Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Clayton » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:41 pm

hamz wrote:
LDesign wrote:The club must not be lured in by "European wonderkids". Our priority is to stay in this league by buying in proven premier league players - RISK FREE TRANSFERS. Mawson is probably the most risky as he's only had a season in the league playing as a recognised starter.

Players like Joe Allen, Jonjo Shelvey, Troy Deeney, Marc Albrighton, Nathan Redmond, Tom Cleverley etc. these are the type of players that are realistic within our budget. As good as this Dendoncker is, he is destined for greater things and given our current situation we cannot afford to take a risk on a 22 year old who has never played in the premier league and at £20m its a lot of money for someone unproven.

we've done it before and we bought the likes of Matthew Upson and Lucas Neill who vastly improved the squad and kept us up.

sensible post

we should of probably been in for coq, at 10m he could of done a job, him and shelvey would of improved our starting 11, balanced our squad and almost certainly give us enough bite and control in possession to easily beat the drop

tbh i think we'll survive the drop anyway

yeah really sensible post , how is it ? Would be if you was in the championship looking for some premiership experience on the way up . But why would you want them if you was a premiership team looking to achieve at the next level .
0 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Clayton wrote:
hamz wrote:
LDesign wrote:The club must not be lured in by "European wonderkids". Our priority is to stay in this league by buying in proven premier league players - RISK FREE TRANSFERS. Mawson is probably the most risky as he's only had a season in the league playing as a recognised starter.

Players like Joe Allen, Jonjo Shelvey, Troy Deeney, Marc Albrighton, Nathan Redmond, Tom Cleverley etc. these are the type of players that are realistic within our budget. As good as this Dendoncker is, he is destined for greater things and given our current situation we cannot afford to take a risk on a 22 year old who has never played in the premier league and at £20m its a lot of money for someone unproven.

we've done it before and we bought the likes of Matthew Upson and Lucas Neill who vastly improved the squad and kept us up.

sensible post

we should of probably been in for coq, at 10m he could of done a job, him and shelvey would of improved our starting 11, balanced our squad and almost certainly give us enough bite and control in possession to easily beat the drop

yeah really sensible post , how is it ? Would be if you was in the championship looking for some premiership experience on the way up . But why would you want them if you was a premiership team looking to achieve at the next level .

And what budget? We don't even know what budget we've got, because those cunts don't spend any money!.
1 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Let it be known we can only loan players and buy a cheapo and we will all be pleased.

Please please get out of my club you shysters
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:44 pm

grandad wrote:Let it be known we can only loan players and buy a cheapo and we will all be pleased.

Please please get out of my club you shysters

They just love to mug us off .
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Castiron wrote:
Clayton wrote:
hamz wrote:
sensible post

And what budget? We don't even know what budget we've got, because those cunts don't spend any money!.

So why let them know we are willing to take the best of the worst players they are willing to fork out for.
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:17 pm

Castiron wrote:
Clayton wrote:
hamz wrote:
sensible post

I don't think there is a budget. We Net spent 4 Million this season. We desperately need to strengthen in this window because there are 5 teams including us just outside the bottom 2 who can go down. Lets see what budget they have haha. I'l tell you whats going to happen. WHEN they sell Sakho and hmmm lets see. ip dip thrupney bit you are it!! Yep Ayew also. They will tell Moyes he has 25 Million to spend. If they had a budget to invest we would have strengthened the midfield pre season.
Forget about next level spending for at least 3 years till they filter a kitty from turnover.
I'l tell you how messed up they are! We have the 14th Highest first team wage bill in " The World " haha Yep the world!! What fucking world class players do we have???? Thats how messed up is that?? and thats why there is no budget!!
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:46 pm

This just goes to prove that a majority of our players were attracted to West Ham for the wages, not because "West Ham is a big club, and I'm proud to wear the shirt" they are here purely because they were offered high wages. This also reeks of clauses in their contracts that provide various bonus payments for performances, that are controlled by board decisions, eg don't start Sakho, it costs us an extra 25 grand, I can see why there is deep rooted problems and almost certainly goes right back to the board. Hernandez is supposedly on 140k per week, this almost certainly includes bonuses the same as Sakho, if he doesn't start a PL match he will only receive a % of his appearance fee. Now do you believe this is above our board or are they dictating who starts matches to save money......I know what I think....with just those two starting on the bench.....they would save about 50k a match.....fuck scoring goals....or gaining points.....save money at all costs
1 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:39 am

Castiron wrote:
Clayton wrote:
hamz wrote:
sensible post

So Ayew, Arnautovic, Hernandez and the likes were all free then?!
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:25 am

Porterman wrote:
Castiron wrote:
Clayton wrote:

So Ayew, Arnautovic, Hernandez and the likes were all free then?!

Ayew was last season. Hernandes and Arnie were bought from the proceeds of the players we offloaded.We were desperate for 2 midfielders and they sat on the 4 million net hopping we can see it out this season without laying out any more dough.Any footballer who has played this game will say the midfield is the most important area in a team. Its the engine! We suffered last season because we never bought decent midfielders and we are suffering again and its as obvious as a wart on ya nose! Feggo and Nord were freebies!
Personally i think the owners realize how much money we really do need to secure our safety for the next few years and they are jingle jangling the players in and out to keep our necks barely above water.
If we finish 5th from bottom we will get around 130 Million for that roughly. If we finish 8th its another 16 million?? rough guess. They are thinking why should we spend 60 million to gain another 16 or so . 5th from bottom will do them very nicely each season with the Min of outlay.
If Lanzini and Arnie pick up injuries that keep them out for a month there would be a real strong possibility that we will go down because our squad is so devoid of creativity in midfield.
2 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:31 am

andyginbrasil wrote:This just goes to prove that a majority of our players were attracted to West Ham for the wages, not because "West Ham is a big club, and I'm proud to wear the shirt" they are here purely because they were offered high wages. This also reeks of clauses in their contracts that provide various bonus payments for performances, that are controlled by board decisions, eg don't start Sakho, it costs us an extra 25 grand, I can see why there is deep rooted problems and almost certainly goes right back to the board. Hernandez is supposedly on 140k per week, this almost certainly includes bonuses the same as Sakho, if he doesn't start a PL match he will only receive a % of his appearance fee. Now do you believe this is above our board or are they dictating who starts matches to save money......I know what I think....with just those two starting on the bench.....they would save about 50k a match.....fuck scoring goals....or gaining points.....save money at all costs

Moyes was a God send for them i am genuinely amused. Start with no strikers and save them at least 1 bonus per game.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”