Possible rule changes

Chat about anything football related here!
ticker

Possible rule changes

Postby ticker » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:12 am

45 minute halves to be scrapped,no rebounds from penalty kicks,and players allowed to pass to themselves from free kicks all this from the bbc website
0 x

Newmarket

Re: Possible rule changes

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 am

ticker wrote:45 minute halves to be scrapped,no rebounds from penalty kicks,and players allowed to pass to themselves from free kicks all this from the bbc website

Fuck me I know professional footballers are supposed to be fit ( ours excepted of course) but 90 minutes non stop football is a bit ott
0 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:52 am

What a load of old bollox. All put forward by a fucking ex referee. If it's not broke...
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:59 am

Codswallop.
Edit: Although I like the idea of stopping the clock for stoppages.
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Postby eastcoastclaret » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:13 am

Newmarket wrote:
ticker wrote:45 minute halves to be scrapped,no rebounds from penalty kicks,and players allowed to pass to themselves from free kicks all this from the bbc website

Fuck me I know professional footballers are supposed to be fit ( ours excepted of course) but 90 minutes non stop football is a bit ott

I was busy laughing then I checked the website in question. Sorry I cannot post a link up at this time! The powers that be are "thinking" about knocking 90 mins match time total on the head and replacing it with 2x 30 minute halves,...... to reduce time wasting! Along with a few other ideas but Why do they come up with this shit? Just take the timekeeping away from the ref, have a giant clock in the ground, controlled by a 5th official who pauses the clock whenever no football is being played. Everyone in the ground then knows exactly how much game time is left,Similar to yank football. Simples. The only downside is it might delay the live results shows on tv.

Sounds like more value for our money.....
1 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:29 am

ToneLoc wrote:Codswallop.
Edit: Although I like the idea of stopping the clock for stoppages.

They do it in AFL over here....The ref calls stop the clock (when he sees fit)......obviously you wouldn't have extra time....and only the refs know how long to go in the final quarter (of AFL)/half of our game.....It does make it exciting though and would cut out the time wasting....

The rest of the suggestions...30 min halfs etc are ludicrous...
0 x

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:31 am

What a load of crap.

A match featuring an Allardyce team would last all day.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:36 am

Has anybody ever completed any tests where they've measure how much actual playing time there is during a game?
Wouldn't be difficult to do it for every Premier League over 1 season and then work out the average.
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:41 am

Ron Manager wrote:What a load of crap.

A match featuring an Allardyce team would last all day.

You don't stop the clock if the ball is in the air you daft cunt.....shakeass shakeass shakeass
3 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:46 am

What a load of old Tosh. 30 mins each halve, play that in youth football. All this crap about doing it to reduce time wasting., ave they heard of a stop watch. Yeh I know its 30mins continuous play but if you think players wont find another way to run the click down then you are mistaken. It will make football more boring.

Penalty kicks no rebounds, double whammy for the team taking it. Leave it alone. Just the lazy turds trying to look busy, a bit like Blatters idea of four goals.
0 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

Return to “Football Talk”