A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:33 pm

h69 wrote:And if I look at the squad it is significantly better than those days......we just need to choose a decent manager but to be fair, most on here (not all) were happy with Bilic...myself included.
Yes but so are all of the other squads. It's called Sky money.
We've just moved along with everyone else.
But relative to the 19 other teams....... how much have we really improved?
This lot have already banged in one relegation and we were again flirting with it last season.
I really thought that with such a close call last time around that they may have considered going above and beyond to mitigate further risk.

But "above and beyond" simply isn't in their little rulebook.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:02 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
h69 wrote:And if I look at the squad it is significantly better than those days......we just need to choose a decent manager but to be fair, most on here (not all) were happy with Bilic...myself included.
This lot have already banged in one relegation and we were again flirting with it last season.
I really thought that with such a close call last time around that they may have considered going above and beyond to mitigate further risk.

Yes, I was expecting a lot more in this window. I'll do some sums tomorrow and see what we really got. They have five hours as I write to do some real big deals. I'm not holding my breath.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:07 pm

bigfacemike wrote:
ToneLoc wrote: Yes but so are all of the other squads. It's called Sky money.

Yes, I was expecting a lot more in this window. I'll do some sums tomorrow and see what we really got. They have five hours as I write to do some real big deals. I'm not holding my breath.
I AM holding my breath...................but that's because I'm standing on a train and have just eaten a cold onion bhaji.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:11 pm

I never bought in to them and Brady champions league nonsense has I can see right through their bullshit. Got tired early on of the move will take us to the next level.,We saved the club. It Might seduce a new fan.but not me and others

I'm sick of them, the pair of chancers only bought in to the club has they already knew they would take a punt by selling our home and going for the Athletics track.

We fans save this club season in season out. Without us there is nothing. Their bullshit artist and fake West Ham fans.

Business men first west ham second so i hope they leave pretty soon. And take their yes man too.

The Sakho fiasco probably sums up this club right now.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

h69

Post by h69 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:22 pm

ToneLoc wrote:

yes and moving with everyone else is about right unless we get bought out by a billionaire like the top 8.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:32 pm

Like it's already been said, us of a certain age didn't buy in to their bollocks. They're real aim is the younger generation of fans who'll one day gladly suck it all up and pay through the nose for the privilege of sustained mediocrity.
They are what they are I'm afraid, two bob shysters with a mouthpiece for back up.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:38 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:Like it's already been said, us of a certain age didn't buy in to their bollocks. They're real aim is the younger generation of fans who'll one day gladly suck it all up and pay through the nose for the privilege of sustained mediocrity.
They are what they are I'm afraid, two bob shysters with a mouthpiece for back up.
Yep it's been no surprise to me and yes , the bluenoses warned us but tbh us old hands knew all about 'em already .

But know what ? Bilic's first season doesn't happen , neither does all this shit .
No Dimitri Payet , none of this shit .

Those 2 cunts shut the fuck up , nobody gets their hopes up , none of this shit .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:05 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:Like it's already been said, us of a certain age didn't buy in to their bollocks. They're real aim is the younger generation of fans who'll one day gladly suck it all up and pay through the nose for the privilege of sustained mediocrity.
Yep it's been no surprise to me and yes , the bluenoses warned us but tbh us old hands knew all about 'em already .

But know what ? Bilic's first season doesn't happen , neither does all this shit .
No Dimitri Payet , none of this shit .

Those 2 cunts shut the fuck up , nobody gets their hopes up , none of this shit .
I think that's spot on. Sullivan specifically just can't stop big-noting himself.
We cannot (excepting Hernandez) sign established quality players.
All of our recent top players were mid-range gambles -- £10m for Payet, £8m for Lanzini, £7m for Antonio, £3m for Sakho, and so it goes on with Cresswell, Kouyate, Obiang, etc.
Why on earth don't we get back to that instead of embarrassing ourselves 'trying' to sign Carvalho or Bacca?
Maybe Sugo think that chasing after unobtainable talent is almost the same as signing it, and somehow that's good PR.

To be fair IF our chairmen were not constantly overstating the club's ambitions I think most would consider them to have done a reasonable job the last 5 seasons.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:06 pm

I'm still slightly deluded and think something might happen because my pea sized brain can't fathom that successful businessmen could be this incompetent
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:38 pm

They have money too but it seems that they are saving it for a new manager to spend in January . . . . . it's ridiculous convoluted thinking that could prove very fucking costly
0 x

Social Media