office for two tickets for each game (had no response as yet).

We have not attended a game since 1980, and due to my age and location I expect these games to be our last.

This has made me a bit paranoid about making the trip and missing out on these games, especially the spuds game. This is the reason why I have been looking at the agency sites. To be able to sleep at night between now and September I am keen to have the tickets sorted as soon as possible. Any further info would be very much appreciated.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:08 pm

downunda wrote:Thanks for the info. The games I am interested in are the home games against Huddersfield, Spurs and Swansea.

As soon as the fixtures were announced I sent an email request to the West Ham ticket office for two tickets for each game (had no response as yet).

We have not attended a game since 1980, and due to my age and location I expect these games to be our last.

This has made me a bit paranoid about making the trip and missing out on these games, especially the spuds game. This is the reason why I have been looking at the agency sites. To be able to sleep at night between now and September I am keen to have the tickets sorted as soon as possible. Any further info would be very much appreciated.

I can kinda understand your pickle more now to be honest mate, I guess if it is one great last hurrah then I too would want to make sure it was sealed and delivered. The club won't reply yet due to the season tickets being sorted plus they won't be 100% sure what capacity will be etc
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”