Adama Traore

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Adama Traore

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:59 am

Once again the club appear to have NO strategic plans in place and it's "grab what we can for the right price and we'll fit him in somehow".

Fucking desperate.
Last edited by ToneLoc on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:14 am

ToneLoc wrote:Once again the club appear to have NO strategic plans in place and it's "grab what we can for the right place and we'll fit him in somehow".

Fucking desperate.

Quite right too.

Imagine an attacking line up of Snoddy, Feghouli, Antonio and Traore.

We should ask, no plead with the Turks to get Tore back.
1 x

Penguin

Postby Penguin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:17 am

Oh dear....

1. He hasn't scored a goal in four seasons. Literally not one.

2. He has looked pacey in bursts, but I have never seen him look anything other than a decent player in a struggling side.

3. Right wing seems to be the absolute last spot we need to strengthen.

If he was available on a free, I would be happy to see what he can do. But £8m for someone who has never shown he has what it takes to improve, or even consolidate the squad is daft.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:19 am

Ron Manager wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Once again the club appear to have NO strategic plans in place and it's "grab what we can for the right place and we'll fit him in somehow".

Fucking desperate.

Quite right too.

"One lad's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? possibly, don't quote me on that...marvellous"
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:26 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Ron Manager wrote:

Fucking desperate.

Quite right too.

"One lad's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? possibly, don't quote me on that...marvellous"

Mark Noble secretly rubbing dog poo on the ball for Andy Carroll to head it ? Running way from parkie ? Grazed knees. Mum will make it better ? You know.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:36 am

Almost like a panic buy already, I can only imagine they have someone lined up for Feghouli for a similar fee but even that wouldn't make sense, Feghouli has shown what he can do and has been on the scoresheet.

When Noble said in the season, you can do step overs and get MOTM these days, this guy I think is a prime example
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:36 pm

redhammer wrote:Almost like a panic buy already, I can only imagine they have someone lined up for Feghouli for a similar fee but even that wouldn't make sense, Feghouli has shown what he can do and has been on the scoresheet.

When Noble said in the season, you can do step overs and get MOTM these days, this guy I think is a prime example

Feghouli has a reasonable goalscoring record in his career. Traore doesn't. And his career in England so far marks him out as one of those Jonah players. Relegated with Villa, and now relegated with Middlesbrough.

At least it was C & H reporting the so called deal so it's probably all a load of old horse manure.
4 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:21 pm

He reminds me of Shaun Wright Phillips a bit. He's got the pace to go down the line easy but then gets some sort of vertigo higher up the pitch and just collapses into a big slobbery mess on the floor
1 x
COYI!!!

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:43 pm

JayK wrote:He reminds me of Shaun Wright Phillips a bit. He's got the pace to go down the line easy but then gets some sort of vertigo higher up the pitch and just collapses into a big slobbery mess on the floor

We have gone from an educated snail in Snod to a a player with the speed of light that has the football brains of a rocking horse.U can educate the rocking horse but you can't make Snod faster.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:49 pm

JayK wrote:He reminds me of Shaun Wright Phillips a bit. He's got the pace to go down the line easy but then gets some sort of vertigo higher up the pitch and just collapses into a big slobbery mess on the floor

Or 'Arry even back in the day. Speeding down the right wing with Hurst screaming for it only to run in it out of touch and fall over the wall into the North Bank.

But how we loved him for it.
:D
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Return to “Football Talk”