Hernandez

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Hernandez

Postby Clayton » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:31 pm

h69 wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote:He doesn't suit the David Moyes tactical plan which is basically:

Everybody behind the ball and the occasional counter attack or kick the ball with gusto aerially in the general vicinity of AC. That's it, the nutshell version.

The counter attack is spearheaded by Antonio and Aunatovich operating as torpedo boats from the flanks. And you don't need isolated strikers in that system. Nor do you need intricate midfield play makers because they don't have any strikers to look for anyway.

So the football philosophy is containment and strike when/if you can or must. That's it. Any idea of football as entertainment is not considered.

Funny way to keep people happy...but it pays the rent I suppose

I dont agree with that. Football or no football, he could not outpace a Shrewsbury center back on Saturday even though he had a couple of yards head start so he doesnt have enough pace for our league, he cant hold the ball up, is too small to head the ball and has no strength to stay on his feet so to be honest he is only going to score goals from poaching tap ins from defensive mistakes. Even then, his scuffed finish at Bournemouth was poor and we were fortunate Begovic was so poor that day. I dont see what he offers to be honest.

Cottee was quick both on the pitch and in his head and had a great low center of gravity meaning he was hard to knock off the ball. There really is no comparison.

As far as AC goes, I believe the club have said they will look at offers for Hernandez, Sakho, Carroll and Ayew and that Moyes wants to completely change the forwards. JH is more likely to leave in July but if we get a good offer then I am sure we would sell him.

I see we are linked with Smolov today but we will be linked with every striker in the world now.

Hernandez, Sakho, Carroll and Ayew , I for one like the look of that , at least the manager has a idea in his head , a plan of some description . I would also like to know who he plans to get rid of from our midfield .
0 x

ZP Hammer

Postby ZP Hammer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 am

mkhammer wrote:
BCHammer wrote:I would like to see Arthur & Cress learn to cross a ball into the box more than once a game before we give up on him...

Ive given up any hope of Cheik supplying anything through the middle. Hopefully he can be replaced in the coming days.

Agree BC
Been driving me insane,last 12 months or so, our crossing is the worst I've seen from any
team anywhere,its absolutely shit.
I can partly defend AC cos of this,can probably count on one hand the amount of decent crosses
he's had this season...that is F.in terrible

Cress and Lanzini main culprits especially Cress...
Makes me speechless at times AC on the pitch and we can't put a ball in for shit..Unfuckinbeleivable

This actually makes angrier than our crap MF at the moment,might find some excuses for that,
but there is no excuse's when a professional footballer can't cross a ball.

A situation that's exemplified by the lack of delivery even from dead-ball play. To further illustrate the point, when we have had good crosses we've often converted them e.g. AC's recent header and efforts by Ogbonna and Kouyate.
Having said that, I'm still fuming about Cheikhou's miss against the Spuds, but you get my drift. I do wonder about what the manager and other teammates say to one another post match as some of our deficiencies are so blatant they cannot have been missed if there's any kind of match review.
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:45 am

h69 wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote:He doesn't suit the David Moyes tactical plan which is basically:

Everybody behind the ball and the occasional counter attack or kick the ball with gusto aerially in the general vicinity of AC. That's it, the nutshell version.

The counter attack is spearheaded by Antonio and Aunatovich operating as torpedo boats from the flanks. And you don't need isolated strikers in that system. Nor do you need intricate midfield play makers because they don't have any strikers to look for anyway.

So the football philosophy is containment and strike when/if you can or must. That's it. Any idea of football as entertainment is not considered.

I see we are linked with Smolov today but we will be linked with every striker in the world now.

So I assume we can shortly anticipate the arrival of Senor Cavani ? :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

I think you should have said we will be linked with a lot of strikers no one has ever heard of, nor is ever likely to be heard of again

And as one leading manager said many years ago (Can't remember who but it was pre Allardyce) If you want to be entertained, go to the circus
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

h69

Postby h69 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:52 am

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:

So I assume we can shortly anticipate the arrival of Senor Cavani ? :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

I think you should have said we will be linked with a lot of strikers no one has ever heard of, nor is ever likely to be heard of again

And as one leading manager said many years ago (Can't remember who but it was pre Allardyce) If you want to be entertained, go to the circus

Well Smolov is captain of Russia and I have heard of him but every agent will tout their forwards, leak it to the press and then fans will either get excited or start sulking. Often neither club has anything to do with it nor knows anything about it.

Our priority at the moment is to continue picking up points and regroup in the summer. Sure, I'd love us to turn into Man City but that requires multi millions of pounds spent over 4 or 5 seasons. There are not too many teams able to do that. Man City and Liverpool are the only ones really entertaining and winning. Ask the Arsenal fans how much they have enjoyed being entertained without winning anything other than the FA Cup and I am sure Spurs will go the same way if they dont win something this season.

Bilic left us so low that it is taking a pretty gargantuan effort to get the team playing with a bit of cohesion.
1 x

Olas1

Postby Olas1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:17 pm

The fact that Man Utd and Arsenal have been linked with the player, and even Spurs fans have made their feelings known on Twitter that they see him as a good signing, suggests we should try and persist with the player.
Its a nonsense to say he cant fit in the system - the original plan was to have Antonio and Arnie on the wings, and even with Arnies new role, Masuaku can run up and down the left wing and get the crosses in. Lanzini playing behind the front man, also offers service. Even Bilic failed to recognise this, playing Chico on the wing!?!? It smacks of what happened to Snodgrass, who was played out of position. Okay arguably he wasn't a Premiership player, yet he is smashing it at Aston Villa. Look at Cullen who was played out of position, yet when moved to central midfield looked a better player against Shrewsbury!
Chico knows where the goal is he is a poacher. His track record reinforces this. Moyes needs to look at the team and play to the strengths. Parking the bus against Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs did yield results yet against our peers we need to be more attack minded. The only reason the club want rid is his wages, yet is 6 months long enough to assess a player!?!?!
Has anyone noticed post Chelsea when Masuaku had a really good game, he has been put back in his box, to not run or take on players and instead play the simple ball. Why!?! Play to his strengths he is fast, and has the skill to take on players and cross - use it! We have an abysmal track record with strikers, yet many seem to go on and prove us wrong, the debate being is La Liga etc an easier league!?!

Including cup games (see below!)

Valencia 13 goals in 23 appearances for Tigres
Calleri 7 goals in 20 appearances Las Palmas
Zaza 10 goals in 15 appearances Valencia
Emineke 4 goals in 10 appearances Olympiacos
3 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Olas1 wrote:The fact that Man Utd and Arsenal have been linked with the player, and even Spurs fans have made their feelings known on Twitter that they see him as a good signing, suggests we should try and persist with the player.
Its a nonsense to say he cant fit in the system - the original plan was to have Antonio and Arnie on the wings, and even with Arnies new role, Masuaku can run up and down the left wing and get the crosses in. Lanzini playing behind the front man, also offers service. Even Bilic failed to recognise this, playing Chico on the wing!?!? It smacks of what happened to Snodgrass, who was played out of position. Okay arguably he wasn't a Premiership player, yet he is smashing it at Aston Villa. Look at Cullen who was played out of position, yet when moved to central midfield looked a better player against Shrewsbury!
Chico knows where the goal is he is a poacher. His track record reinforces this. Moyes needs to look at the team and play to the strengths. Parking the bus against Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs did yield results yet against our peers we need to be more attack minded. The only reason the club want rid is his wages, yet is 6 months long enough to assess a player!?!?!
Has anyone noticed post Chelsea when Masuaku had a really good game, he has been put back in his box, to not run or take on players and instead play the simple ball. Why!?! Play to his strengths he is fast, and has the skill to take on players and cross - use it! We have an abysmal track record with strikers, yet many seem to go on and prove us wrong, the debate being is La Liga etc an easier league!?!

Calleris stats are particularly good because Las Palmas are having an awful season at the moment and are bottom of La Liga.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:13 pm

If he is transferred to another PL club and comes back playing against us he will score a couple without any trouble !!
0 x

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 pm

At least Moysie in his press conference acknowledges what the problem is - no balls into the box or in and around him.

Talking about it is one thing, but whats the bet he does nothing about it.
0 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Facing up to reality is the hardest thing.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Olas1 wrote:The fact that Man Utd and Arsenal have been linked with the player, and even Spurs fans have made their feelings known on Twitter that they see him as a good signing, suggests we should try and persist with the player.

Calleris stats are particularly good because Las Palmas are having an awful season at the moment and are bottom of La Liga.

Yeah they ARE awful mate . Guess who’s scored the rest of their goals ? :)
And you definitely know who’s being creating all the chances .

We just happen to need creativity too :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”