The Striker Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: So.. strikers

Post by Gonzo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:58 pm

Big rumours doing the rounds about a massive Lacazette bid from us
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 pm

Big rumours doing the rounds about a massive Lacazette bid from us
0 x

ryanguitarhammer

Post by ryanguitarhammer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:17 am

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:37 am

Bitten the bullet and bid the £40 million they want for Lacazette according to L'equipe. We shall see I guess.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

WestOzIron

Post by WestOzIron » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:05 am

I really hope we make a serious play for Calleri. The third party bit is a worry, but at 22 I think there is huge upside.
He may not be the 20 goal striker now, but can be given the time to develop into such a player. Who we get for today is the tough call, Lacazette & co are taking the piss with their valuations. Grab a Berahino or Benteke along with Calleri for the price of one of these unproven PL players is my thinking.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:45 am

This is it, the last bid for Lacazette is in. A lot of fake rumours did the rounds about his agent saying he doesn't wish to come but I strongly believe that isn't true and is made up.

DS is going for it anyway, do or die kinda bid. Nice one to the chairman and I can only pray Lyon finally accept this, 2m more than their asking price!!
0 x

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:47 am

redhammer wrote:This is it, the last bid for Lacazette is in. A lot of fake rumours did the rounds about his agent saying he doesn't wish to come but I strongly believe that isn't true and is made up.

DS is going for it anyway, do or die kinda bid. Nice one to the chairman and I can only pray Lyon finally accept this, 2m more than their asking price!!

Made a comment about this in the daily news thread before reading this. I retract part if him not eager to sign is false.

We will now get him a few euros cheaper, unless the froggies insist it be paid at the rate when the original bid was first put in.

Defo last bid though, Like Bilic, I believe we are being used to inflate his price.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:16 am

Bashuayi is more lilely to happen over Lacazette. Lyon is already in the CL and doesn't have the same money problems that Marsielle does. Batshuayi is certain to leave the club.. it's just a question of to where. If we arent the players preffered destination then just fucking CHANGE his mind and us fans need to suck of a bit of pride about it. Realistically we can't expect to be high in demand players first choice. We need to present a different kind of package than clubs that can just shout CL-footy!!! to make plaers start drooling. We arent there, yet. But we might be next season. We are on the up! But don't expect every damn player out there to be liling up to sign for us just because of it. We still need to work a little harder to convince players to come. We did it with Payet.. and now again with Feghouli who I expect to be a massive hit.

Lacazette's price just seem to go higher and higher every month. If we are prepared to pay that much then fine. But Batshuayis valuation seems to have been met already. When he's back from the euros his future will be settles and i hope that he comes here.

The players have similar scoring records but Lacazette is both older and played for a better team and has probably peaked already. Batshuayi still might become a better player.

No Benteke for me.
0 x

blackcountryhammer

Re : So.. strikers

Post by blackcountryhammer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:07 am

appears we've bid 28 mil for baty boy now as well,we must be well flush
0 x

Newmarket

Re: Re : So.. strikers

Post by Newmarket » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:43 am

blackcountryhammer wrote:appears we've bid 28 mil for baty boy now as well,we must be well flush
This one is being reported on sky breaking news but no mention of Lacazzette ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Social Media