Jonjo Shelvey

Chat about anything football related here!
LDesign

Re: Jonjo Shelvey

Postby LDesign » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:16 pm

I firmly believe West Ham should make Jonjo a priority signing. Although he has a "Nastiness" about him and prone in getting yellow cards, I feel his set-piece play, long ball distribution and goal threat from outside the box could be vital in the club improving in the league. He can be considered a more attacking midfielder rather than a holding midfielder who will link up well with the wingers and strikers to contribute goals.

He's a West Ham boy, Despite being born in Romford, he grew up in Tilbury and has been a fan all his life. With the support of his fellow fans, he could become a cult/legend at the club in the mould of Dicks & Parker.

I have a feeling Benitez is blocking the move because he wants the West Ham job in the summer. Jonjo at Newcastle isn't getting played up there and the two don't get along, so why would he want to work with a player in 6 months time who he doesn't get on with now. If Rafa has the option, he would rather sell him to any other club than West Ham or send him out on loan with the option to buy in the summer (depending on what manager is in charge)
1 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:35 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
hamz wrote:
dodgy reporting, he blocked loan moves for 2 of their young goalkeepers due to elliots injury, they only have darlow now, wont sanction loan moves until they get in a new keeper

don't think it has anything to do with our move for shelvey, they need money for a striker, in midfield they have merino, hayden and diame and some hopeless french kid

https://www.footballinsider247.com/repo ... -decision/

not sure why we aren't doing a straight swap for sakho, benetiz must not be keen, would be a good deal all round

They would love Sakho up there and he'd feel like the main man.

Win win.

Sakho is OUR best striker at the club,but it`s obvious he wants out.A real shame really.

Certainly the one best suited to Moyes tactics Terry mate.
0 x

deanox

Postby deanox » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Gonzo wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
They would love Sakho up there and he'd feel like the main man.

Win win.

Sakho is OUR best striker at the club,but it`s obvious he wants out.A real shame really.

Certainly the one best suited to Moyes tactics Terry mate.

one word for Sakho....CUNT, what skill has he shown in the last two seasons the lazy sicknote cunt.
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Sakho to Palace? A team around us in the relegation battle. i am genuinely amused. Yeah why not help them out!!
At 29 i can't see Chico staying around either !! Was never going to fit into our system and we haven't the offensive players to allow him to be that fox around the box.He is on 140 grand a week?? No point keeping him.
Last edited by IronsForever on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:24 pm

IronsForever wrote:Sakho to Palace? A team around us in the relegation battle. i am genuinely amused. Yeah why not help them out!!

Haven't we already done that once this season
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:10 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
IronsForever wrote:Sakho to Palace? A team around us in the relegation battle. i am genuinely amused. Yeah why not help them out!!

Pre -season.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:03 pm

IronsForever wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:

Pre -season.

Oh I dunno , Antonio done his best for them only the other week .

& fuck Shelvey . Just cos he’s an Essex boy & childhood Hammer it don’t make him any good .

And even if he is any good he ain’t a no.10 and he ain’t a DM and we need both .
We don’t need Shelvey .
2 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:19 pm

LDesign wrote:I have a feeling Benitez is blocking the move because he wants the West Ham job in the summer. Jonjo at Newcastle isn't getting played up there and the two don't get along, so why would he want to work with a player in 6 months time who he doesn't get on with now.

Interesting theory but imo Benitez wouldn't touch us with the proverbial barge pole. If he leaves Newcastle, where apparently he is highly regarded by the fans, it will be because he isn't given the funds he desperately needs to strengthen what is basically a championship side. I repeat, because he is not given the funds. Therefore, iconic transport links notwithstanding-----------
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Vladnar

Postby Vladnar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:36 pm

he's not letting shelvey go cos he's coming to west ham and doesn't want him here when he come....NO....thats absurd...we'll have moysie here for 20 years get used to it...honest like.

V
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Vladnar wrote:he's not letting shelvey go cos he's coming to west ham and doesn't want him here when he come....NO....thats absurd...we'll have moysie here for 20 years get used to it...honest like.

V

THATS what’s absurd ?

Ffs ..... :roll: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”