Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Clayton wrote:
h69 wrote:Fabianski inbound I think !

Will he be our No1 more then likely ? , always rated him , think he is better then Adrian , cant see Adrian staying especially now , he will know hes really got competition now for the gloves . Back to square one , needing another keeper maybe Johnstone ?. Would have preferred someone like Pope but I can understand why we have taken the older route for now .

I would be much happier with Fabianski than I was with Hart.

Pope? Only had half a season's experience behind a very defensive team. Imo he'll be exposed when he's less well protected.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Towie

Postby Towie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Clayton wrote:
Will he be our No1 more then likely ? , always rated him , think he is better then Adrian , cant see Adrian staying especially now , he will know hes really got competition now for the gloves . Back to square one , needing another keeper maybe Johnstone ?. Would have preferred someone like Pope but I can understand why we have taken the older route for now .

Pope? Only had half a season's experience behind a very defensive team. Imo he'll be exposed when he's less well protected.

He has a nickname of flapianski for a reason.

Then again Hart has a lovely nickname from me Cuntchops.
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 am

Personally I dont see how bringing in Fabianski (33) benefits us in any way shape or form for the future , We have a No1 keeper in Adrian (31) a decent stopper already , who was put out by having Hart in the team . So why not dig into your pockets and get a young English/Homegrown keeper ( would help us out in the numbers game ) with potential who can fight to take that mantle away from Adrian , someone like Sam Johnstone (25) who already looks good enough to put Adrian out :shock: . And in the wings we have Nathan Trott who at 20 looks like the a dead cert to make it .
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 am

Clayton wrote:Personally I dont see how bringing in Fabianski (33) benefits us in any way shape or form for the future , We have a No1 keeper in Adrian (31) a decent stopper already , who was put out by having Hart in the team . So why not dig into your pockets and get a young English/Homegrown keeper ( would help us out in the numbers game ) with potential who can fight to take that mantle away from Adrian , someone like Sam Johnstone (25) who already looks good enough to put Adrian out :shock: . And in the wings we have Nathan Trott who at 20 looks like the a dead cert to make it .

I agree with you Clay , as you’d expect :D .

It’s all speculation on my part at the moment obviously but it concerns we about the lack of speculation re a DM tbh .

It’s been blatantly obvious for the last 4 windows that we need one but it’s worrying that all the transfer rumours are revolving around interest in relegated defenders/goalkeepers and attacking options even prior to the Lanzini injury yet no mention of anything in the DM department except for the usual 2 suspects .

If it’s true that Nigel has been watching us for months , and I don’t personally believe that , he will surely have twigged that one is required ?

Unless the system he intends to introduce won’t require one ?
Even Man Citeh play/played with 2 so what do we reckon Nigel’s thinking ?

I can’t believe he’s going to try & concert Zabaleta at his age or rely on young Rice at his ?
0 x

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 am

Newmarket wrote:
Clayton wrote:Personally I dont see how bringing in Fabianski (33) benefits us in any way shape or form for the future , We have a No1 keeper in Adrian (31) a decent stopper already , who was put out by having Hart in the team . So why not dig into your pockets and get a young English/Homegrown keeper ( would help us out in the numbers game ) with potential who can fight to take that mantle away from Adrian , someone like Sam Johnstone (25) who already looks good enough to put Adrian out :shock: . And in the wings we have Nathan Trott who at 20 looks like the a dead cert to make it .

It’s all speculation on my part at the moment obviously but it concerns we about the lack of speculation re a DM tbh .

It’s been blatantly obvious for the last 4 windows that we need one but it’s worrying that all the transfer rumours are revolving around interest in relegated defenders/goalkeepers and attacking options even prior to the Lanzini injury yet no mention of anything in the DM department except for the usual 2 suspects .

If it’s true that Nigel has been watching us for months , and I don’t personally believe that , he will surely have twigged that one is required ?

I can’t believe he’s going to try & concert Zabaleta at his age or rely on young Rice at his ?

IF, has been mooted in some papers, we're closing in on Mawson, could you see Rice doing the DM job ? (Assuming we offer the wages he wants of course). I'm not convinced with Mawson btw, but it seems closer than any DM we've been linked with.
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 am

Newmarket wrote:

Surprised we havnt really been linked with any DM's and one I mentioned the other day I was hoping we might of had a flutter with was a young Uruguayan by the name of Lucas Torreira (22) at Sampdoria who has or had a release clause of £22m but I think that Arsenal have put in a successful bid for him of £26m .
Cant see Pellegrini not playing with any DM's as his preferred system is 4-2-3-1 / 4-2-2-2 so he must have something up his sleeve . As for playing Zabs playing in midfield which I personally think is better for us then him at RB ( due to his lack of pace ) but it causes us other problems such as needing another fullback , unless Pellegrini is going to give Byram a chance . Prefer us to keep Rice as a CB he has all the attributes to be what Stones is suppose to have become and hasnt yet , but for me Rice looks the best young defender I have seen in my time , even better then Rio .Cant really comment on the young Bobby Moore as I only saw him play when I was 5 in 1961 so dont really have much memory of the occasion except that we won the game .
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 am

Ron Manager wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I agree with you Clay , as you’d expect :D .

IF, has been mooted in some papers, we're closing in on Mawson, could you see Rice doing the DM job ? (Assuming we offer the wages he wants of course). I'm not convinced with Mawson btw, but it seems closer than any DM we've been linked with.

Cant see Mawson being the answer , he wasnt at Swansea , unless someone sees something in him that I cant , bang average defender is what I see . Would much prefer to keep Rice at CB he has all the attributes to be great in that position .
But then again Pellegrini and his staff are the professionals and they have the history to back them when it comes to finding what teams need , and if what has been said is true , that he has been watching us from afar , they know what and who we need , just really surprised that we havnt been linked with any DM's yet , but we still have time , just a bit impatient I suppose .
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:10 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Clayton wrote:

Pope played 35 league games and 3 cup games for Burnley last year he also picked up player of the season and players player of the season.COYI
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:37 am

Baddowhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Pope played 35 league games and 3 cup games for Burnley last year he also picked up player of the season and players player of the season.COYI

Fair do's. I didn't think Heaton got injured that early in the season. I'll stand by my comments about Pope though.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Clayton wrote:

Pope 35 appearances Fabs 38 , 5th best keeper with 11 clean sheets Fabs 12th , top keeper with 57 high claims Fabs 2nd , 4th best keeper with sweeper clearances Fabs 17th .
Burnley may of been a defensive team but werent we , one of their wingers actually made the 5th most crosses in the premiership , and even had the 11th most assists and more shots on goal then any of ours , they even had more corners then we did . They even had more shots on goal then us , so not only were they better defensively but better going forward , just not as good as us in front of goal .
Our midfield of Kouyate and Noble made more tackles then any of theirs and Noble made more interceptions then any of their midfielders .
As far as their defense goes we made more tackles and interceptions then any of their defenders , the only stat their defense really out shone us and most other teams was in blocks made by their center pairing , both beating ogbonna by almost 20 each .
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”