Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Clayton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:28 pm

It appears that the manager approved the move for Lukasz Fabianski before leaving for his holiday in Chile , but will hand over his own list of targets when they return to London this week .
Pellegrini is in a hurry to assemble his squad for pre-season and will turn up the pressure on the board to get his chosen candidates on board.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-w ... r-targets/
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Clayton wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I would be much happier with Fabianski than I was with Hart.

Pope? Only had half a season's experience behind a very defensive team. Imo he'll be exposed when he's less well protected.

Pope 35 appearances Fabs 38 , 5th best keeper with 11 clean sheets Fabs 12th , top keeper with 57 high claims Fabs 2nd , 4th best keeper with sweeper clearances Fabs 17th .
Burnley may of been a defensive team but werent we , one of their wingers actually made the 5th most crosses in the premiership , and even had the 11th most assists and more shots on goal then any of ours , they even had more corners then we did . They even had more shots on goal then us , so not only were they better defensively but better going forward , just not as good as us in front of goal .
Our midfield of Kouyate and Noble made more tackles then any of theirs and Noble made more interceptions then any of their midfielders .
As far as their defense goes we made more tackles and interceptions then any of their defenders , the only stat their defense really out shone us and most other teams was in blocks made by their center pairing , both beating ogbonna by almost 20 each .

I'm not disputing Burnley's merits. All I am saying is that based on what I've seen of Pope I would have reservations. Fabianski was playing for a crap team last season so I wouldn't place too much emphasis on his stats tbh. He's obviously going to make more saves, and concede more goals, than a keeper playing in a better side. It's how Joe Hart got away with it for so long.

If we end up with Fabianski I think we'll have a decent goalkeeper, 2 if Adrian stays to compete with him although I doubt that will happen, and also a cheaper option than Pope who, because he's English will cost a lot more.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:04 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Clayton wrote:
Pope 35 appearances Fabs 38 , 5th best keeper with 11 clean sheets Fabs 12th , top keeper with 57 high claims Fabs 2nd , 4th best keeper with sweeper clearances Fabs 17th .
Burnley may of been a defensive team but werent we , one of their wingers actually made the 5th most crosses in the premiership , and even had the 11th most assists and more shots on goal then any of ours , they even had more corners then we did . They even had more shots on goal then us , so not only were they better defensively but better going forward , just not as good as us in front of goal .
Our midfield of Kouyate and Noble made more tackles then any of theirs and Noble made more interceptions then any of their midfielders .
As far as their defense goes we made more tackles and interceptions then any of their defenders , the only stat their defense really out shone us and most other teams was in blocks made by their center pairing , both beating ogbonna by almost 20 each .

I'm not disputing Burnley's merits. All I am saying is that based on what I've seen of Pope I would have reservations. Fabianski was playing for a crap team last season so I wouldn't place too much emphasis on his stats tbh. He's obviously going to make more saves, and concede more goals, than a keeper playing in a better side. It's how Joe Hart got away with it for so long.

If we end up with Fabianski I think we'll have a decent goalkeeper, 2 if Adrian stays to compete with him although I doubt that will happen, and also a cheaper option than Pope who, because he's English will cost a lot more.

My reservations concerning Fabs are nothing to do with his quality but the fact Adrian will not be happy so will want to leave , cant see him wanting to play second fiddle again , so we will be back to square one needing another keeper . I would just prefer a younger keeper in the 1st place so we dont have to go looking for another in a couple of years , not one older then what we have . Maybe we could get Johnstone from Man Utd to replace Adrian if possible , which would also assist our English/Homegrown quota and plus he is good enough to become No1 eventually , and with Trott waiting in the wings we should be ok for years to come . I dare say Pellegrini and the Hus have it covered .
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:20 pm

West Ham are continuing to talk to Swansea over a deal for central defender Alfie Mawson after being given the thumbs up by boss Manuel Pellegrini .

http://www.claretandhugh.info/pellegrin ... der-talks/

Not something I would like to happen , as I dont rate him at all , but what the fuck do I know .
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Clayton wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

My reservations concerning Fabs are nothing to do with his quality but the fact Adrian will not be happy so will want to leave , cant see him wanting to play second fiddle again , so we will be back to square one needing another keeper . I would just prefer a younger keeper in the 1st place so we dont have to go looking for another in a couple of years , not one older then what we have . Maybe we could get Johnstone from Man Utd to replace Adrian if possible , which would also assist our English/Homegrown quota and plus he is good enough to become No1 eventually , and with Trott waiting in the wings we should be ok for years to come . I dare say Pellegrini and the Hus have it covered .

Fabianski made the most successful saves in the European top 5 leagues. I agree that Pope is a bit of an unknown just yet but Burnley probably would not be looking to sell him but instead Heaton anyway (who is not half the keeper IMO)

We get a young keeper in as understudy ...... job done !
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:24 pm

h69 wrote:
Clayton wrote:

Fabianski made the most successful saves in the European top 5 leagues. I agree that Pope is a bit of an unknown just yet but Burnley probably would not be looking to sell him but instead Heaton anyway (who is not half the keeper IMO)

It appears H that we may be making a play for Sam Johnstone , according to reports from Ex-WHU Employee :roll: . Plus we may be making left-back Luke Shaw a target as well as first-team forward pair Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial on possible loan deals.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Clayton wrote:
h69 wrote:

It appears H that we may be making a play for Sam Johnstone , according to reports from Ex-WHU Employee :roll: . Plus we may be making left-back Luke Shaw a target as well as first-team forward pair Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial on possible loan deals.

That would be great if true but I cannot see Martial and Rashford both being let out on loan despite the way that Mourinho has treated them this season......we can hope. I really like Martial. Never forgot the way he scored those two goals for Man Utd vs us in the last game at UP
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm

h69 wrote:
Clayton wrote:

That would be great if true but I cannot see Martial and Rashford both being let out on loan despite the way that Mourinho has treated them this season......we can hope. I really like Martial. Never forgot the way he scored those two goals for Man Utd vs us in the last game at UP

Got to say I would be extremely happy with Johnstone as Fabs understudy , and to get Martial on loan hopefully with the option to buy would be a master stroke if they could pull it off . Though I like and rate Rashford highly I doubt very much we could get the same deal for him . As for Shaw , cant make my mind up , no denying he had talent and could be a decent acquisition , and he seems to be finding his feet again .
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Sky's normally mostly accurate Kaveh Solhekol saying it's pretty much nailed on we're signing Issa Diop. Don't know an awful lot about him but the kid looks an absolute beast! Barca, Le Arse, Spuds and Everton all circling, so If we can pull this one off it could be a real coup. I know you tube videos aren't much of a benchmark but his makes him look at least 10 times the player Mawson is! :lol:

0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:12 pm

Clayton wrote:West Ham are continuing to talk to Swansea over a deal for central defender Alfie Mawson after being given the thumbs up by boss Manuel Pellegrini .

http://www.claretandhugh.info/pellegrin ... der-talks/

Not something I would like to happen , as I dont rate him at all , but what the fuck do I know .

He plays like an enthusiastic Aryan Brotherhood apprentice...and won't suit the silk cut cloth of Manuel's football design.

...and the Polish goalkeeper looks like an on remand sex offender...comeon,we are seriously better than this
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”