Paddy Power taking the piss . . .

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Paddy Power taking the piss . . .

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:58 pm

. . .out of our transfer strategy.

Quite amusing but also slightly concerning that the wider public seem to find our recruitment policy a bit of a joke

p power.jpg
p power.jpg (105.36 KiB) Viewed 584 times
0 x

deanox

Re: Paddy Power taking the piss . . .

Postby deanox » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:03 pm

There not wrong though, I've always tried to support the Daves but I'm concerned that we will miss out again this year.
1 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

papawhisky

Postby papawhisky » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Must admit that me chuckle (in a manly northern way)

I do wonder if there are any backstage issues with Giroud, on the face of it he comes across as a decent, hard working team player who can score both ugly and beautiful goals. He is basically an injury free version of Carroll. If he really is as he seems then he is exactly what your mob need (not to mention my mandatory few quid on West Ham to win the Premier League every year).

He is still an established international player and I doubt he would appreciate being used as a makeweight in a deal for a promising but untested teenager, he also has hinted he wants to stay in London, so you should be gearing everything towards making this happen. Carroll then becomes a very useful 2nd stringer. this is I believe what you southern softies refer to as 'job jobbed'

P.S. Apart from Everton who have gone for a goalie you don't need and a meh midefielder, none of the other 'also rans' have splashed their cash yet. If any of you have been on the Grand National roller coaster in Blackpool you will enjoy a very bumpy ride, enjoy your transfer summer :D
1 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Everyone knows what the cunts are like

Laughing stock even bookmakers are taking the piss out of us
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:22 pm

As I said the other day my issue is that Arsenal want a replacement first yet always tend to do their business very late in the window if at all.

Man City want £25m for their fella and Arsenal need to be put in a position where we bid with the condition that the sale is done immediately.

Basically we're going to have to bid over £25m for someone but the owners seem very reluctant to spend, it's like trying to get my three year old to hand back the packet of marshmallows to her brother.
1 x

papawhisky

Postby papawhisky » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:27 pm

Tell your 3 yr old that you pissed/peed/weed/daddygonetoilet in them and it will be funny to give them to her brother, marshmallows handed over licketysplit.

And yes, your point is valid, it's all well and good people screaming for immediate signings but some teams want assurances before making deals (Arse with Giroud/Mbappe etc).

Tweedle Dee, Tweedle dum and Twiddle with herself are surprisingly quiet at the moment, with their track record I would take that as a good thing, lessons learned etc
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Gonzo wrote:. . .out of our transfer strategy.

Quite amusing but also slightly concerning that the wider public seem to find our recruitment policy a bit of a joke

p power.jpg

You know my feelings on this subject matey .

Laughing stock and we have been for how long exactly ?
Trouble is , we know they are useless cunts but they are OUR useless cunts and its up to them to prove the whole social media network wrong by actually DOING something.

I'm not sure what's worse ... them giving it large and not producing the goods or hearing fuck all and not producing the goods....
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Newmarket wrote:

p power.jpg

You know my feelings on this subject matey .

Laughing stock and we have been for how long exactly ?
Trouble is , we know they are useless cunts but they are OUR useless cunts and its up to them to prove the whole social media network wrong by actually DOING something.

I'm not sure what's worse ... them giving it large and not producing the goods or hearing fuck all and not producing the goods....

You even sound younger in the way you type mate
3 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:13 pm

p power.jpg

Sad truth mate is that they see SuGo as most on here see them.
Not serious players but ardent talkers and rumour-mongers.
And it's worse in that they don't seem to be able to "take a hint" and simply carry on with their means and methods. Or worse still...... perhaps they don't really give a toss?
0 x
I suppose that now isn't the best time to ask... "who was Keyser Soze?"

Return to “Football Talk”