Thank You, Slaven

Chat about anything football related here!
WailinHammer

Re: Thank You, Slaven

Post by WailinHammer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:15 pm

whu wrote:He's a good man. Wanted to walk before now. Wasn't allowed. I wish him well ...
Whats with all this bullshit about him wanting to walk but not being allowed. No one can stop you from walking, you just hand in your papers and walk. what's your employer going to do - withhold your pay?
I liked him at first, he was really a breath of fresh air that first season but it's like people couldn't see the obvious flaws because 'he gets us', 'he's one of us'
He's stubborn and arrogant to the point of stupidity: loyalty to a backroom staff that obviously didn't know what they were doing. players unfit for over a season and absolutely nothing done about it, he couldn't see that, that's the one thing you can do, you might not be able to make players better but you can certainly make them fitter, square pegs round holes etc.
but that's alright because he's one of us, well, last time he left us for money and this time he stayed for money. that's the long and the short of it.
0 x

Broga81

Post by Broga81 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Clayton wrote:
Broga81 wrote:
Bilic signed Payet mate.

Also Bilic would always try and win games by putting strikers on when loosing or drawing, he went for it. The last 2 have been poor but he was as much responsible for our last season at Upton park as any other.
Sorry to disagree but he wouldnt always put on strikers , I remember him putting on defenders when we were losing .
At Upton Park he didnt do that many times mate.
0 x

Hammerwell2010

Post by Hammerwell2010 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Thanks for all your hard work and all the best for the future Slav ...... whufc_crest
0 x

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Yes thank you Slaven. You are a true gentleman and have held your dignity under a vast amount of pressure. But you are probably a better guitarist than a Premiere Leagje manager and you've shown very little passion, determination and grit in your press conferences and on the touch line. I will not be sorry to see the last of your signature shrug of the shoulders and resigned look in the technical area. I'm not sure of your relationship with a truly difficult and irratating David Sullivan but Ultimately you have failed us, the fans.
0 x

HammerJammer

Post by HammerJammer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:45 pm

WailinHammer wrote:
whu wrote:He's a good man. Wanted to walk before now. Wasn't allowed. I wish him well ...
Whats with all this bullshit about him wanting to walk but not being allowed. No one can stop you from walking, you just hand in your papers and walk. what's your employer going to do - withhold your pay?
Yes, and sue you into the bargain for anything that can be construed as the consequences of your breach of contract. If the loss of even a couple of points can be attributed to the ex-manager, then the cost could run to millions.

The contract was made for a fixed period, and can be enforced against either party in the event of premature termination without just cause. Alan Curbishley was compensated for losing the salary for his remaining months in the job, even though he quit for reasons attributable to the club.

This is not the same as chucking your staff badge at the manager of Tescos and telling to do her own cleanup on aisle 3.
0 x
Things go better without numbers.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Very best wishes to Slav in whatever he does.
Sad that he wasn't as good as we desperately hoped he'd be but we'll always have that final season at U.P.
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:00 pm

dignified and classy to the end

unlike our board who just had to throw this in to their statement

During the summer, the Board invested heavily signing the players Slaven believed would complete the squad he needed to push the Club back towards the level we had reached in his first season.

Invested heavily? £10m Nett you cunts

threw him under the bus on so many occasions

Thanks Slav
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:15 pm

Nice fella , that proved to be a shit football manager .

Sums it up nicely but the players AND the fucking board should be ashamed of themselves , disgraceful behaviour from both .

And if I hear or read anybody else giving Bilic the credit for signing Payet I'm going to stick his John Thomas in a flowery bap and shout DINNER TIME FIDO :twisted:
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

WailinHammer

Post by WailinHammer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:31 pm

HammerJammer wrote:
WailinHammer wrote:
Yes, and sue you into the bargain for anything that can be construed as the consequences of your breach of contract. If the loss of even a couple of points can be attributed to the ex-manager, then the cost could run to millions.

The contract was made for a fixed period, and can be enforced against either party in the event of premature termination without just cause. Alan Curbishley was compensated for losing the salary for his remaining months in the job, even though he quit for reasons attributable to the club.

This is not the same as chucking your staff badge at the manager of Tescos and telling to do her own cleanup on aisle 3.
1)Don't confuse me with logical argument and the consequences of breach of contract
and 2)who's spreading this rumour that i walked out on Tesco, i left by mutual consent
and 3) I was NEVER the cleaner.
0 x

ticker

Post by ticker » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:42 pm

I was hoping it would work out for Slav and that he could turn it round,but he just had to be put out of his misery and really felt for the fans what they've had to endure with a few fleeting victories.BFS gave us stability but the football became horrendous,Slav came in a great first season our last at the Boleyn.Hail a new era the London stadium beckoned with promises that were soon to be broken players unrest,fans unrest the football becoming dire no pace no flair sub standard players bought in European excursions a joke,then two home hidings by Brighton and Liverpool only met with a cup victory sandwiched in between....Slav was gone,now a list of some quality names was bandied about from Koeman,Ancelotti,Hiddink and I think Tuchel but who do we get effing Moyes...I'm not holding my breath but I hope he proves us wrong because if we do go down its going to be a bloody long road back.
0 x

Social Media