Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby h69 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:54 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
h69 wrote:Fabianski inbound I think !

Can't help but feel hugely underwhelmed by this, especially at a reported £7 Million for a 33 year old. He's an ok 'keeper but hardly next level. I suppose the massively overrated £20 million Mawson will be next. There are fucking reasons Swansea got relegated and Mawson was certainly one of them.

A 33 year old GK is like a 25 year old forward so I dont think age is an issue and he is a lot better than Adrian in my view. A solid goalkeeper is a must if we are going to stop leaking goals. Fabianski was by far and away Swansea's best player last season but was let down by all in front of him.

I may be wrong but I dont think we are going back in for Mawson (as we feel he is over priced due to being English) but I do believe Arsenal are sniffing round him.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:42 pm

h69 wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Can't help but feel hugely underwhelmed by this, especially at a reported £7 Million for a 33 year old. He's an ok 'keeper but hardly next level. I suppose the massively overrated £20 million Mawson will be next. There are fucking reasons Swansea got relegated and Mawson was certainly one of them.

A 33 year old GK is like a 25 year old forward

I've never really been convinced with that old adage. Some keepers do mature well, others fall off of a cliff performance wise (Michael Vorm anyone?) Don't get me wrong, Fabianski is a competent keeper and we need a competent keeper no doubt but I'm not sure that at £7m, Fabianski offers any more value than Tom Heaton for example would have at around half that. Still, it sounds like it's a done deal so good luck to him.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Will he be our No1 more then likely ? , always rated him , think he is better then Adrian , cant see Adrian staying especially now , he will know hes really got competition now for the gloves . Back to square one , needing another keeper maybe Johnstone ?. Would have preferred someone like Pope but I can understand why we have taken the older route for now .
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I can see both points of view here. I'm sure we've all had insurance renewal quotes that we thought took the piss and when we've phoned up to cancel have been told let me see what I can do, and magically the quote is reduced. Often very significantly. You are right in saying you never lead with your best offer, but equally you have to be in the ballpark area. Or, like I'm sure we've all done to insurance companies, you get told to take a hike and are not seen as someone to do business with.

Good negotiation is a skilled art. Daniel Levy is very good at it apparently. We desperately need someone who is a good, skilled negotiator to take charge of transfer dealings, ins and outs, because frankly the dwarf has repeatedly shown he is unfit for that purpose.

Unfortunately now he's given Housillos chief scout,it will be the dwarf at the sharp end again,can't imagine that went down well with Pellegrini.COYI

Pelli's first taste of how sneaky the little bastard can be.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:51 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:

A very good point mate.....I'm never happy buying from relegated sides,cos....they've just been
relegated cos they're not very good.....
And we're after buying The Centre Back and Goalie,arguably the mainstay of the side..... :shock:

Hope I'm wrong but not to happy with this one....
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:33 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
h69 wrote:
A 33 year old GK is like a 25 year old forward

I've never really been convinced with that old adage. Some keepers do mature well, others fall off of a cliff performance wise (Michael Vorm anyone?) Don't get me wrong, Fabianski is a competent keeper and we need a competent keeper no doubt but I'm not sure that at £7m, Fabianski offers any more value than Tom Heaton for example would have at around half that. Still, it sounds like it's a done deal so good luck to him.

Vorm fell off a cliff because he got no games behind Lloris. He was never going to dislodge him
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:36 pm

mkhammer wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:

A very good point mate.....I'm never happy buying from relegated sides,cos....they've just been
And we're after buying The Centre Back and Goalie,arguably the mainstay of the side..... :shock:

You can assume that but its about a team and if you look at how well Fabianski played and the reaction on the Swans site yesterday when they found out we were in for him you will realise that they actually played well this season. Butland the same at Stoke.

We had a number of Jewels in our side when we went down and we were shit with three world cup winners in our side.

Fabianski made more saves (369) than any other keeper since the start of the 2015/16 Premier League season.
Fabianski was one of the top 3 keepers across Europe's best five leagues last season for most saves (136).

At least he has practice.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:39 pm

mkhammer wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:

Fucking Sullivan is blaming Husillos already ffs ...

https://foreverwestham.com/2018/06/blog ... -underway/

Can’t believe the manager and DoF between em can’t come up with better than a couple of shell shocked relegetees ffs

This is another with Sullivan’s dirty grubby shit stained fingers all over it ...

How underwhelming ...
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Who was the last goalkeeper we actually bought..ie paid money for....for the first team. I thought it was Robert Green back in 2006 ish. The rest have all been freebies. But I might be wrong... :oops:
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:Who was the last goalkeeper we actually bought..ie paid money for....for the first team. I thought it was Robert Green back in 2006 ish. The rest have all been freebies. But I might be wrong... :oops:

I don't know where to look this up but I get the feeling that GK would be the one position where free transfers are the most common.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”