Transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Transfer window thread

Postby h69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:49 am

Ron Manager wrote:
h69 wrote:
Nev is right. I think they are worried about the Work Permit as Balbuena is so cheap they cant use the exceptional talent clause either and he has not played 75% of games for Paraguay.

Only 7 games in 3 years. I really can't see how he can be unless he's got an EU passport which I doubt.

I like Lascelles but it will take a bid of 35m to tempt the Toon, so we'll have to look elsewhere if MP is planning to deploy Rice as a defensive midfielder.

Completely agree with all of that mate !
0 x

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:36 am

h69 wrote:
Ron Manager wrote:Only 7 games in 3 years. I really can't see how he can be unless he's got an EU passport which I doubt.

I like Lascelles but it will take a bid of 35m to tempt the Toon, so we'll have to look elsewhere if MP is planning to deploy Rice as a defensive midfielder.

I believe though that Newcastle may be interested in Antonio. Not heard any rumours but maybe some sort of swap could be on the cards ?
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 am

Ron Manager wrote:
h69 wrote:

I believe though that Newcastle may be interested in Antonio. Not heard any rumours but maybe some sort of swap could be on the cards ?

They will play hardball with us on Lascelles. He is their Club Captain I think and a mate of mine who supports the Geordies rates him highly. Money talks though but difficult to believe we have all that much left in the budget.
0 x

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:20 am

Would you consider this to be a successful transfer window thus far?

With 5 players signed already with the potential for at least 2 more I would tentatively say that it has been(subject to how quickly they fit in and/or find their respective feet in the Premiership).

That being the case, do we have finally give some credit to the board? :o :lol:
1 x
Flairon

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:26 am

Flairon wrote:Would you consider this to be a successful transfer window thus far?

With 5 players signed already with the potential for at least 2 more I would tentatively say that it has been(subject to how quickly they fit in and/or find their respective feet in the Premiership).

That being the case, do we have finally give some credit to the board? :o :i am genuinely amused:

Yes. I think this is successful. But the best acquisition has been Pellegrini and Husillos.

Investing nearly 100 million in the team.
Bringing in quality
Adding some pace to the side
Looking at younger players rather than has beens.
Buying early (by our standards)

They just need to sell a bit of the deadwood at the club and hopefully we can have a good season. I think the team may need a month or so to gel before we see the best of them.
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 am

Flairon wrote:Would you consider this to be a successful transfer window thus far?

That being the case, do we have finally give some credit to the board? :o :i am genuinely amused:

Not unless we get that all important holding midfielder which has been a priority for many seasons , even if Rice gets to play the role , we dont have another as cover . But I would sooner have someone he can learn the ropes from ,like Milan Badelj who is out of contract which is surprising as he's one of the best .
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:46 am

Clayton wrote:

Not unless we get that all important holding midfielder which has been a priority for many seasons , even if Rice gets to play the role , we dont have another as cover . But I would sooner have someone he can learn the ropes from ,like Milan Badelj who is out of contract which is surprising as he's one of the best .

There's a couple of decent DMs knocking about on a free.
Badelj is a class above, but Veloso, Mbia and Yacob could all be worth a short term contract.
As could Song, who is still only 30.

Hard to believe if we're paying £35m+ for Anderson we'll be chasing anyone with a fee attached.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Alfiehammer

Postby Alfiehammer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 am

Whiskyman wrote:
thomasswe wrote:If the romours about lescalles are true i doubt balbuena is coming, surely we dont need to sign 3 CBs.

personally im much more exited about balbuena

Not rumours Tom. We have made a bid for Lascelles which Newcastle have turned down.

Getting deja vu here, I thought the lads talked about this on a cup of tea weeks ago (early June?)
0 x

Alfiehammer

Postby Alfiehammer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:10 am

h69 wrote:
Ron Manager wrote:I believe though that Newcastle may be interested in Antonio. Not heard any rumours but maybe some sort of swap could be on the cards ?

They will play hardball with us on Lascelles. He is their Club Captain I think and a mate of mine who supports the Geordies rates him highly. Money talks though but difficult to believe we have all that much left in the budget.

I think it would start a riot down there if they sold him, they aren’t much happier with their owner then we are. If we look more ambitious then Ashley he’ll get hung from the gallowgate rafters by his knackers
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 am

h69 wrote:
Ron Manager wrote:I believe though that Newcastle may be interested in Antonio. Not heard any rumours but maybe some sort of swap could be on the cards ?

If Newcastle have an interest in Antonio that could possibly be key to any deal. I know a bloke who played with Lascelles when he was a Forest player and had a loan spell with Stevenage. Reckons he was a top quality player for his age and a very mature bloke and isn't at all surprised he is Newcastle's club captain now.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Return to “Football Talk”