A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:41 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:Like it's already been said, us of a certain age didn't buy in to their bollocks. They're real aim is the younger generation of fans who'll one day gladly suck it all up and pay through the nose for the privilege of sustained mediocrity.
They are what they are I'm afraid, two bob shysters with a mouthpiece for back up.
Well if they believe there will be a younger generation of fans if we carry on the way we're going they are even more out of touch than even I thought.

The number of young kids going to games today is lower than it's ever been. Two main reasons imo are the ready availability of top class football on the box and, of course, the cost of travel and tickets. Most people of a certain age first caught the football bug by going to matches and developed our passion for our particular clubs by actually watching them play. That is no longer the case.

The major clubs are the ones today's kids want to watch. I live in what has always been predominantly Arsenal & Spurs territory (Welwyn Garden City) but today when Mrs W insists I accompany her to the town centre I see more Real Madrid and Barcelona shirts than I do Spurs or Arsenal ones. Because the kids can watch every game they play on the box. They don't give a monkeys about the clubs, like ours, who are there just making up the numbers. They will follow the clubs who are successful. It's just the way things are. And if the dwarf doesn't realise it he's an even bigger arsehole than I believe him to be.

Which I have to say is something of an achievement. :roll:
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:44 pm

Blue nose. I'll give you a warning, watch your wallet when close to your manager.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

ticker

Re: G&S: " West Ham can win the Premier League AND the Champions League in the next five years"

Post by ticker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:13 pm

More like league two,league one and the championship we are in free fall
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:08 am

h69 wrote:True enough but then our last owners nearly put us out of business and only them and Tony Fernandez offered to buy us out.
Don't fall for the hype mate. The financial crisis was responsible for wiping out Gudmundsson's wealth but, trust me, there was never any danger of the club going out of business. Tony Fernandes and Pinky & Perky were by no means the only interested parties. No major football club (and I think we can still call ourselves that) has EVER gone out of business in this country. But of course the press always give us the "so and so FC are hours from extinction" crap and the gullible always swallow it. FFS Chelsea were supposedly "minutes" from going out of business until the Russians rode into town, but trust me, it doesn't work like that in the real world.

Sullivan's spin tried to fool people into thinking that:.
a) They bought the club because they are fans
b) They were the only show in town
And a number of people bought into the hype. However, over time, most have now woken up and not just smelt the coffee but drunk a few cups as well. ;)

Of course had someone else bought the club none of us have any idea how it would have been run. Better, worse, or the same old shambles that it has always been. We'll never know.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

H4L

Post by H4L » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:04 am

Gonzo wrote:They have money too but it seems that they are saving it for a new manager to spend in January . . . . . it's ridiculous convoluted thinking that could prove very fucking costly
I was thinking the same as you Gonz but it has come down to the fact that they are out of their depth, incompetent and totally lacking in forsight. The pressure was on and they have frozen like Rabbits the headlights. I now expect buck passing, shameless interviews in the press stating predictable and cliched nonesense about how football is out of control.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:48 am

Gonzo wrote:I'm still slightly deluded and think something might happen because my pea sized brain can't fathom that successful businessmen could be this incompetent
They are though mate that's the reality.
They've been doing this since the Brum days so clearly think it's the right way to do their business.

Gold must be fairly high up on the Celebrity Death List and my romantic side thought he might want to go out with a "bang" as such.
Not a chance........ he's thinking about paying the vicar for his own funeral service.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Baddowhammer

Re: G&S: " West Ham can win the Premier League AND the Champions League in the next five years"

Post by Baddowhammer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:24 am

Pipe smurf wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Hello Mate.

I don't take any notice of them.

I don't like or dislike them but with them in charge we're normal Premier era West Ham. I.e. mainly 12th-16th, occasionally top ten and occasionally relegated.

We could have better chairman but we could have so much worse.

People say "Ask Birmingham fans what they think of The Dave's"

:D

Just ignore them. Live for today. Exist in the moment. Hug a stranger. I love you....
I do all of these things except I do not love you.

I just want us to be run like a proper club and if Gold and Sullivan can not support us more than that then they should sell up to someone who can, they would gain alot of respect for that.
The problem there,is look at who they sold Birmingham to,and look where they are,that's the sort of corruption they will sell us to if forced out. COYI
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:59 am

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:True enough but then our last owners nearly put us out of business and only them and Tony Fernandez offered to buy us out.
Don't fall for the hype mate. The financial crisis was responsible for wiping out Gudmundsson's wealth but, trust me, there was never any danger of the club going out of business. Tony Fernandes and Pinky & Perky were by no means the only interested parties. No major football club (and I think we can still call ourselves that) has EVER gone out of business in this country. But of course the press always give us the "so and so FC are hours from extinction" crap and the gullible always swallow it. FFS Chelsea were supposedly "minutes" from going out of business until the Russians rode into town, but trust me, it doesn't work like that in the real world.

And a number of people bought into the hype. However, over time, most have now woken up and not just smelt the coffee but drunk a few cups as well. ;)

Of course had someone else bought the club none of us have any idea how it would have been run. Better, worse, or the same old shambles that it has always been. We'll never know.
I am sure there were other 'interested parties' but none of them actually put up though so I put that down as no other offers. I am not even convinced Tony Fernandez would have paid that money.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:00 pm

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I am sure there were other 'interested parties' but none of them actually put up though so I put that down as no other offers. I am not even convinced Tony Fernandez would have paid that money.

Fernandes was just desperate to jump on the football bandwagon at the time and, like Sullivan & Gold, declared his "love" for West Ham. His regime at QPR reminded me of how the idiot Magnusson carried on, with Gudmundsson's money, the only difference being was that Fernandes was spending his own :D

I hear what you're saying about offers actually on the table but I can assure you there were at least two future bidders, one US led and one underwritten by Russian energy company Lukoil. However the dwarf and his glove puppet tied the deal up early doors, my understanding being that Straumur wanted a quick deal rather than a long drawn out process.
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:14 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:

Fernandes was just desperate to jump on the football bandwagon at the time and, like Sullivan & Gold, declared his "love" for West Ham. His regime at QPR reminded me of how the idiot Magnusson carried on, with Gudmundsson's money, the only difference being was that Fernandes was spending his own :D

I hear what you're saying about offers actually on the table but I can assure you there were at least two future bidders, one US led and one underwritten by Russian energy company Lukoil. However the dwarf and his glove puppet tied the deal up early doors, my understanding being that Straumur wanted a quick deal rather than a long drawn out process.
Whisky,

I'm not calling you a liar or having a dig but do you have any links or more info on these other bidders?
0 x

Social Media