Thank You, Slaven

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Thank You, Slaven

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Decent guy,liked him...and all that.

Pressure was too much and in the end body language was defeatist.That's just stress and weeks of accumulation of crud.

When Antonio casually gifted Crystal Palace a present in the late 2-2, the manager dipped his head in recognition of his teams abject uselessness. He should have been seething with anger,eyes blazing at Antonio with murder in mind...

Big difference between tactical withdrawal and abject surrender. A lesson learnt is an extra pound in the pocket in the future.
0 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:25 pm

What Slaven should have done last summer was to get rid of Assistant Manager, all the coaches. He has only brought Chris Lewin the fitness coach.

If Slaven brought Irvine as Assistant Manager & Attacking Coach with Pearce as Defensive coach, Kinlay as Midfielder Coach, West Ham would have been a lot better now.

This is all Slaven weakness as if I was a West Ham manager, I would make sure all the staff coaching working hard and making our teams a lot better which is top target.
0 x

JayK

Post by JayK » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Ibbyham wrote:What Slaven should have done last summer was to get rid of Assistant Manager, all the coaches. He has only brought Chris Lewin the fitness coach.

If Slaven brought Irvine as Assistant Manager & Attacking Coach with Pearce as Defensive coach, Kinlay as Midfielder Coach, West Ham would have been a lot better now.

This is all Slaven weakness as if I was a West Ham manager, I would make sure all the staff coaching working hard and making our teams a lot better which is top target.
Don’t forget Chris’s brother Gary the physio :D
0 x
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Bilic suffered from the problem of wanting to be liked by the players. A recipe for disaster.

What we have now is a squad low on confidence, and although Moyes is working on fitness, old habits die hard.

Much as I didn't want him as manager, if he'd been appointed in the Summer we'd have more points on the board now however grim the football on offer.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:12 pm

palerider wrote:Bilic suffered from the problem of wanting to be liked by the players. A recipe for disaster.

What we have now is a squad low on confidence, and although Moyes is working on fitness, old habits die hard.

Much as I didn't want him as manager, if he'd been appointed in the Summer we'd have more points on the board now however grim the football on offer.
Don't bet on it
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:26 am

Even when he was at his lowest he never ducked the media. Classy guy that isn't managerial material but he will no doubt find his path in football, maybe as a pundit.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:30 am

IronsForever wrote:Even when he was at his lowest he never ducked the media. Classy guy that isn't managerial material but he will no doubt find his path in football, maybe as a pundit.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He's gone mate . Get over it :D
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:15 pm

According to the C&H, Redknapp quoted that the board sack Bilic too soon rather than giving him more times to turn it around. Redknapp should looked at himself and West Ham stat that the board gave Bilic time after the 3 defeat in August, gave him time again after the Brighton defeat and what Bilic give???? Still no performance improvement, players weren't happy with him and his coaching staff.

I felt the board should have given him the boot last summer as he did not change his coaching staff and he paid the price.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:59 pm

Well that's ok then .... :D
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:58 am

JayK wrote:
Ibbyham wrote:What Slaven should have done last summer was to get rid of Assistant Manager, all the coaches. He has only brought Chris Lewin the fitness coach.

Don’t forget Chris’s brother Gary the physio :D
Or a bloke named Gary Lewin head of medical,Dominic Rogan is Physio,and Eammon Swift fitness coach. COYI
0 x

Social Media