London Stadium

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

London Stadium

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:00 am

Thoughts?
http://www.claretandhugh.info/hammer-bl ... ls-option/

We were over the L.S the other week and saw them preparing it for the athletics and I have to say it made my heart-sink watching them "de-West Ham" it.
Hoping for some proper, visionary owners prepared to properly invest and buy the stadium outright.
5 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

Newmarket

Re: London Stadium

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:58 am

ToneLoc wrote:Thoughts?

We were over the L.S the other week and saw them preparing it for the athletics and I have to say it made my heart-sink watching them "de-West Ham" it.
Hoping for some proper, visionary owners prepared to properly invest and buy the stadium outright.

Thing is Tone , while they are busy trousering the dosh for themselves and not investing in the team and the whole match day experience for the fans then nothing will ever change .
The club 'source' in that article said as much . While the money's rolling in there is no incentive to get off their arses and invest some of it .
Even volunteering to contribute towards proper retractable seating would be a help as well as a gesture but no mate it's never going to happen .

The match day experience is as if not more important than any success on the pitch but while you have Westfield and that Mayor of London sticking their oars in that place is never going to feel like home .

At least we on here have the exclusive use of those boats pre and post match and long may that continue .
It's all the other poor cunts I feel sorry for .
4 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Newmarket wrote:

Thing is Tone , while they are busy trousering the dosh for themselves and not investing in the team and the whole match day experience for the fans then nothing will ever change .
The club 'source' in that article said as much . While the money's rolling in there is no incentive to get off their arses and invest some of it .
Even volunteering to contribute towards proper retractable seating would be a help as well as a gesture but no mate it's never going to happen .

The match day experience is as if not more important than any success on the pitch but while you have Westfield and that Mayor of London sticking their oars in that place is never going to feel like home .

At least we on here have the exclusive use of those boats pre and post match and long may that continue .
It's all the other poor cunts I feel sorry for .

Without them boats,it would be a non event for the smaller games!
As you say Tim the boats make it a good day out for everyone. ;)
If the team are playing well and attractive football and wining,it makes the stadium issues seem less of a concern!
But when the football is average at best you look at the bigger picture going on around you.Without meeting up with people on them boats it would have been shit.
2 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Although we all know what the deal is, it doesn't make it any less sad seeing "our place" (yes I AM trying to mentally make that happen) being stripped bare for the fucking athletics.
After a tough season, after the Spuds game I was finally just starting to feel a little bit of "home" creeping in.......Now this.
It just feels a bit humiliating and a massive "fuck off".
2 x

Taranis

Postby Taranis » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:24 pm

Agree with your points I am also annoyed at the no home games on Boxing Day anymore thanks to Westfield. Bloody shopping centre dictating when we can play at home!
1 x
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:34 pm

I'm surprised that Sean has run with that tbh but he is in constant contact with Stadium 185, West Ham, LLDC and Newham.

Obviously I have nowhere near as good links as he has but the stadium lost £8m last year and even with the improvements it will make a loss next year too.

I really don't think that we need to make a big bid for the stadium, give it three years of large losses and they'll be trying to give it to us.

I would not be at all surprised if the "We have a great deal and are staying as tenants" is a tactical shot across the bows and the first pawn being moved into place by the club.

That statement undoubtedly came from high up within the club and was very much directed at the operators and Mayors Office.
1 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Gonzo wrote:

I'm surprised that Sean has run with that tbh but he is in constant contact with Stadium 185, West Ham, LLDC and Newham.

Obviously I have nowhere near as good links as he has but the stadium lost £8m last year and even with the improvements it will make a loss next year too.

I really don't think that we need to make a big bid for the stadium, give it three years of large losses and they'll be trying to give it to us.

I would not be at all surprised if the "We have a great deal and are staying as tenants" is a tactical shot across the bows and the first pawn being moved into place by the club.

That statement undoubtedly came from high up within the club and was very much directed at the operators and Mayors Office.

Yeah it may well be a tactical move mate.
If so, then they're clearly better at this stuff than they are with the fucking football :i am genuinely amused:
4 x

Broga81

Postby Broga81 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:29 pm

We will own the stadium within the first 10 years.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Broga81 wrote:We will own the stadium within the first 10 years.

Banking on those 2 cunts to sell up then are we ?
1 x

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Postby eastcoastclaret » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Broga81 wrote:We will own the stadium within the first 10 years.

I wish that would happen, I really do.

However, I have this little niggling doubt that surggests to me that pinky and perky would be offered the deal at a less than going rate, they would stall and haggle over some relatively minor issues and another club would come in and pinch it from under our noses leaving us homeless and having to ground share with orient.....
0 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Return to “Football Talk”