Adama Traore

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Adama Traore

Postby BillyDWhizz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Really not getting the enthusiasm over him. Ya'll banging on about pace and agreed, he has that in spades but his passing and decision making is as poor as I've ever seen. If he was any good Barca would never have got shot, Villa would have kept him and Boro would have scored more than 27 goals during the entirety of last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bstwyc9muvc

This YouTube vid of him highlights exactly what I mean, yeah he can run and dribble but you watch how many times the ball either ends up with the opposition or he wastes the pass. He does all the hard work and then for some reason, 9 times out of 10 makes completely the wrong decision. If only he had the footballing brain of a Teddy Sheringham then...then he'd be a baller. If we sign him he'll just end up frustrating everyone and become forum fodder fer u fickle cunts :i am genuinely amused:
2 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Towie

Postby Towie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:49 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Towie wrote:Nope, not for me.
The player has been relegated the last two seasons and was not even the stand out player for those relegated clubs.
Fast as fuck with no end product.

Sounds like an England player from 3 seasons back, now playing for Man City.
If we could develop his end product and refine him slightly he could turn out to be the bargain of the century at 21. If not he will be a squad player. No Biggee :)

If you are referring to Sterling then it is completely different, he was producing the goods at Liverpool at the age of 18.
Traore however has done nothing at two different relegated clubs.

Also lets think about what we need, not squad fillers but players who can come in and improve upon our first choice 11.
We already have players with potential that cant get in the team.
1 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Towie wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
The player has been relegated the last two seasons and was not even the stand out player for those relegated clubs.

If we could develop his end product and refine him slightly he could turn out to be the bargain of the century at 21. If not he will be a squad player. No Biggee :)

If you are referring to Sterling then it is completely different, he was producing the goods at Liverpool at the age of 18.

Also lets think about what we need, not squad fillers but players who can come in and improve upon our first choice 11.

Agree with Towie here, am certain majority of fans wanted '3 first team quality players' signed and no more of this 'good squad player' stuff we saw 12 months ago
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm

This so cannot be happening .

Ffs do they never learn ???????
1 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:03 am

Towie wrote:
IronsForever wrote:

I'd like to see them players come in but with the twins at the helm can you see that happening?. Last season we had Lanzini and Payet, We need ONE maybe Two top players to bounce off them and it never happened. Can you see us spending 35 Million on a player that will improve the first team?
We " Ghost chased " 2 very decent strikers that were never in 1 million years going to sign for us. These twins are Rodney and Dell boy i am genuinely amused. We have been asking for someone with blistering pace all season and this guy has that. At 21 he can be refined into a first team player for me.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:47 am

IronsForever wrote:
Towie wrote:
IronsForever wrote:Sounds like an England player from 3 seasons back, now playing for Man City.

I'd like to see them players come in but with the twins at the helm can you see that happening?. Last season we had Lanzini and Payet, We need ONE maybe Two top players to bounce off them and it never happened. Can you see us spending 35 Million on a player that will improve the first team?
We " Ghost chased " 2 very decent strikers that were never in 1 million years going to sign for us. These twins are Rodney and Dell boy i am genuinely amused. We have been asking for someone with blistering pace all season and this guy has that. At 21 he can be refined into a first team player for me.

They said that about Nigel Quashie and Roger the Relegator ....
0 x

bigfacemike

Postby bigfacemike » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:18 am

Newmarket wrote:This so cannot be happening .

Hmmmm. Maybe it's not happening? The club are really quiet on this, where did the rumour start? A couple of bookies refusing to take bets?? Let's hope it's not true, and we are in discussions with Boro to offload Snodgrass.
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:33 am

Why not? Has some great attributes just needs to better his passing. If he was 27 and had only pace it would be different.. this guy still has years of improvement ahead of him.. and if our aim is to challenge for european spots we need a bigger squad.

Not a priority signing, but an oppotunity. Could become a fantastic signing and if not its no huge loss
1 x

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:16 am

I think it could be an inspired signing.

You can never have too many auxiliary wingers.
0 x

bigfacemike

Postby bigfacemike » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:51 am

bigfacemike wrote:
Newmarket wrote:This so cannot be happening .

Hmmmm. Maybe it's not happening? The club are really quiet on this, where did the rumour start? A couple of bookies refusing to take bets?? Let's hope it's not true, and we are in discussions with Boro to offload Snodgrass.

Looks like he's coming. So right wing wise (i.e. players that have RW as their natural position)...

Antonio
The Fegster
Snoddy
Captain Adama

Natural left wingers....

Is that a balanced team? No, It looks more like a birthday party in the house of lords.

I like the idea of Traore and Antonio rampaging down the wings, it would terrify a lot of defences, but one of them is out of position. And we still don't have a striker for them to aim at.
But what then happens to Snoddy and The Fegster?
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”