Adama Traore

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Adama Traore

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:08 pm

This has GOT to be a fucking wind up?
Please.
http://www.claretandhugh.info/bookies-s ... -west-ham/
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

bigfacemike

Re: Adama Traore

Postby bigfacemike » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:30 pm

ToneLoc wrote:This has GOT to be a fucking wind up?
Please.

:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

No mate, we need him. We are seriously understocked in right wingers. Need at least another two.
In other news, the seating at the London Stadium needs to be further from the pitch....
4 x

SoggyOggy

Postby SoggyOggy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:36 pm

I think he could make a decent RWB or possibly RB similar to Moses at Chelsea. His crossing is piss poor however but hopefully he can improve. I struggle to see many wingers beating him for pace and if they did beat him with skill he could definitely recover with his speed. Honestly think he would be a better RWB than Byram.
0 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Oh the joys of the transfer window. If we needed another winger, which we don't, but if we did, but we don't, we should go for Amrabat from Watford...just saying.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 pm

SoggyOggy wrote:I think he could make a decent RWB or possibly RB similar to Moses at Chelsea. His crossing is piss poor however but hopefully he can improve. I struggle to see many wingers beating him for pace and if they did beat him with skill he could definitely recover with his speed. Honestly think he would be a better RWB than Byram.

He's all pace and no product. He may well get better but we need players who will improve the squad this season not 3 years down the line. Completely pointless signing him especially since it looks like Feghouli ain't going anywhere, we are stuck with Snodgrass and Antonio is our numero uno RW/RWB anyway. Unless of course Bilic wants to play another game of square pegs in round holes this season. Perhaps the idea with Traore will be to play him at sweeper!
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

SoggyOggy

Postby SoggyOggy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:15 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
SoggyOggy wrote:I think he could make a decent RWB or possibly RB similar to Moses at Chelsea. His crossing is piss poor however but hopefully he can improve. I struggle to see many wingers beating him for pace and if they did beat him with skill he could definitely recover with his speed. Honestly think he would be a better RWB than Byram.

He's all pace and no product. He may well get better but we need players who will improve the squad this season not 3 years down the line. Completely pointless signing him especially since it looks like Feghouli ain't going anywhere, we are stuck with Snodgrass and Antonio is our numero uno RW/RWB anyway. Unless of course Bilic wants to play another game of square pegs in round holes this season. Perhaps the idea with Traore will be to play him at sweeper!

I never want to see Antonio at RWB again he is our top scorer ffs. He needs to play as either a winger or forward. I wouldn't mind the signing of Traore tbh he can only get better and I'm sure as any good professional player would he is working on his weakness. He breezes past players like they arent there. We desperately lack pace and its clear he has pace to burn. He would make a decent impact sub against tired defences.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:51 pm

SoggyOggy wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:

I never want to see Antonio at RWB again he is our top scorer ffs. He needs to play as either a winger or forward. I wouldn't mind the signing of Traore tbh he can only get better and I'm sure as any good professional player would he is working on his weakness. He breezes past players like they arent there. We desperately lack pace and its clear he has pace to burn. He would make a decent impact sub against tired defences.

Tbf Antonio's actually scored more and created more assists at RWB than he has at RW. But if we're going to a back 4 again next season I just can't see a place for Traore when, as I say, we have so many RW's anyway. For the life of me I can't see him playing RWB either since he's never set foot in that position in his life - that's just asking for trouble.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:02 pm

bigfacemike wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:This has GOT to be a fucking wind up?
Please.

:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

No mate, we need him. We are seriously understocked in right wingers. Need at least another two.
In other news, the seating at the London Stadium needs to be further from the pitch....

I agree mate. We're far too close to the pitch.
I spent £100 on a fine pair of binoculars that i've barely had a chance to use FFS :x
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

SoggyOggy

Postby SoggyOggy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:44 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
SoggyOggy wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:

Tbf Antonio's actually scored more and created more assists at RWB than he has at RW. But if we're going to a back 4 again next season I just can't see a place for Traore when, as I say, we have so many RW's anyway. For the life of me I can't see him playing RWB either since he's never set foot in that position in his life - that's just asking for trouble.

You do have a point about him never playing rwb before but neither had Moses or Valencia at some point in their careers and they were two of the best fullbacks/wingbacks in the prem last season. It could work or it could go horribly wrong.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Can only echo some of the thoughts already on here, it's not a transfer that I think is fantastic, plenty pace and can go by his man which will add excitement I guess but his end ball has been a bit shit.

8m, much rather punt on Onyekuru.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”