Joe Cole

Chat about anything football related here!
IRON-MAN ⚒

Joe Cole

Postby IRON-MAN ⚒ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Needs to comee back from the states [career over ] and help the young ones out i think he would do wonders,
just think he is the type we need, thoughts ? ;) :?
1 x
BA14 TO E13 SINCE 85. whufc_crest

CambridgeIron71

Re: Joe Cole

Postby CambridgeIron71 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Yup good shout. Someone needs to unleash the reins a little.
0 x
Pretty bubbles in the air.

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 pm

He's loving it here. I'm moving to within 2 miles of the Tampa Bay Rowdies ground next month so will be going to games.

He's the captain and playing excellently - although at 3rd division level.

But he lives in an amazing town.

This article has some mistakes but it's more about his life in Florida

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/sun-goal ... ta8bk1x78g
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:37 pm

Taansend wrote:He's loving it here. I'm moving to within 2 miles of the Tampa Bay Rowdies ground next month so will be going to games.

Sounds like he's happy good for him...but one mistake is unforgivable ......childhood club Chelsea......
1 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:56 pm

He actually grew up in Hornsey.My brother knew his Dad.He actually DJayed at Joe`s 21st Birthday,
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Taansend wrote:He's loving it here. I'm moving to within 2 miles of the Tampa Bay Rowdies ground next month so will be going to games.

Sounds like he's happy good for him...but one mistake is unforgivable ......childhood club Chelsea......

Yep.
1 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:59 am

terrya1965 wrote:He actually grew up in Hornsey.My brother knew his Dad.He actually DJayed at Joe`s 21st Birthday,

Quite right Tel , and for that reason , wrongly , a lot of people always had him down as a gooner .

Always has been a Chelsea nut though . He was in my eldest boys class for a while , before he was packed off to Lilleshall I believe.
2 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:29 am

Newmarket wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:He actually grew up in Hornsey.My brother knew his Dad.He actually DJayed at Joe`s 21st Birthday,

Quite right Tel , and for that reason , wrongly , a lot of people always had him down as a gooner .

Always has been a Chelsea nut though . He was in my eldest boys class for a while , before he was packed off to Lilleshall I believe.

correct tim big chelsea fan along with his step dad
1 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

JayK

Postby JayK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 am

He was a great footballer and a joy to watch. He doesn't come across as the smartest of individuals though. With that thought in mind, I would keep him away from teaching
1 x
COYI!!!

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:56 am

I think it's always difficult for those who are blessed with natural gifts to try and coach/teach people who are less talented.

Frank Lampard for example worked and trained himself into the the player he is. I was watching and interview with Eddie Hearn the other day and he was at the same school as Frank. He said that even as a kid he was training after school and doing shuttle runs and repetition drills.

Someone like Lampard would know exactly what it takes to make it as a player through training and could impart that onto young lads (although I'm not suggesting as a West Ham coach but it's an example).

Joe Cole was a naturally gifted lad who had that ability to think quickly and do something with the ball that was not necessarily coached but he'd been doing since he was 5 years old in the garden.

Gazza, Maradona, Best, Marsh or whoever could do what they wanted with a football but I'm quite sure would wonder what the fuck was going on with a bunch of lads who struggled to dribble around some cones.

When Glenn Hoddle was England manager he was running freekick drills. I think it was Jamie Redknapp that told the story but Hoddle just could not fathom whey the players at his disposal could not regularly dispatch the dead-ball into the top corner. Apparently he did not coach them how to do it, he just curled three in himself and said "That's how it's done" then ditched the drill.

Anyway, I'd imagine that someone like Jack Collison who has had his career cut short and has done his coaching badges would have a lot more to offer than Cole.
5 x

Return to “Football Talk”