Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:50 am

andyginbrasil wrote:This just goes to prove that a majority of our players were attracted to West Ham for the wages, not because "West Ham is a big club, and I'm proud to wear the shirt" they are here purely because they were offered high wages. This also reeks of clauses in their contracts that provide various bonus payments for performances, that are controlled by board decisions, eg don't start Sakho, it costs us an extra 25 grand, I can see why there is deep rooted problems and almost certainly goes right back to the board. Hernandez is supposedly on 140k per week, this almost certainly includes bonuses the same as Sakho, if he doesn't start a PL match he will only receive a % of his appearance fee. Now do you believe this is above our board or are they dictating who starts matches to save money......I know what I think....with just those two starting on the bench.....they would save about 50k a match.....fuck scoring goals....or gaining points.....save money at all costs

I am a West Ham fan like you. But why would anyone, in today's football environment, be attracted to West Ham unless it was for a big pay packet ? And of course you could replace the words "West Ham" with any other name outside the top 6. Think about it. Hernandez has played for the biggest club in England and also what is probably the biggest club in the world. And now he is playing for West Ham.

Why do you think that is ? It is a sad state of affairs that Tottenham, a club with whom we should be able to compete with on a reasonably equal footing if we consider attendance revenues and so on, are absolutely light years ahead of us. The reason.? Love him or loathe him I know if I had a business and I wanted someone to run it I would pick Daniel Levy's soiled underwear ahead of the dwarf to do so.

Levy runs and manages a business. The dwarf ruins and mangles them.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:45 am

IronsForever wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Castiron wrote:And what budget? We don't even know what budget we've got, because those cunts don't spend any money!.

So Ayew, Arnautovic, Hernandez and the likes were all free then?!

Ayew was last season. Hernandes and Arnie were bought from the proceeds of the players we offloaded.We were desperate for 2 midfielders and they sat on the 4 million net hopping we can see it out this season without laying out any more dough.Any footballer who has played this game will say the midfield is the most important area in a team. Its the engine! We suffered last season because we never bought decent midfielders and we are suffering again and its as obvious as a wart on ya nose! Feggo and Nord were freebies!
Personally i think the owners realize how much money we really do need to secure our safety for the next few years and they are jingle jangling the players in and out to keep our necks barely above water.
If we finish 5th from bottom we will get around 130 Million for that roughly. If we finish 8th its another 16 million?? rough guess. They are thinking why should we spend 60 million to gain another 16 or so . 5th from bottom will do them very nicely each season with the Min of outlay.
If Lanzini and Arnie pick up injuries that keep them out for a month there would be a real strong possibility that we will go down because our squad is so devoid of creativity in midfield.

So a player an only be decent by spending a lot of money.

Ayew must be good then?!

Personally I like young Rice.

But he can't be any good surely?!
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:26 am

Porterman wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Porterman wrote:
So Ayew, Arnautovic, Hernandez and the likes were all free then?!

Ayew was last season. Hernandes and Arnie were bought from the proceeds of the players we offloaded.We were desperate for 2 midfielders and they sat on the 4 million net hopping we can see it out this season without laying out any more dough.Any footballer who has played this game will say the midfield is the most important area in a team. Its the engine! We suffered last season because we never bought decent midfielders and we are suffering again and its as obvious as a wart on ya nose! Feggo and Nord were freebies!
Personally i think the owners realize how much money we really do need to secure our safety for the next few years and they are jingle jangling the players in and out to keep our necks barely above water.
If we finish 5th from bottom we will get around 130 Million for that roughly. If we finish 8th its another 16 million?? rough guess. They are thinking why should we spend 60 million to gain another 16 or so . 5th from bottom will do them very nicely each season with the Min of outlay.
If Lanzini and Arnie pick up injuries that keep them out for a month there would be a real strong possibility that we will go down because our squad is so devoid of creativity in midfield.

So a player an only be decent by spending a lot of money.

Ayew must be good then?!

Personally I like young Rice.

But he can't be any good surely?!

LOL You need help. How long has it taken for a player like Rice to come through? See if you can find 2 like Rice for our Midfield and come back
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:35 am

LDesign wrote:Scott Arfield has been offered a new contract at Burnley.

There's one player we can check off the list!

Thank heavens
0 x
Flairon

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:40 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:We've got to be the only team that potentially gets rid of it's two best strikers in a relegation battle, fucking bizarre.
Going forward, my arse. They'd sell their mother for a pound note, dirty shitcunts.

Out of interest, are you saying Sakho and Hernandez are our two best strikers?
0 x
Flairon

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:46 am

I see we are creating squad harmony again by considering offers for ALL of our strikers

Owned and run by a bunch of cunts who deserve everything bad that happens to them regarding the football club
1 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:51 am

punkrockhammer wrote:I see we are creating squad harmony again by considering offers for ALL of our strikers

Owned and run by a bunch of cunts who deserve everything bad that happens to them regarding the football club

My thoughts towards Statler and Waldorf vary with my mood, governed mostly by my lack of sleep. I had a good night last night so I'm more ambivalent towards them than usual, and only regard them as something you should scrape off your shoe.

So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that even they would only let players go once we had better replacements done and dusted.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

LDesign

Postby LDesign » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:07 am

Bristol City have just signed Liverpool youngster Ryan Kent on loan for the rest of the season. He's been playing for Freiburg in the Bundesliga for the first half of the season.

I don't normally rave about youth players from other clubs, but this guy is class. would be in Liverpool's squad if it wasn't for Mane and Salah hitting fine form.

One to watch for sure!
0 x

LDesign

Postby LDesign » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 am

palerider wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:I see we are creating squad harmony again by considering offers for ALL of our strikers

My thoughts towards Statler and Waldorf vary with my mood, governed mostly by my lack of sleep. I had a good night last night so I'm more ambivalent towards them than usual, and only regard them as something you should scrape off your shoe.

So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that even they would only let players go once we had better replacements done and dusted.

I think having a squad that work for each other is more favourable than having a team of individuals. With work rate over quality, you'll get results - Leicester City is the perfect example by uniting to avoid relegation and carrying that over to the following season, buying playing with the same amount of passion and grit (Okazaki, Kante etc) to eventually win the league.

Can even look at Atletico Madrid, they don't go out and spend big money on players. Griezmann was signed from Real Sociedad for £11m and he was given the platform to perform, this is what Spurs are doing and are reaping the benefits by signing players who want to play for them rather than signing players to earn a bigger wage. Harry Kane is capped at £100k per week, given their financial state they could easily offer him £250k pw to match Real Madrid and Man Utd.
Yes West Ham have proven they can afford £140k pw in wages i.e Chicharito, but just because we can offer it, doesn't mean we should offer it. The motivation should be passionately driven and rewards come with performances. Our owners need to really start working this way.

We do not need to spend £30m on a player to get results.
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm

LDesign wrote:
palerider wrote:

I think having a squad that work for each other is more favourable than having a team of individuals. With work rate over quality, you'll get results - Leicester City is the perfect example by uniting to avoid relegation and carrying that over to the following season, buying playing with the same amount of passion and grit (Okazaki, Kante etc) to eventually win the league.

Can even look at Atletico Madrid, they don't go out and spend big money on players. Griezmann was signed from Real Sociedad for £11m and he was given the platform to perform, this is what Spurs are doing and are reaping the benefits by signing players who want to play for them rather than signing players to earn a bigger wage. Harry Kane is capped at £100k per week, given their financial state they could easily offer him £250k pw to match Real Madrid and Man Utd.
Yes West Ham have proven they can afford £140k pw in wages i.e Chicharito, but just because we can offer it, doesn't mean we should offer it. The motivation should be passionately driven and rewards come with performances. Our owners need to really start working this way.

We do not need to spend £30m on a player to get results.

our current owners have proven that , we cant get results spending £2m or £20m , and when will they ever spend £30m to bring in a player that is better then we actually have in the 1st eleven .Our biggest problem is not how much we spend , its finding the right player for the correct position , and buying players that dont fit the squads needs.
Last edited by Clayton on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”