London Stadium

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: London Stadium

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:46 pm

I know the Stadium will be ours eventually and probably within the next 5 years.

They can`t keep running on a huge loss.That £8 million a year could pay towards something more important.I bet that is probably a lot more than that too.

I can`t see though G & S making them an offer.It would have to be the other way round.It`s either that are somebody buys us and makes them an offer.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:28 pm

terrya1965 wrote:I know the Stadium will be ours eventually and probably within the next 5 years.

They can`t keep running on a huge loss.That £8 million a year could pay towards something more important.I bet that is probably a lot more than that too.

I can`t see though G & S making them an offer.It would have to be the other way round.It`s either that are somebody buys us and makes them an offer.

1 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

garnett

Postby garnett » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:09 am

Morning,
My view is that as long as Khan is in office he will want to offload it, but as we have been told many times we have got the deal of the century, not exactly true, the owners did, not those going through the turnstiles, which leads me to believe that unless they are offered it for next to nothing, they neither have the vision nor inclination to spend what is necessary to turn our Stadium into a world class FOOTBALL STADIUM and in doing so turning our team world class also.

No I havnt been drinking.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 am

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:If the team are playing well and attractive football and wining,it makes the stadium issues seem less of a concern!
But when the football is average at best you look at the bigger picture going on around you.Without meeting up with people on them boats it would have been shit.

All probably true. But really isn't that exactly the same as we used to feel after a game at Upton Park?

If the football was great you forget the shitty drive in and even the shittier drive home afterwards is good because of the football reports on the radio. You forget the hand driers in the khazis are fucked, and you've spent the 90 minutes worrying your car will still be where you left it and in the same condition as when you parked it in some tatty street in a shithole part of Greater Londonistan. Or if you came in by tube you forget about the usual chaos at Upton Park station.

But if the football was shit, all those things come back into your mind, which is why we all have those "is it worth it" moments I guess. ;)
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Return to “Football Talk”