Thank You, Slaven

Chat about anything football related here!
Shortshanks

Re: Thank You, Slaven

Post by Shortshanks » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:43 pm

I wish him well but when he picked that team for the last 3 games he was inviting trouble and he got it big time. It sounds like the owners are living in a fantasy world if they think we have a talented squad. We have some talented players but the squad as a whole is certainly not talented.
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Good luck Slav!
Unfortunately you have looked lost on that touchline for a while now.But the players are as much to blame as you are.
The board did not help you one bit with there comments since day one.God help us. :(
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:16 pm

I imagine the players waved him goodbye,like a driver might a friendly bus...waving it ahead

Astonished he found it so difficult really. Get the players fit,play the ones who try,use the talent in the under 23's...

Always a shame to see a decent man beaten and broken..."and all that..." as Slaven liked to say. "..we conceded a sloppy goal and all that..."

...but it was regrettably for the best. Regrettably,because he should have left with defiance and principles intact - but he didn't. Hard to judge his actual managerial input because of the Dimiti Payet effect - brilliant with him,rather less so without.

He is certainly richer for the experience - so that's all good then...
0 x

JayK

Post by JayK » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks Slav for one, good, memorable season. The rest was shit. Nice guy, bad manager. Unfortunately not gonna be replaced with anything better
0 x
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:28 pm

How about an apology from him and his staff for turning us into a fucking atrocious pub team.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 pm

Whatever you say about the last 16 months,nobody will ever forget the first season.

All them fantastic Away wins at most of the big clubs.

It was the Officials that knocked us out of the FA Cup,that I think we could of won.Man Utd was so fortunate and lucky..Still pisses me off..Cheating bastards.

Who can forget him crying the last day at Upton Park,compared to that other c*nt Allardyce, who treated our club with apathy.

Yes,he had to go,but like a few I`m quite sad.Whatever you say,he was a humble man to the end.

Good l;uck Slav for the future.Like Zola,you are a decent fella.
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Wishing you all the success. :)

One great season, another OK and quite stressful at times. Kept us at mid table though.. All I can say is thank you for those 2 years... :) whufc_crest
0 x

H4L

Post by H4L » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:17 am

Good bye Slav. I wish it could have gone differently. Your first season at The Boleyn will forever be in my heart.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Was interesting to say the least... :lol:

Feels like a friend or family member emigrating,who you know you might never see again..
For a manager that I've disagreed with at times more than any other,part from BFS,can't
believe how much gonna miss him...very strange.
But if you disagree with someone its up to the other person to prove you wrong,
and you didn't Slav.

You had more than your fair share of shit to put up with,more than any other boss we've had.
we all know what that was, so wont bang on about it....
But Payet was massive I feel,can only liken it to,if we had lost Sir Trev all those years ago,would
have made a massive difference to our club,back then.

Gave us one of our best ever seasons,when it was a joy to watch West Ham,and you were
just a fingertip away from maybe moving the club to a higher level.

So Thank you Slaven,all the best..Top Bloke... :D

One of the many times I heard you speak about us,"Getting it"

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

Taranis

Post by Taranis » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:01 pm

terrya1965 wrote:Whatever you say about the last 16 months,nobody will ever forget the first season.

All them fantastic Away wins at most of the big clubs.

It was the Officials that knocked us out of the FA Cup,that I think we could of won.Man Utd was so fortunate and lucky..Still pisses me off..Cheating bastards.

Who can forget him crying the last day at Upton Park,compared to that other c*nt Allardyce, who treated our club with apathy.

Yes,he had to go,but like a few I`m quite sad.Whatever you say,he was a humble man to the end.

Good l;uck Slav for the future.Like Zola,you are a decent fella.
goodpost:)
0 x
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so...

Social Media