Adama Traore

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Adama Traore

Postby Towie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:51 pm

Nope, not for me.
The player has been relegated the last two seasons and was not even the stand out player for those relegated clubs.
Fast as fuck with no end product.
2 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:00 pm

A typical signing from "them".
A position not needed and nowhere near good enough to even threaten a place on the bench imo.

Fucking 2 bob if true........ (story seems to be gaining moment)
http://readwestham.com/2017/06/16/west- ... ms-traore/
1 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

Broga81

Postby Broga81 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Lots of pace with no end product....Doesn't this sound like someone else who developed into one of our best players and won hammer of the year this year?
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:52 pm

When we beat Boro at Boro this guy ripped through us many times.I remember when he took 5 of our players in in one short burst and said to myself " who the heck is this guy". He also can play left wing effectively. I liked this guy then and am quite pleased if we sign him. 21 years old, bags of pace, haven't we been asking for more pace? We are not going to get the big players in i am genuinely amused . I do agree in that his doesn't have an end product yet but at 21 the coaching staff can work on that. I think Ayew and Antonio will bounce off this guy.

1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Towie wrote:Nope, not for me.
The player has been relegated the last two seasons and was not even the stand out player for those relegated clubs.
Fast as fuck with no end product.

Sounds like an England player from 3 seasons back, now playing for Man City.
If we could develop his end product and refine him slightly he could turn out to be the bargain of the century at 21. If not he will be a squad player. No Biggee :)
Last edited by IronsForever on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:01 pm

IronsForever wrote:When we beat Boro at Boro this guy ripped through us many times. he can play left wing effectively. I liked this guy then and am quite pleased if we sign him. 21 years old, bags of pace, haven't we been asking for more pace? We are not going to get the big players in i am genuinely amused . I do agree in that his doesn't have an end product yet but at 21 the coaching staff can work on that. I think Ayew and Antonio will bounce off this guy.

It doesn't take much to rip through our full backs though does it?
I'm not sure that end-product is that easy to work on. It's as much a skill that you've either got or you haven't, almost like pace.
How many Walcott's or Oxlade-Chamberlains have we seen down the years who never develop an end product?

I doubt he'll get a sniff anyways.
I'd be surprised if this is a Bilic-sanctioned signing so he'll spend a lot of time in reserves and may get the odd game or two down to injuries.
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:04 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
IronsForever wrote:When we beat Boro at Boro this guy ripped through us many times. he can play left wing effectively. I liked this guy then and am quite pleased if we sign him. 21 years old, bags of pace, haven't we been asking for more pace? We are not going to get the big players in i am genuinely amused . I do agree in that his doesn't have an end product yet but at 21 the coaching staff can work on that. I think Ayew and Antonio will bounce off this guy.

I'm not sure that end-product is that easy to work on. It's as much a skill that you've either got or you haven't, almost like pace.
How many Walcott's or Oxlade-Chamberlains have we seen down the years who never develop an end product?

I'd be surprised if this is a Bilic-sanctioned signing so he'll spend a lot of time in reserves and may get the odd game or two down to injuries.

I rate him higher Ton. I have seen him rip through Man citys players also. The problem was no boro player could keep up with him when he broke having so many players behind the ball. Time will tell but i welcome the pace he brings and hope he improves. At 21 he should improve??
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Funnily enough we signed Snodgrass who had no pace and lots of end product apparently, his assists for Hull were up there with the best and look how that turned out.

I'd prefer Onyekuru but will not be disappointed with this fella . . . . . . he can play and at £8m doesn't represent a huge risk.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:43 pm

IronsForever wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:

I rate him higher Ton. I have seen him rip through Man citys players also. The problem was no boro player could keep up with him when he broke having so many players behind the ball. Time will tell but i welcome the pace he brings and hope he improves. At 21 he should improve??

Hope you're right mate
0 x

SoggyOggy

Postby SoggyOggy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:49 pm

redhammer wrote:Can only echo some of the thoughts already on here, it's not a transfer that I think is fantastic, plenty pace and can go by his man which will add excitement I guess but his end ball has been a bit shit.

8m, much rather punt on Onyekuru.

Agreed. Onyekuru should definitely be priority as he has shown he actually knows how to find the back of the net.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”