Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
ticker
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby ticker » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:48 am

Is lascelles coming in as Balbuena may not get a work permit or is this another good addition to the squad that’s if we get him
0 x

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby BillyDWhizz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
thomasswe wrote:If the romours about lescalles are true i doubt balbuena is coming, surely we dont need to sign 3 CBs.

personally im much more exited about balbuena


Could be they're sounding out Newcastle in case Balbuena has a work permit issue.
He only has 7 caps for Paraguay since 2015.
Given they're outside the top 30, and Balbuena is unlikely to automatically qualify, he'd need to have played 75% of Paraguay's games over a fixed period.

Depending on how Pellegrini sees things we might still look short, or lacking PL experience, at CB.
Starting Diop and Balbuena would be a risk. Reid's injuries make him unreliable, Rice will probably play as a holding DM, that just leaves Ogbonna.

Hard to imagine we'd sign two wingers for £60m and two centre-backs for £50m. Or are we City, are we City, are we City in disguise? Are we City in disguise? ;)


I see what you're saying but...Yeah...No. No we're not. City have just spent £60M on a player who'll struggle to get in the matchday squad let alone the starting XI! :i am genuinely amused: There's free spending and then there's Manchester City's idea of free spending! :i am genuinely amused:
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Danielvdean
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Danielvdean » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 pm

With the Reid injury (maybe 9 months) and the lack of work permit so far for Balbuana (sp) i think that another CB is a certainty.
Mawson must be back in the frame now, i can't see the Geordies selling Lascelles.
0 x

User avatar
Baddowhammer
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:00 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Baddowhammer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:50 am

h69 wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:I've seen some of the Chelsea targets Jorginho,and Higuain let's hope Anderson isn't one.COYI


I believe he is inbound to West Ham as we speak.

Monday is announcement day according to C&H,and the deal will probably end up at around the £50m mark with fees and guaranteed add ons.COYI
0 x

User avatar
Baddowhammer
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:00 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Baddowhammer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 am

h69 wrote:
Flairon wrote:Would you consider this to be a successful transfer window thus far?

With 5 players signed already with the potential for at least 2 more I would tentatively say that it has been(subject to how quickly they fit in and/or find their respective feet in the Premiership).

That being the case, do we have finally give some credit to the board? :o :i am genuinely amused:


Yes. I think this is successful. But the best acquisition has been Pellegrini and Husillos.

Investing nearly 100 million in the team.
Bringing in quality
Adding some pace to the side
Looking at younger players rather than has beens.
Buying early (by our standards)

They just need to sell a bit of the deadwood at the club and hopefully we can have a good season. I think the team may need a month or so to gel before we see the best of them.

I hope it is only dead wood that is sold because atm we are free spending,imagine Newcastle had said yeah with the Anderson deal on top that would have been £75m for just those 2,with Fabs,Diop and Andy Yarmolenko costing around £45-50m and still he has said he may want 1-2 more,I pray Arnie's not "already" sold,or any of our best players and there is no punch line.COYI
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2592
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby h69 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:25 am

Baddowhammer wrote:
h69 wrote:
Yes. I think this is successful. But the best acquisition has been Pellegrini and Husillos.

Investing nearly 100 million in the team.
Bringing in quality
Adding some pace to the side
Looking at younger players rather than has beens.
Buying early (by our standards)

They just need to sell a bit of the deadwood at the club and hopefully we can have a good season. I think the team may need a month or so to gel before we see the best of them.

I hope it is only dead wood that is sold because atm we are free spending,imagine Newcastle had said yeah with the Anderson deal on top that would have been £75m for just those 2,with Fabs,Diop and Andy Yarmolenko costing around £45-50m and still he has said he may want 1-2 more,I pray Arnie's not "already" sold,or any of our best players and there is no punch line.COYI


Lets hope so mate
0 x

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 2715
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Clayton » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:00 am

With the Lascelles deal a none starter we are now making a £20million move for Lyon enforcer Marcelo , I know nothing at all about this player but after the usual investigations he looks a good player .

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/07/blogs/ ... celo-move/
0 x

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 2715
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Clayton » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:31 am

Not for the 1st time but we are again rumoured to be in for 25 year old RB Cristiano Piccini .

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/m ... 30499.html
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2592
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby h69 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:38 am

Clayton wrote:With the Lascelles deal a none starter we are now making a £20million move for Lyon enforcer Marcelo , I know nothing at all about this player but after the usual investigations he looks a good player .

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/07/blogs/ ... celo-move/


We have been linked with him all summer.
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2592
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby h69 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:07 pm

ticker wrote:Is lascelles coming in as Balbuena may not get a work permit or is this another good addition to the squad that’s if we get him


Sounds like this has been granted and he is also having a medical
0 x


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests