A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: G&S: " West Ham can win the Premier League AND the Champions League in the next five years"

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:03 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:52 am
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:51 am

A ha! It's all coming out now isn't it. Whiskey's been cavorting with the enemy.
I suspect there was animals involved in the debauchery, frolicking with tutu wearing midgets and no doubt sexual dalliances with yaks and alpaca's to boot!
At least my parties involve a certain amount of foreplay with a butch tattooed wench with hands like pat Jennings and some root chewing, beforehand. But be fucked would I let that little dwarf cunt near my botty, business or no business. But no the cats out of the bag now whiskey, I'm very disappointed and somewhat saddened by this news.
You’ve forgotten to mention the entire Basildon Boys Brigade troop and the committee of the Theydon Bois Women’s Institute who were also involved. ;)

But sadly I must dispel the rumour. I would no doubt have ended up much wealthier if I had been in the same line of business as the vertically challenged one.
I never doubted you for a minute my depraved friend.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

h69

Re: G&S: " West Ham can win the Premier League AND the Champions League in the next five years"

Post by h69 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Pipe smurf wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:12 pm
hd1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Villa outspent everyone, as Fulham did last season. That went well. Wolves spent very little last season, they had most players on loan which is why they spent big this year.

You would rather we spent money we didn't have? Like Portsmouth, Sunderland, Leeds....

Connected to the owners? Behave your fucking self :lol:

Just out of interest, point me in the direction where either of G&S said that once we moved we would be spending £100m a year, or outspending every other team?

They didn´t say that exactly but they said we would be competing with the top 6, champions league in 5 years etc.

If they would be serious in doing that they would at least complete the squad not leaving it with glaring holes in it like I said to Whiskeyman, if they would have been serious they would have at least spent properly on a DM/CM and a left back before the window closed!
Net spend is interesting because it takes into account what you sell and up to now we have always bought players at the end of their contracts and so had little sell on value. Going forward, I expect that to change given the younger players we have now that Pelle has changed our policy so that may make our net spend go down if anything.

That said, looking at spend...I think over the last 10 years we have spent about what I would expect for a club in our position.
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 14.31.31.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 14.31.31.png (396.51 KiB) Viewed 684 times
5 years to get to the CL was wishful thinking because some of the other clubs have extremely rich owners now...Everton, Wolves and Villa for 3 but competing to get to the top 6 is much closer now than 5 years ago. Its possible and though I want to see a B2B MF brought in, for me it needs to be someone of 30-40m quality in order to make a real difference or you end up getting an Obiang or a Sanchez and while it helps, it does not elevate you. We made that mistake up front with Perez last season but decided to get quality this season.

And I think I posted before somewhere the difference between us now and 5 years ago as below and that means we are generally on the right track but it takes a fair bit of time. Even with loads of money it took Man City a while.

0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

IronsForever

Re: A quite a few Birmingham fans did warn us about Sullivan and Gold

Post by IronsForever » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:10 pm

Also in their defense they are paying decent wages to attract players. Chico is on 140 a week. Would he have got 140 a week at his age at any other club?
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media