A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammertime

Re: A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Post by Hammertime » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:36 pm

Gonzo wrote:I'm still slightly deluded and think something might happen because my pea sized brain can't fathom that successful businessmen could be this incompetent
I can't help but think that as businessmen, they've had some limited success in buying (or acquiring) prospects, Lanzini, Kouyate, Antonio, Cresswell, Adrian who all featured in a West Ham team that thrived 2 season's ago. To that end, the buying of Obiang, Fernandez, Masuaku, and now Quina, Habsawhatever etc. they're trying to repeat the process. We can all see that these prospects, both old and new, must be complimented by some big name signings to form a squad that can challenge in this league.

I saw Chicharito, Arnie, Zabaleta and Hart as a step in the right direction, but after the first three games they are gambling massively that the squad is complete. We now have until the silly window in Jan to save ourselves from relegation and on the face of it, we have the players to do so. But this is West Ham and what our owners have left themselves wholly unprepared for, is the next rash of injuries in a squad that is not that deep in quality. If they win this gamble, they've done it while making money hand over fist. But we all only care about the other side of this wager and while it's not our money, it is our passion they are fucking with.
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Taansend wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Fernandes was just desperate to jump on the football bandwagon at the time and, like Sullivan & Gold, declared his "love" for West Ham. His regime at QPR reminded me of how the idiot Magnusson carried on, with Gudmundsson's money, the only difference being was that Fernandes was spending his own :D

I hear what you're saying about offers actually on the table but I can assure you there were at least two future bidders, one US led and one underwritten by Russian energy company Lukoil. However the dwarf and his glove puppet tied the deal up early doors, my understanding being that Straumur wanted a quick deal rather than a long drawn out process.
Whisky,

I'm not calling you a liar or having a dig but do you have any links or more info on these other bidders?
No links but back then I was working in the city and that little square mile of real estate is a hotbed of activity when it comes to takeover talk, and even more so when the nation's favourite sport is involved. Not because of the money involved which is peanuts compared to the big merger/acquisition/takeover etc deals that are happening, but because like everywhere else football is usually THE topic.

If you're interested the US interest was fairly common knowledge at the time (google Intermarket or Jim Bowe). It ran into difficulties when the CEO popped his clogs but was still on the back burner. The Lukoil backed interest came about later during the (advanced) negotiations with Sullivan. When I say Lukoil backed one of the main players behind their interest was one of the big noises in that company, Vagit Alekperov.

One of Lukoil's other top brass is actually the owner of Spartak Moscow, at least I assume he still is. Now isn't that a useless piece of information. But I've already told you too much and now I shall have to kill you. ;)

And can I add that those that I've mentioned are only two. At the time there were all manner of suits doing the due diligence thing on West Ham's finances. So what I'm saying is that, contrary to the lies they span, Pinky & Perky were not the only show in town and had they not been around West Ham would 100% not have gone out of existence, or even into administration.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:17 pm

The Brums did warn us, I remember, but I wonder whether they'd have them back now?
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:35 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:
I am sure there were other 'interested parties' but none of them actually put up though so I put that down as no other offers. I am not even convinced Tony Fernandez would have paid that money.

Fernandes was just desperate to jump on the football bandwagon at the time and, like Sullivan & Gold, declared his "love" for West Ham. His regime at QPR reminded me of how the idiot Magnusson carried on, with Gudmundsson's money, the only difference being was that Fernandes was spending his own :D

I hear what you're saying about offers actually on the table but I can assure you there were at least two future bidders, one US led and one underwritten by Russian energy company Lukoil. However the dwarf and his glove puppet tied the deal up early doors, my understanding being that Straumur wanted a quick deal rather than a long drawn out process.
Fair enough but you have to say that if these guys had the money and the willing they would have done the deal...

Agree re Fernandes though.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Pipe smurf

Re: G&S: " West Ham can win the Premier League AND the Champions League in the next five years"

Post by Pipe smurf » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:36 pm

Pipe smurf wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 pm
Asked about how he saw the next five years for West Ham, Sullivan replied: 'I’d like to see us win the Premier League and then the Champions League. Yes, I know it’s unlikely but again, not impossible — look at Atletico Madrid. We can all dream.

'We are West Ham United, we’re a big club, one of four big clubs in London. We have some catching-up to do but we’ve closed the gap.'

And Gold added: 'I would be disappointed if we don’t join the so-called top six within the next five years. We know the fanbase is there and it will grow when we move [to the Olympic Stadium].
'This isn’t blind optimism. I can see everything coming together, culminating in us becoming a top club, challenging at the highest level with top players in an amazing stadium supported by amazing fans.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Gold.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is 2 and a half years ago! Come on I can´t believe someone can see them anything other than piss taking, asset stripping, lying money making cunts who are ruining the club!

2 years later and I stand by what I said! Cirka 30 million net spend this summer?! A fucking pisstake!
0 x

grandad

Re: G&S: " West Ham can win the Premier League AND the Champions League in the next five years"

Post by grandad » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Pipe smurf wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:36 pm
Pipe smurf wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 pm
Asked about how he saw the next five years for West Ham, Sullivan replied: 'I’d like to see us win the Premier League and then the Champions League. Yes, I know it’s unlikely but again, not impossible — look at Atletico Madrid. We can all dream.

'We are West Ham United, we’re a big club, one of four big clubs in London. We have some catching-up to do but we’ve closed the gap.'

And Gold added: 'I would be disappointed if we don’t join the so-called top six within the next five years. We know the fanbase is there and it will grow when we move [to the Olympic Stadium].
'This isn’t blind optimism. I can see everything coming together, culminating in us becoming a top club, challenging at the highest level with top players in an amazing stadium supported by amazing fans.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Gold.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is 2 and a half years ago! Come on I can´t believe someone can see them anything other than piss taking, asset stripping, lying money making cunts who are ruining the club!

2 years later and I stand by what I said! Cirka 30 million net spend this summer?! A fucking pisstake!

Lying shyster cunts who have killed the west ham I knew and loved

Sold us lie after lie and seems they hoodwinked lots of people who now sing there praises
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:03 am

Pipe smurf wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:36 pm

£44.75m according to Sky

9th most in the League.

Whatever you wish for, we still need to be sustainable and not wreckless
0 x

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:40 am

I think most fans realised a long time ago that despite all the Billy Big Bollox at the start, the Dildo Bros will never take us to the next level. I think we only got MP after the Dwarf got a coin in his ugly face?
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 am

dagenhamdave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:40 am
I think most fans realised a long time ago that despite all the Billy Big Bollox at the start, the Dildo Bros will never take us to the next level. I think we only got MP after the Dwarf got a coin in his ugly face?
Allegedly. Eye witnessing thin on the ground .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:51 am

Newmarket wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 am
dagenhamdave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:40 am
Allegedly. Eye witnessing thin on the ground .
I went to that game Tim. On the train back west I was talking to a Burnley fan who lives my way. He himself was talking to a Burnley director who's a good friend of his who was in the box and did indeed see a coin hit the dwarf. Didn't do any damage but he was spooked by it. He thinks it was a 5p piece.

The largest coin in the world is Australian and is 800mm in diameter.

It must weigh a fucking ton but if a few of you can give me a hand ?
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Social Media