Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby garnett » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:15 am

Morning,
Well, judging by the lack of activity, it seems all is well in E20.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:33 am

garnett wrote:Morning,

I think comments from Moyes has dampened the little enthusiasm that was remaining
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 am

redhammer wrote:
garnett wrote:Morning,

I think comments from Moyes has dampened the little enthusiasm that was remaining

I suppose it's the eternal hope that's in every fan but it's the same every year. Agents leak stuff to the media to get more money for their clients, in a lot of cases just to improve an arrangement with their current club.

And to sell papers, or in Sky's case, adverts, the media drip fake news out. West Ham have always been a butt of that, even before Statler and Waldorf.

But it's clear that until they bugger-off into the sunset, no serious money (in today's climate), will be spent.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Flairon wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:We've got to be the only team that potentially gets rid of it's two best strikers in a relegation battle, fucking bizarre.
Going forward, my arse. They'd sell their mother for a pound note, dirty shitcunts.

Out of interest, are you saying Sakho and Hernandez are our two best strikers?

Yes I'd say sakho on his day is our best striker and if played in the right system little pea is probably one of the best poachers in the league.
That's not to say I wouldn't give either one a slap for their attitudes but there are reasons behind their attitudes while being at our club, especially sakho. He's seen other strikers at our club being paid two or three times his wages, i.e. Sicknote Carroll and as mentioned little pea.
You only have to look at the Shrewsbury match to see just how lost little pea is in our system, when clearly what's needed is a payet to supply him.
Like I say I hate their attitudes but these players do score goals when utilised in the proper way.

Or 2 fast wingers to get around the back to supply opportunities for him. Do not however agree that Sakho is our best striker. To coin a phrase, Carroll is on his day unplayable. It is also a tad harsh to only refer to Carroll as sicknote, given Sakho's injury record.
1 x
Flairon

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 pm

ToneLoc wrote:This is the one and only post I’ll make on this thread and it’s a rant.
Had it with these hopeless, hapless, cheap-minded, under-cutting, timewasting, laughing-stock inducing, charlatans masquerading as serious “football people” with a serious footballing agenda.... :i am genuinely amused:

Their strategy is as transparent as a glass box filled with oxygen, as predictable as a turkey curry on Boxing Day and as effective as a Jerusalem pig-farmer (yes that’s about as good as I can ad-lib).

I’ll wait for you over on the “done deals” thread but I won’t be holding my breath.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/praise-t ... in-israel/
1 x
Flairon

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Flairon wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Flairon wrote:
Out of interest, are you saying Sakho and Hernandez are our two best strikers?

Yes I'd say sakho on his day is our best striker and if played in the right system little pea is probably one of the best poachers in the league.
That's not to say I wouldn't give either one a slap for their attitudes but there are reasons behind their attitudes while being at our club, especially sakho. He's seen other strikers at our club being paid two or three times his wages, i.e. Sicknote Carroll and as mentioned little pea.
You only have to look at the Shrewsbury match to see just how lost little pea is in our system, when clearly what's needed is a payet to supply him.
Like I say I hate their attitudes but these players do score goals when utilised in the proper way.

Or 2 fast wingers to get around the back to supply opportunities for him. Do not however agree that Sakho is our best striker. To coin a phrase, Carroll is on his day unplayable. It is also a tad harsh to only refer to Carroll as sicknote, given Sakho's injury record.

Carroll is on his day unplayable I agree. And probably the best header of a football in the entire league, but my point Flair is he's getting well paid for his limited appearances, whereas Sakho is not. The gap between wages is enormous.
To top it all he then has to put up with Hernandez coming in on more money than Carroll!
I'm not sticking up for the sulky fuck, but he does have a point.
What grieves me the most is the fact that we're prepared to offload him to Crystal Palace, a side whose resources surely can't match ours. I could understand it if it were any of the top sides, but Palace, really!
But never mind mate, peter crouch,should be available when Stoke go down. :lol:
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Flairon wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:

Carroll is on his day unplayable I agree. And probably the best header of a football in the entire league, but my point Flair is he's getting well paid for his limited appearances, whereas Sakho is not. The gap between wages is enormous.
To top it all he then has to put up with Hernandez coming in on more money than Carroll!
I'm not sticking up for the sulky fuck, but he does have a point.
What grieves me the most is the fact that we're prepared to offload him to Crystal Palace, a side whose resources surely can't match ours. I could understand it if it were any of the top sides, but Palace, really!
But never mind mate, peter crouch,should be available when Stoke go down. :i am genuinely amused:

And he can still do a job for someone..
0 x
Flairon

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Meanwhile, West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady has admitted that the club are struggling to attract players of the highest quality.

The Hammers have signed some very good players in recent years, such as striker Javier Hernandez, but the London club have not attracted the very top footballers.

Brady wrote in the Sun: “One problem for a team in our position is that to attract the highest-calibre players, we need the promise of big things to come.
“It’s a promise we intend to keep — but, for today, we shall have to delay being Barcelona.”
:lol: :lol:
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:06 am

Amazing how we start banging in goals when the Jan transfer window opens. Carrol took off this time last year. Dildo's wont mind at all.Even if they offload 2 strikers i bet they dont replace them in this window.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:24 am

There’s such a lack of activity in this window that journo’s (if you can call em that ffs) are making up even more than usual

Now as much as I wouldn’t mind too much if this actually happened , spot the deliberate , and rather embarrassing , mistake from this wanker ....

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/13/re ... l-antonio/
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Return to “Football Talk”