Tim Vickery talks Callieri

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammertime

Tim Vickery talks Callieri

Post by Hammertime » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:20 pm

Not a glowing report on talksport today. While admitting he was a good goal poacher, said he didn't posses speed, guile or physicality. Even rated Valencia better than him!

I usually trust this fella's opinion as he's well plugged into S. American football, but really hoping he's wrong on this one as he didn't think he'd do well against prem defenses.
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

BlackDiamond

Re: Tim Vickery talks Callieri

Post by BlackDiamond » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:27 pm

How very reassuring. I see Slaven didn't want to discuss possible striking options at the press conference.

Nobody ventured a question about Antonio continuing at RB and the rest of the session was meaningless guff. Most of the journo's are useless sycophants,so all a bit pointless,if you were wondering.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Put it this way, if you get picked to play for the argies at any level, you ain't shit.
I still think we should go for the likes of Berahino and benteke, but that said, I'll give calleri the benefit of the doubt for a few matches at least.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:Put it this way, if you get picked to play for the argies at any level, you ain't shit.
I still think we should go for the likes of Berahino and benteke, but that said, I'll give calleri the benefit of the doubt for a few matches at least.
He also said that the Argies almost didn't field a team for the Olympics as most of the clubs didn't release their players. So apparently it wasn't that hard a team to make !
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:49 pm

He should be playing tomorrow against Portugal, so we should have a little idea of what he's about. Hopefully he'll turn out alright.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Vickery claims that Callieri has little pace, no tricks, can't beat a man and won't stand up to the physical demands of the Prem. Find that hard to believe with what I've seen and his record. Well assuming he signs we will soon find out. One of the benefits of a loan is you haven't wasted much money if it goes tits up!
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Hammertime wrote:Not a glowing report on talksport today. While admitting he was a good goal poacher, said he didn't posses speed, guile or physicality. Even rated Valencia better than him!

I usually trust this fella's opinion as he's well plugged into S. American football, but really hoping he's wrong on this one as he didn't think he'd do well against prem defenses.
I met the bloke a few times when I lived in Rio and always read his posts.
He's pretty shit hot on on South American football.
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:11 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Hammertime wrote:Not a glowing report on talksport today. While admitting he was a good goal poacher, said he didn't posses speed, guile or physicality. Even rated Valencia better than him!

He's also a Spud
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Newmarket wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:
He's also a Spud
You're just bitter because he called your favourite player shite :lol:
0 x

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:22 pm

I don't know much about him to be honest, so I decided to check him out on YouTube.looked pretty mediocre on the one I saw, apart from a rabona...which was a surprise cos no one is shit on YouTube.
0 x

Social Media