3 to go down.

Chat about anything football related here!
grandad

3 to go down.

Postby grandad » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:59 am

I have a little more faith now we will stay up

It's going to be hard and not pretty

But my 3 to go are.

Swansea
Huddersfield
Brighton.

Southampton and Newcastle in free fall also
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Porterman

Re: 3 to go down.

Postby Porterman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 am

There are so many teams down there who look as if they cannot buy a goal far less a win and although we dont exactly look as if we have got a barrowload in us you have to hope that with Antonio up top and hopefully Chico finding form (net) and Arnie hopefully ready to chip in with more we SHOULD be ok (but its no given).

Think Swansea look pretty weak and think the number of games/small pool will hit Brighton hard (though they dont let many in).

Huddersfield are plowing manfully on but think will run out of legs and WBA look shaky (at best).

Stoke will bludgoen enough points (partricularly at home) but newcastle are looking weaker and weaker by the game and if they dont strengthen (particularly up front) it will be a long second half of the season for them.

Think Soton (despite last nights terrible result) will have too much in the tank to be in real danger.

So Swansea, Brighton and one from Huddersfield/Newcastle and WBA for me.

Huddersfield if pushed.
0 x

Ibbyham

Postby Ibbyham » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:49 am

Hard to tell and I fully expect Swansea manager to get the sack by the New Year and get a new manager but whether he will save the club remain to be seen.

Very tight at the bottom and by April will find out who 3 going down.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 am

Like Gramps I think we'll be okay.

Swansea aside the others are tougher to call. Usually there are clearly crap teams but Huddersfield, Brighton & Palace all seem to have the ability to get points.

As ever the teams with goal scorers will have a slight advantage but I think it's going down to the last day unlike the title.

Stoke
Brighton
Swansea
0 x

scimmy

Postby scimmy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:55 am

For me its;
Swansea
Stoke
Newcastle
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:09 am

Still too early to say, lots can change. A month ago you'd have said we were certs.

But on current form, Swansea, Newcastle and West Brom, Stoke not far in front.

I'd say if Mike Ashley doesn't get the takeover across the line in time to get funds for the transfer window it doesn't look good. West Brom haven't won since August and don't score. Swansea are just crap.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:27 am

For those who enjoy a bet you can get 16-1 on Southampton. That's a decent shout imo as I think they will be there or thereabouts at the death.

Pissed myself last night seeing Puel, who took them to 8th, FUCKING EIGTH, and got sacked take his new team there and give them a football lesson. Who was it said be careful what you wish for.

And if they do drop we could do worse than relieve them of the services of Dusan Tadic.

Realistically though I'm going for Swansea, Huddersfield and West Brom. But I'd prefer to see the back of Palace, Stoke and fucking Bournemouth.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

JayK

Postby JayK » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:30 am

Swansea
Stoke
Huddersfield

Like the Pale one said, if Ashley don’t sort his shit out with the sale then I would put Newcastle in that bottom 3. Prob in place of Stoke unfortunately. Would much rather see them, Hughes and Shawcross fuck off
0 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 am

Swansea,Stoke and Newcastle but I'd love to see Palace go. COYI
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:42 am

palerider wrote:Still too early to say, lots can change. A month ago you'd have said we were certs.

But on current form, Swansea, Newcastle and West Brom, Stoke not far in front.

I'd say if Mike Ashley doesn't get the takeover across the line in time to get funds for the transfer window it doesn't look good. West Brom haven't won since August and don't score. Swansea are just crap.

I agree with you.There will be so many ups and downs.Look at it after the January window and you will no more.For example,will Newcastle have new owners,who will go out and spend.If they don`t,I think they will go.

If I had to put my neck on the line right now,Swansea,Huddersfield and Newcastle.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”