A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Chat about anything football related here!
LeeWHU88

Re: G&S: " West Ham can win the Premier League AND the Champions League in the next five years"

Post by LeeWHU88 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:50 pm

Newmarket wrote:How many times do I have to repeat this ?????

IT AINT 3 GAMES IN ITS 16 MONTHS IN AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED !

NOTHING !!!!!!!!
Exactly this.

Bilic should of gone last season, a little run over Christmas saved his job, but then we nose dived again and limped over the line, that form has carried on into this season.
0 x

Towie

Re: G&S: " West Ham can win the Premier League AND the Champions League in the next five years"

Post by Towie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:03 pm

LeeWHU88 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:How many times do I have to repeat this ?????

IT AINT 3 GAMES IN ITS 16 MONTHS IN AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED !

NOTHING !!!!!!!!
Exactly this.

Bilic should of gone last season, a little run over Christmas saved his job, but then we nose dived again and limped over the line, that form has carried on into this season.
John Lyall wouldn't have lasted long either then.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:16 pm

Towie wrote:
LeeWHU88 wrote:
Exactly this.

That's not a fair comparison and you know it .

Lyall was fortunate enough to manage the club when there was nowhere near the pressure to stay in the Premier League as there is now , the financial implications of which are these days unthinkable.

Besides I was at Anfield when Lyall got the sack and , like that season overall , we were fucking dire .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Towie

Post by Towie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Towie wrote:
That's not a fair comparison and you know it .

Lyall was fortunate enough to manage the club when there was nowhere near the pressure to stay in the Premier League as there is now , the financial implications of which are these days unthinkable.

Besides I was at Anfield when Lyall got the sack and , like that season overall , we were fucking dire .
That's my point different era now, managers were given time.
Now Lose a couple games and every man and their dog vents their anger abuse.

I know Bilic time is up the Newcastle display confirmed it for me, but In a better time managers were left to manage.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:44 pm

I know Bilic has been getting it in the neck and rightly so, team formations, tactics, fitness etc all point to the man in charge. That's fair enough.
But there is more to a football club than the manager, the owners must apportion some of the blame as well.
They would be the same with any man in charge and that is precisely why we have Slaven, he's not a great manager by any stretch, but he suits the owners.
Under the current regime, a top fight manager i.e. A conte, or a guardiola wouldn't waste their time with these shysters, they'd be royally fucked off.
And that I presume is why Bilic hasn't been replaced, despite last years disaster and the continuing form this season, they simply can't improve on him with what they offer either in personal wages or money made available to a new manager to improve the squad.
Anywhere else he would have been gone last Christmas, but he suits them.
They've just done a nice little bit of business in selling sakho for 9 mil, more money to spend on transfers? Nah, more money in their arse pockets more like.
I just hope that if Slav does go, those pair of cunts soon follow him.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Pipe smurf wrote:
Taansend wrote:Fucking hell, the whinging on here is reaching new levels :i am genuinely amused:
Do these blatant lies not irritate you at all Taansend or have you maybe just got used to us being run by cunts?

13 million net spend now in the summer in our second season at the "GREAT" Olympic Stadium where we are gonna challenge the top six and the Champions League!?!?!?
10 million for Sakho...net spend now 3 million....they spend more in the 2 nd division....is this the type or investment of a big club ......who have very little outlay on their stadium costs unlike the other 19 clubs in the premier league.....but all the other clubs have invested much more in the transfer window...Watford, Swansea, West Bromwich, Southampton, Everton, Huddersfield, Leicester, Newcastle....etc have all got a net spend more than us...out of the above we have played two of them....lost both.....in the next few weeks we have Huddersfield and Swansea....I am dreading this season already.....
0 x

Pipe smurf

A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Post by Pipe smurf » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:42 pm

From 2009

"Blues fan here,omg cant believe you will have them two chancers,barrowboys,muppets,twats,in charge of you lot soon god help yous...welcome to the world of very very average players being signed from the fizzy pop leagues,sully loves a gamble on some mickey mouse no mark player that he thinks hes going to sell for £20 million in a few years,all i can is before every transfer window he will promise you the world and deliver you jackshite,the man is a cock of the highest order and you are about to find that out in the next year.k.r.o"

"blues fan here chaps....had a right laugh at this,if yous lot think dux is bad with the spin,just wait till sully start coming out with the ***** he will defo surpass duxbury,now i dont want to burst your bubbble this morning but in 2/3 years time you will defo be doing this"

Good luck chaps......but sully as got to be the biggest "tw@t" in great britian.....sully will run that club from top to bottom as gold is just his bitch....they found a great formula at blues for making money out of yo yoing.......im just waiting now for sully to say you have got 20 deals on the go before the window shuts,and really you will end up with jackshite,then before you know it upson will have been sold for £10 million in this window or the next.....i know you dont want to believe this,this morning, but sully is a 24 caret tw@t.....end of rant.....

"To find out what approach Sullivan, Gold and Brady will take towards West Ham just look back in the archives for their time at Birmingham - the initial comments already create an overwhelming sense of deja vu... Firstly, tell the fans an amount that you are in debt (their figures, not necessarily substantiated)- the fear created justifies the inevitable increase in ticket prices in the summer (Birmingham were more expensive to watch than Man Utd)
Secondly, blame high wages for the club's problems, but then make out that you will spend a huge sum of money on a 'star' player's wages (conveniently unnamed) - there was never any realistic chance that the player would sign, but gives the supporters the false impression that these guys are prepared to back big transfers
Thirdly, avoid spending any money on facilities by trying to move the club to a new ground that someone else has paid for - ie the 2012 Olympic Stadium - witness the failed campaign aimed at getting the City Council to pay for a new stadium in Birmingham which the club would move to but not contribute towards

Is it coincidence that Birmingham's fortunes have turned up since the point when this group departed? The increased harmony at the club is reflected on the pitch and the reduction in pressure from the Board has allowed the manager to make his own decisions, most of which now seem to be delivering results, and actually look like he is enjoying himself!

Birmingham's fans, like those of any club, can certainly be accused of periods of unrealistic expectation - but then as he has already done at West Ham it was Sullivan himself that made comments about Champions League qualification, not the supporters...

Ungrateful? On occasions for sure, but being regularly reminded for 15 years of how our club was 'saved' eventually wears a little thin... and if the chauffeured Rolls Royce journey caused Sullivan 'fatigue', then don't be shocked that a working class fan base doesn't show you the adoration you crave...keep right on..and up the blues...."
0 x

Taansend

Re: A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Post by Taansend » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:07 pm

Great post. I but Birmingham fans have been pissing themselves laughing at our predicament :D
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:11 pm

It wasn't so much as a "warning" as many of us knew what we were getting as soon as they came in.
Book-balancers with an eye for a quick profit who will be happy just to stay in Premier League.

And that's been borne out since and still is......
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

h69

Post by h69 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:16 pm

True enough but then our last owners nearly put us out of business and only them and Tony Fernandez offered to buy us out.

And if I look at the squad it is significantly better than those days......we just need to choose a decent manager but to be fair, most on here (not all) were happy with Bilic...myself included.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Social Media