Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby ToneLoc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:04 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Towie wrote:
I don’t know what the offers were even if we made an offer, neither do you. But if I know a club wants to sell a player I’m going to test the water with a low offer first.

I can see both points of view here. I'm sure we've all had insurance renewal quotes that we thought took the piss and when we've phoned up to cancel have been told let me see what I can do, and magically the quote is reduced. Often very significantly. You are right in saying you never lead with your best offer, but equally you have to be in the ballpark area. Or, like I'm sure we've all done to insurance companies, you get told to take a hike and are not seen as someone to do business with.

Good negotiation is a skilled art. Daniel Levy is very good at it apparently. We desperately need someone who is a good, skilled negotiator to take charge of transfer dealings, ins and outs, because frankly the dwarf has repeatedly shown he is unfit for that purpose.

Yep.
The dwarf applies a 'Petticoat Lane Market' approach to football transfer dealings. It's in his DNA, he just can't help himself and knows no other way.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:11 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Towie wrote:
I don’t know what the offers were even if we made an offer, neither do you. But if I know a club wants to sell a player I’m going to test the water with a low offer first.

I can see both points of view here. I'm sure we've all had insurance renewal quotes that we thought took the piss and when we've phoned up to cancel have been told let me see what I can do, and magically the quote is reduced. Often very significantly. You are right in saying you never lead with your best offer, but equally you have to be in the ballpark area. Or, like I'm sure we've all done to insurance companies, you get told to take a hike and are not seen as someone to do business with.

Good negotiation is a skilled art. Daniel Levy is very good at it apparently. We desperately need someone who is a good, skilled negotiator to take charge of transfer dealings, ins and outs, because frankly the dwarf has repeatedly shown he is unfit for that purpose.

I did a boot sale once. Never again, but I remember I got insulting offers for stuff which I refused out of hand. Some of the punters came back later with improved offers but I was so pissed off about the first one I made my mind up to not sell to them anyway. It's human nature.

I can see why Sullivan is hated.
2 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Yep.
The dwarf applies a 'Petticoat Lane Market' approach to football transfer dealings. It's in his DNA, he just can't help himself and knows no other way.

Understandable I guess. He made his fortune down in the sewers, presumably using a particular approach, and he appears to want to employ a similar style in his present venture.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Is it me or is this really Harry Enfield

2 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:57 pm

0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Fabianski inbound I think !
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:17 pm

h69 wrote:Fabianski inbound I think !

I don't know if that will help...good keeper..but I think Adrian will leave now with this signing and we will be back at square one wanting another keeper whether No1 or No2
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 pm

h69 wrote:Fabianski inbound I think !

Can't help but feel hugely underwhelmed by this, especially at a reported £7 Million for a 33 year old. He's an ok 'keeper but hardly next level. I suppose the massively overrated £20 million Mawson will be next. There are fucking reasons Swansea got relegated and Mawson was certainly one of them.
1 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Sullivan's problem isn't merely the lowball offers.
I remember a couple of windows ago the club made a huge deal about making £20m offers for two strikers. Both players -- Modeste and Bakambu, I believe -- were rated well above the offers made. And we never heard anything again.

It's pure spin. Offers made in the full knowledge that they'll be rejected, and there's no intention of following up. And we get this every fucking window.
I can understand a lower offer to kick off a negotiation, but what Sullivan does isn't that.
This is exactly why I was looking forward to Husillos' arrival.

And this is why everyone is a depressed, moaning, cynic. :D
Last edited by Neville Bartos on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Hammerite

Postby Hammerite » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:07 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:Is it me or is this really Harry Enfield

Well he would cost loadsamoney :D
2 x

Return to “Football Talk”