Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 2741
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Clayton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Clayton wrote:
LDesign wrote:
palerider wrote:My thoughts towards Statler and Waldorf vary with my mood, governed mostly by my lack of sleep. I had a good night last night so I'm more ambivalent towards them than usual, and only regard them as something you should scrape off your shoe.

So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that even they would only let players go once we had better replacements done and dusted.


I think having a squad that work for each other is more favourable than having a team of individuals. With work rate over quality, you'll get results - Leicester City is the perfect example by uniting to avoid relegation and carrying that over to the following season, buying playing with the same amount of passion and grit (Okazaki, Kante etc) to eventually win the league.

Can even look at Atletico Madrid, they don't go out and spend big money on players. Griezmann was signed from Real Sociedad for £11m and he was given the platform to perform, this is what Spurs are doing and are reaping the benefits by signing players who want to play for them rather than signing players to earn a bigger wage. Harry Kane is capped at £100k per week, given their financial state they could easily offer him £250k pw to match Real Madrid and Man Utd.
Yes West Ham have proven they can afford £140k pw in wages i.e Chicharito, but just because we can offer it, doesn't mean we should offer it. The motivation should be passionately driven and rewards come with performances. Our owners need to really start working this way.

We do not need to spend £30m on a player to get results.


our current owners have proven that , you dont get results spending £2m or £20m , and when will they ever spend £30m to bring in a player that is better then we actually have in the 1st eleven .Yeah and we bring in a player pay him £145k a week and we dont play him to the best of his ability , thats real forward thinking .
0 x

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 4190
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Brookbonds73 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Flairon wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:We've got to be the only team that potentially gets rid of it's two best strikers in a relegation battle, fucking bizarre.
Going forward, my arse. They'd sell their mother for a pound note, dirty shitcunts.


Out of interest, are you saying Sakho and Hernandez are our two best strikers?


Yes I'd say sakho on his day is our best striker and if played in the right system little pea is probably one of the best poachers in the league.
That's not to say I wouldn't give either one a slap for their attitudes but there are reasons behind their attitudes while being at our club, especially sakho. He's seen other strikers at our club being paid two or three times his wages, i.e. Sicknote Carroll and as mentioned little pea.
You only have to look at the Shrewsbury match to see just how lost little pea is in our system, when clearly what's needed is a payet to supply him.
Like I say I hate their attitudes but these players do score goals when utilised in the proper way.
4 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 2782
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby BlackDiamond » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Flairon wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:We've got to be the only team that potentially gets rid of it's two best strikers in a relegation battle, fucking bizarre.
Going forward, my arse. They'd sell their mother for a pound note, dirty shitcunts.


Out of interest, are you saying Sakho and Hernandez are our two best strikers?


Yes I'd say sakho on his day is our best striker and if played in the right system little pea is probably one of the best poachers in the league.
That's not to say I wouldn't give either one a slap for their attitudes but there are reasons behind their attitudes while being at our club, especially sakho. He's seen other strikers at our club being paid two or three times his wages, i.e. Sicknote Carroll and as mentioned little pea.
You only have to look at the Shrewsbury match to see just how lost little pea is in our system, when clearly what's needed is a payet to supply him.
Like I say I hate their attitudes but these players do score goals when utilised in the proper way.

Utilising resources correctly or even purchasing correct stuff for the right occasion.

Bloke buys an expensive leather sofa for a weekend house warming. Trouble is,it doesn't fit through the sitting room door frame. He stores it in the loft,temporarily...people turn up to admire the new place. Plenty of standing room - happy families...
0 x

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 4190
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Brookbonds73 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Another way of looking at it of course, is with all the speculation concerning transfers,it deflects away somewhat the owners inability to push our club forward.
By today's rates, if they really wanted to sell the players i.e. Lanzini, sakho, Ayew and possibly oxford they could obtain around the £70 million mark, that when added to our marvellous war chest could give around £100 million to spend.
But while we all realise that should be ploughed back in to the team, with either 3 decent players etc, we have to realise that with the shitcunts in charge this more than likely will not happen.
I have no faith whatsoever in our shysters and firmly believe that they are in the process of slowly asset stripping our club.

Fuck off and leave our club.

Rant over.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
Porterman
Posts: 2475
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:49 am

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Porterman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:16 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Porterman wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Ayew was last season. Hernandes and Arnie were bought from the proceeds of the players we offloaded.We were desperate for 2 midfielders and they sat on the 4 million net hopping we can see it out this season without laying out any more dough.Any footballer who has played this game will say the midfield is the most important area in a team. Its the engine! We suffered last season because we never bought decent midfielders and we are suffering again and its as obvious as a wart on ya nose! Feggo and Nord were freebies!
Personally i think the owners realize how much money we really do need to secure our safety for the next few years and they are jingle jangling the players in and out to keep our necks barely above water.
If we finish 5th from bottom we will get around 130 Million for that roughly. If we finish 8th its another 16 million?? rough guess. They are thinking why should we spend 60 million to gain another 16 or so . 5th from bottom will do them very nicely each season with the Min of outlay.
If Lanzini and Arnie pick up injuries that keep them out for a month there would be a real strong possibility that we will go down because our squad is so devoid of creativity in midfield.


So a player an only be decent by spending a lot of money.

Ayew must be good then?!

Personally I like young Rice.

But he can't be any good surely?!


i am genuinely amused You need help. How long has it taken for a player like Rice to come through? See if you can find 2 like Rice for our Midfield and come back


I can not answer with any accuracy" how long" Rice has been at our club but WHAT I CAN say is he looks very good.

And he didnt (to the best of my knowledge) cost a lot of money.

Which is my point since you seem to have missed it ENTIRELY.

You seem to go on the presumption that spending money is KEY to everything.

Nobody can deny that players need to be bought.

And again you "potentially" have a chance of them being better if you spend vast fortunes but with that comes "lots of other things" (will leave that side of it out for now).

You say " go and find 2 like Rice for our midfield".

Are you sure Cullen wont be one of them?! (Personally didnt see anything in him last week to get TOO excited about but you never know.......well you wont if you dont play him admittedly)!!

I am possibly THEE BIGGEST critic of our midfield on this site (and have been for an awful long time now unfortunately) and please believe me when I say NOBODY want to see more flair,vision, defensive prowess and commitment in midfield than I do.

Do I equate it to "wildly waving a cheque book about" ? (and remember its JUST BUYING a player that cost untold amounts of money but the ludicrious wages that go with it).

No.
0 x

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 2312
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby BillyDWhizz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 pm

12th January and the sum total of in's and out's is squat. Fuck it Dave...I'm going to bed.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

User avatar
Castiron
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Castiron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:20 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Castiron wrote:And what budget? We don't even know what budget we've got, because those cunts don't spend any money!.


So Ayew, Arnautovic, Hernandez and the likes were all free then?!


Ayew was last season. Hernandes and Arnie were bought from the proceeds of the players we offloaded.We were desperate for 2 midfielders and they sat on the 4 million net hopping we can see it out this season without laying out any more dough.Any footballer who has played this game will say the midfield is the most important area in a team. Its the engine! We suffered last season because we never bought decent midfielders and we are suffering again and its as obvious as a wart on ya nose! Feggo and Nord were freebies!
Personally i think the owners realize how much money we really do need to secure our safety for the next few years and they are jingle jangling the players in and out to keep our necks barely above water.
If we finish 5th from bottom we will get around 130 Million for that roughly. If we finish 8th its another 16 million?? rough guess. They are thinking why should we spend 60 million to gain another 16 or so . 5th from bottom will do them very nicely each season with the Min of outlay.
If Lanzini and Arnie pick up injuries that keep them out for a month there would be a real strong possibility that we will go down because our squad is so devoid of creativity in midfield.

Yep.
0 x

User avatar
hamz
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:30 pm
Location: The answer is Shelvey

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby hamz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:42 pm

so no shelvey yet..

newcaslte will probably wait until the last possible moment to hurt out chances of picking up points in these crucial games

fucking benitez
0 x

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 2741
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Clayton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:48 pm

hamz wrote:so no shelvey yet..

newcaslte will probably wait until the last possible moment to hurt out chances of picking up points in these crucial games

fucking benitez


Liking Benitez more and more as the transfer window goes by , as long as he stays at Newcastle with Shelvey .
1 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 9079
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby Newmarket » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Porterman wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Porterman wrote:
So a player an only be decent by spending a lot of money.

Ayew must be good then?!

Personally I like young Rice.

But he can't be any good surely?!


i am genuinely amused You need help. How long has it taken for a player like Rice to come through? See if you can find 2 like Rice for our Midfield and come back


I can not answer with any accuracy" how long" Rice has been at our club but WHAT I CAN say is he looks very good.

And he didnt (to the best of my knowledge) cost a lot of money.

Which is my point since you seem to have missed it ENTIRELY.

You seem to go on the presumption that spending money is KEY to everything.

Nobody can deny that players need to be bought.

And again you "potentially" have a chance of them being better if you spend vast fortunes but with that comes "lots of other things" (will leave that side of it out for now).

You say " go and find 2 like Rice for our midfield".

Are you sure Cullen wont be one of them?! (Personally didnt see anything in him last week to get TOO excited about but you never know.......well you wont if you dont play him admittedly)!!

I am possibly THEE BIGGEST critic of our midfield on this site (and have been for an awful long time now unfortunately) and please believe me when I say NOBODY want to see more flair,vision, defensive prowess and commitment in midfield than I do.

Do I equate it to "wildly waving a cheque book about" ? (and remember its JUST BUYING a player that cost untold amounts of money but the ludicrious wages that go with it).

No.

You two ‘erberts appear to be misunderstanding each other :i am genuinely amused:

Credit where Credit is due Port . You identified our midfield problem long before I did and I would go as far as to guess before most on here .
Although I reserve the right to say that I’m not sure that Mr Obiang has EVER been played in the position in which he allegedly shone at Sampdoria :D

Irons isn’t , I think , saying what you think he’s saying .

When he , and I , and many others , say that those 2 shysters won’t spend money on players , he isn’t saying that they are a lot more money therefore they MUST be better than what we have as you seem to be implying ;)

What he is saying is that they won’t pay the going RATE of the classier players .
Carvalho . E40m release clause . Cunt & cunt offer £24m
Snodgrass for sale for £8-10m . Cunt & cunt offer £3m
Dendonker . Valued at £28-30m . Cunt & cunt allegedly offer £19m .

Yet they’ll quite willingly pay wages WORTHY of class players to the load of old shit that we employ :i am genuinely amused:

Can you see where we’re going with this ? :D
2 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Down under mick, Google [Bot] and 12 guests