Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
ticker

Re: Transfer window thread

Post by ticker » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:48 am

Is lascelles coming in as Balbuena may not get a work permit or is this another good addition to the squad that’s if we get him
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
thomasswe wrote:If the romours about lescalles are true i doubt balbuena is coming, surely we dont need to sign 3 CBs.

personally im much more exited about balbuena
Could be they're sounding out Newcastle in case Balbuena has a work permit issue.
He only has 7 caps for Paraguay since 2015.
Given they're outside the top 30, and Balbuena is unlikely to automatically qualify, he'd need to have played 75% of Paraguay's games over a fixed period.

Depending on how Pellegrini sees things we might still look short, or lacking PL experience, at CB.
Starting Diop and Balbuena would be a risk. Reid's injuries make him unreliable, Rice will probably play as a holding DM, that just leaves Ogbonna.

Hard to imagine we'd sign two wingers for £60m and two centre-backs for £50m. Or are we City, are we City, are we City in disguise? Are we City in disguise? ;)
I see what you're saying but...Yeah...No. No we're not. City have just spent £60M on a player who'll struggle to get in the matchday squad let alone the starting XI! :lol: There's free spending and then there's Manchester City's idea of free spending! :lol:
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Danielvdean

Post by Danielvdean » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 pm

With the Reid injury (maybe 9 months) and the lack of work permit so far for Balbuana (sp) i think that another CB is a certainty.
Mawson must be back in the frame now, i can't see the Geordies selling Lascelles.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:50 am

h69 wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote: I've seen some of the Chelsea targets Jorginho,and Higuain let's hope Anderson isn't one.COYI
I believe he is inbound to West Ham as we speak.
Monday is announcement day according to C&H,and the deal will probably end up at around the £50m mark with fees and guaranteed add ons.COYI
0 x

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 am

h69 wrote:
Flairon wrote:Would you consider this to be a successful transfer window thus far?

With 5 players signed already with the potential for at least 2 more I would tentatively say that it has been(subject to how quickly they fit in and/or find their respective feet in the Premiership).

That being the case, do we have finally give some credit to the board? :o :i am genuinely amused:
Yes. I think this is successful. But the best acquisition has been Pellegrini and Husillos.

Investing nearly 100 million in the team.
Bringing in quality
Adding some pace to the side
Looking at younger players rather than has beens.
Buying early (by our standards)

They just need to sell a bit of the deadwood at the club and hopefully we can have a good season. I think the team may need a month or so to gel before we see the best of them.
I hope it is only dead wood that is sold because atm we are free spending,imagine Newcastle had said yeah with the Anderson deal on top that would have been £75m for just those 2,with Fabs,Diop and Andy Yarmolenko costing around £45-50m and still he has said he may want 1-2 more,I pray Arnie's not "already" sold,or any of our best players and there is no punch line.COYI
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:25 am

Baddowhammer wrote:
h69 wrote:
Yes. I think this is successful. But the best acquisition has been Pellegrini and Husillos.

Investing nearly 100 million in the team.
Bringing in quality
Adding some pace to the side
Looking at younger players rather than has beens.
Buying early (by our standards)

They just need to sell a bit of the deadwood at the club and hopefully we can have a good season. I think the team may need a month or so to gel before we see the best of them.
I hope it is only dead wood that is sold because atm we are free spending,imagine Newcastle had said yeah with the Anderson deal on top that would have been £75m for just those 2,with Fabs,Diop and Andy Yarmolenko costing around £45-50m and still he has said he may want 1-2 more,I pray Arnie's not "already" sold,or any of our best players and there is no punch line.COYI
Lets hope so mate
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:00 am

With the Lascelles deal a none starter we are now making a £20million move for Lyon enforcer Marcelo , I know nothing at all about this player but after the usual investigations he looks a good player .

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/07/blogs/ ... celo-move/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:31 am

Not for the 1st time but we are again rumoured to be in for 25 year old RB Cristiano Piccini .

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/m ... 30499.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:38 am

Clayton wrote:With the Lascelles deal a none starter we are now making a £20million move for Lyon enforcer Marcelo , I know nothing at all about this player but after the usual investigations he looks a good player .

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/07/blogs/ ... celo-move/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We have been linked with him all summer.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:07 pm

ticker wrote:Is lascelles coming in as Balbuena may not get a work permit or is this another good addition to the squad that’s if we get him
Sounds like this has been granted and he is also having a medical
0 x

Social Media