Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby h69 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:06 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:I've seen the Fernandes thing,but can't find anything about Chelsea and Anderson,where's the rumour come from RM. COYI

Dodged a bullet re Fernandes. Sporting are going to FIFA to try and make Wolves pay an extra £33 odd million on top of the £15M they've already paid for Rui Patrico. Sporting are a fucking mess and we've done well to avoid getting embroiled in all their litigious bullshit.

Ouch!
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Ron Manager wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:I've seen the Fernandes thing,but can't find anything about Chelsea and Anderson,where's the rumour come from RM. COYI

Il Tempo, the Italian paper think Lazio are playing us off with the plastics and waiting for the new Chelsea manager to up the ante.

To be fair that might happen but the difference this year is we seem to have other irons in the fire if that goes South and time to do them so best wait and see what happens. (Excuse the pun)
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:57 pm

If the romours about lescalles are true i doubt balbuena is coming, surely we dont need to sign 3 CBs.

personally im much more exited about balbuena
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 pm

thomasswe wrote:If the romours about lescalles are true i doubt balbuena is coming, surely we dont need to sign 3 CBs.

Could be they're sounding out Newcastle in case Balbuena has a work permit issue.
He only has 7 caps for Paraguay since 2015.
Given they're outside the top 30, and Balbuena is unlikely to automatically qualify, he'd need to have played 75% of Paraguay's games over a fixed period.

Depending on how Pellegrini sees things we might still look short, or lacking PL experience, at CB.
Starting Diop and Balbuena would be a risk. Reid's injuries make him unreliable, Rice will probably play as a holding DM, that just leaves Ogbonna.

Hard to imagine we'd sign two wingers for £60m and two centre-backs for £50m. Or are we City, are we City, are we City in disguise? Are we City in disguise? ;)
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 pm

h69 wrote:
Clayton wrote:West Ham join rivals in hunt for Steven N’Zonzi - who could leave Sevilla this summer if his £35m release clause is met. Are we realistically in for him ? Not denying we could really do with a player of his ability in front of the back four . But have we got the finances in place to afford him , especially with the recent rumours of us wanting Lascelles as well . And still the Anderson and Balbuena deals to be done . Nzonzi doesnt seem a feasible transaction to me !

https://westhamworld.co.uk/west-ham-joi ... en-nzonzi/

I think its a backup plan because if we sign Anderson, I cant see them buying anyone else for 35M. Balbuena is only 3.5M but I am not sure he is going to get a work permit and I think Lascelles would probably cost 30M.

Milan have been chucked out of the Europa league for breaching FFP

We must be in credit with the FFP. COYI
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Ron Manager wrote:

Il Tempo, the Italian paper think Lazio are playing us off with the plastics and waiting for the new Chelsea manager to up the ante.

I've seen some of the Chelsea targets Jorginho,and Higuain let's hope Anderson isn't one.COYI
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:05 am

Baddowhammer wrote:
Ron Manager wrote:Il Tempo, the Italian paper think Lazio are playing us off with the plastics and waiting for the new Chelsea manager to up the ante.

I've seen some of the Chelsea targets Jorginho,and Higuain let's hope Anderson isn't one.COYI

I believe he is inbound to West Ham as we speak.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:16 am

thomasswe wrote:If the romours about lescalles are true i doubt balbuena is coming, surely we dont need to sign 3 CBs.

Not rumours Tom. We have made a bid for Lascelles which Newcastle have turned down.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:35 am

Whiskyman wrote:

Not rumours Tom. We have made a bid for Lascelles which Newcastle have turned down.

Nev is right. I think they are worried about the Work Permit as Balbuena is so cheap they cant use the exceptional talent clause either and he has not played 75% of games for Paraguay.
0 x

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 am

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Nev is right. I think they are worried about the Work Permit as Balbuena is so cheap they cant use the exceptional talent clause either and he has not played 75% of games for Paraguay.

Only 7 games in 3 years. I really can't see how he can be unless he's got an EU passport which I doubt.

I like Lascelles but it will take a bid of 35m to tempt the Toon, so we'll have to look elsewhere if MP is planning to deploy Rice as a defensive midfielder.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”