The Arnautovic thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JRS

The Arnautovic thread

Postby JRS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Marko Arnautović has handed in is transfer request to Stoke City. The bookies had us has favourites to sign him next to staying at Stoke.
We have been keen on him but with this request I am sure the amount of suitors will grow.
He is streaky and feel as if he has yet to hit his true potential. At 6'4" he is a physical presence and is a left winger which we news but also can play across and fill in as CF. I have mixes feelings about this with Bilic not know for getting the beat out of players and has injury iasues.
But if we could get him for a decent fee then yes would like to have him here help in awt pieces and is Versatile. But he will most likely command a wage of £100k as well. So we will have to prioritise. But we have cleared a lot of wage bill. We apparently has a £10m bid rejected at 28 and injury issues and streaky if we could get for £15m I would go for it but think £24m or so would be to much with our Kitty.
Thoughts?
0 x

Taranis

Re: Marko hands in Transfer request

Postby Taranis » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Yes to this I would like to see him at West Ham, and Shaquiri as well (wont happen).
0 x
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so...

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Just started a bidding war.

We'll fall at the first.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Jacko1966

Postby Jacko1966 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:59 pm

We'll offer £5m, it'll be rejected, he'll go to Leicester for £15m and our board will say (again) "well we are trying"...
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:01 pm

A hundred grand a week for that moody cunt that turns it on when he feels like ?

Luckily for us in this case the 2 Cunts won't pay it .

Yes prioritise . Get a fucking goal scorer.
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

jhammers

Postby jhammers » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Would be perfect for us. Plays on the left, skilful, strong and scores goals.
1 x

JRS

Postby JRS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Everton were keen last summer when he signed a new 4 year contract in July to hit is release clause at £12.5m. Hopefully they don't come in and swoop another target from under us
We apparently already bid £10m that was rejected and he may want to at in London. But he is streaky and has attitude issues. Don't know if Bilic could get the best out of him but he has more potential them he has shown at Stoke so far. ( I wouldn't want Shaqiri too personally he scores beautiful goals but only _4 or 5 a season Antonio on the right wing for me.)
Really depends on the price and he will cost a hwft wage as well. But Slav doesn't like young prospects so I imagine we will go all in for him.
But he doesn't clear up our striker issue we should just offer Chicharito £7m Bonus on 3 year contract and pay him £100k that way he gets his £140k salary but £7m of it divided over 3 years.
And Marko for £15m I will take but of they want £25m or so with is injury record and Streakyness that would be to much
0 x

Tommy86

Postby Tommy86 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:48 pm

This would be a great signing in my opinion!
He's the level of player we should realistically be looking to sign.

The thought of him, Lanzini & Antonio linking up is absolutely salivating! The fluidity between those players should work well for us.

One thing I really like about him is the arrogance of the guy when he's playing. Too many times we seem to have players that don't want the ball & shy away from the responsibility ala Snodgrass. He certainly wouldn't be in that category. He always demands the ball & is extremely direct in his play.

Ticks all boxes for me. Let's hope we don't mess this one up, as now it's out there I can see a few clubs lining up for him.
0 x

L.I.AM

Postby L.I.AM » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:50 pm

Hernandez has to be the number one priority. Get that sorted first then concentrate on others.
Never been overly impressed with Marko, and certainly wouldn't pay over 15 million but I've seen glimpses of quality and maybe we can get the best out of him?? Dunno tho, it's a tough one.......
0 x

Toddie

Postby Toddie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:54 pm

I'm all for this move, stokes best player on his day. He can be a little bit inconsistent at times but he's far better than our wide options except for the mighty Antonio of course.
I think around 18million is what I'd like to pay for him but I can imagine as we're premier league rivals it will be more like 25million.
Reading the Stoke City forums makes an interesting read...you think we're all doom and gloom they're well truly losing their shit over the lack of ambition and the potential loss of key players.
Majority are absolutely gutted to see Marko leave especially to a club like us rather than the big boys.

http://m.oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/t ... est?page=1

^^^^ link to the thread I was reading.
Last edited by Toddie on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”