Jonjo Shelvey

Chat about anything football related here!
Far West Hammer

Re: Jonjo Shelvey

Postby Far West Hammer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 am

If Rafa's coming to West Ham in the summer, we should offer him a quid for Matt Ritchie now as a test.

If that doesn't blow our budget for this window, that is.
2 x

whu

Postby whu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:04 am

a fit,focussed and mature shelvey would be a massive plus for us. i think we need to look beyond average foreign journeymen, for a change.

never lose sight of dressing room influence and I think he'd be massive here. i just can't see a very lively dressing room with carroll, ginge and noble being bit part players these days. who else is getting the banter rolling? obviously, with the way the club has gone, an interpreter will be needed for full banterisation.

and I don't want moyes beyond may but he won't be going anywhere if we stay up

apart from that, all good
1 x
Tell the truth or get out of our club - NO SURRENDER

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:16 am

I though Benitez has put a block on the deal on the basis that he won't sell to a fellow relegation candidate. Which means that if Shelvey goes anywhere it will be abroad. He's not good enough for the top 6 and the rest of us are competing with Newcastle to avoids the drop. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:24 am

Whiskyman wrote:I though Benitez has put a block on the deal on the basis that he won't sell to a fellow relegation candidate. Which means that if Shelvey goes anywhere it will be abroad. He's not good enough for the top 6 and the rest of us are competing with Newcastle to avoids the drop. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

i am genuinely amused. I was going to say similar the other day but couldn't be arsed in the end
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

hamz

Postby hamz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Whiskyman wrote:I though Benitez has put a block on the deal on the basis that he won't sell to a fellow relegation candidate. Which means that if Shelvey goes anywhere it will be abroad. He's not good enough for the top 6 and the rest of us are competing with Newcastle to avoids the drop. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

i posted about this before... dodgy reporting, benitez was talking about blocking pending loans for their 2 youth keepers since their starter elliot got injured.

shelvey will go if they can get in a striker, they need funds and can't seem to get interest for anyone else, currently in central midfield they have merino, hayden, colback, diame plus saivet..

they are so weak in their attacking third benitez has little choice but to weaken his midfield
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:19 pm

As Ashley is still owner of Newcastle if he wants the money,I don't think Benitez will have any say. COYI
0 x

hamz

Postby hamz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:05 am

benitez on shelvey

hinted at our bid and re-iterated that they'll need a player in before considering the move
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 am

Baddowhammer wrote:

As Ashley is still owner of Newcastle if he wants the money,I don't think Benitez will have any say. COYI

Probably not. But he could walk if overruled. Which could set off an interesting chain of events. Imo Ashley is more interested in selling the club and trousering the profit and he will get a lot less should they drop down into the Championship. Ashley is very fortunate to have a top quality manager and, whilst he may be a number of things, stupid isn't one of them.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:38 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:

Probably not. But he could walk if overruled. Which could set off an interesting chain of events. Imo Ashley is more interested in selling the club and trousering the profit and he will get a lot less should they drop down into the Championship. Ashley is very fortunate to have a top quality manager and, whilst he may be a number of things, stupid isn't one of them.

I think Ashley will sell but when he's filched what he can,I don't think he cares what Benitez says.COYI
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”